No food or drink into McKenzie Arena

whiskeyjoe

FYI, TSSAA says no one will be allowed to bring food or drink into McKenzie Arena during the state traditional tournament. But the TSSAA will be providing wrestlers with free squeeze bottles and water and Gatorade stations where they can fill up during the tournament. As for food, wrestlers will either have to cache their bagels, Subway subs, etc. outside the Arena, or dine on hot dogs, popcorn and nachos from the concession stands.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, TSSAA says no one will be allowed to bring food or drink into McKenzie Arena during the state traditional tournament. But the TSSAA will be providing wrestlers with free squeeze bottles and water and Gatorade stations where they can fill up during the tournament. As for food, wrestlers will either have to cache their bagels, Subway subs, etc. outside the Arena, or dine on hot dogs, popcorn and nachos from the concession stands.

that doesn't sound like fun....hot dogs for the whole tournament....oh well better get to the gatorades first

REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE 3 CONCESSION STANDS THAT SUPPORT UTC WRESTLING. IF NOTHING ELSE UTC WRESTLING WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE MONEY.

THE ANIMAL

That's right....go see the old salty dog himself Rader76 and get him to make up a batch of popcorn for you. He makes the best popcorn in town!

I understand that UTC is tryin to make money off their concessions, but it's kinda dumb to not allow competeing wrestlers to bring in their own food. They did that for years, letting them get their cooler in through the lower gate. Some of them probably dont want to spend their money on greasy concession stand food or walk down the street to get a subway. I mean, is it too much to ask to let them bring their own pasta or power bars? It seems kinda petty to me.

I understand that UTC is tryin to make money off their concessions, but it's kinda dumb to not allow competeing wrestlers to bring in their own food. They did that for years, letting them get their cooler in through the lower gate. Some of them probably dont want to spend their money on greasy concession stand food or walk down the street to get a subway. I mean, is it too much to ask to let them bring their own pasta or power bars? It seems kinda petty to me.

You should still go see Raider76.

But...if the arena is like the ones down here, the Macon Centraplex and the Gwinnett Arena, they make rules not the GHSA or TSSAA. I know you guys have been going to UTC for years and I don't know if this is something new. The Gwinnett Arena does the same thing with the Gatorade and water. We basically have teams setting up and tailgating in the arena parking lot. The kids do sneak stuff in their bag and nobody says anything to them.

I understand how you feel.

thats what i was trying to get at. on a lighter note though, im pretty pumped about the ice cream concession stands. well that and the wrestling.

REMEMBER TO SUPPORT THE 3 CONCESSION STANDS THAT SUPPORT UTC WRESTLING. IF NOTHING ELSE UTC WRESTLING WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE MONEY.

THE ANIMAL

YEAH, UTC WRESTLING REALLY APPRECIATES YOUR $2.50 FOR A BAG OF M&M'S! COME ON, EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY ARE RIPPIN PEOPLE OFF!! THESE PARENTS COME FROM ALL OVER THE STATE TO SEE THEIR KIDS WRESTLE AND THEY ARE THERE FOR 3 DAYS WITH NOT A WHOLE LOT OF CHOICES IN DOWNTOWN CHATT.

IF THEY LEAVE TO GO EAT, THEY CAN EXPECT TO PAY ANOTHER 5 BUCKS TO PARK IN THE SAME SPOT THEY LEFT AN HOUR EARLIER!

AND THE WRESTLERS ARE SO HUNGRY AFTER WEIGH-INS, IF THEY CAN'T BRING THEIR OWN FOOD IN THE PARENTS GET RAPED EVEN MORE SHELLING OUT 4 DOLLARS FOR A NACHOS AND CHEESE FOR THEIR GRAPPLERS.

YOU CAN GO TO THE TITANS STADIUM AND PAY LESS FOR FOOD.

THEY ARE RUNNING A RACKET DOWN THERE.

THE UTC WRESTLING CONCESSION STANDS COULD SELL WRESTLER FRIENDLY FOODS (BAGELS, POWERBARS, FRUIT, & ETC) TO "WRESTLERS IN UNIFORM" AT A REDUCED PRICE. IT WOULD BE A WIN/WIN FOR BOTH. THE WRESTLERS WOULD NOT HAVE TO TRY TO FIND SOMETHING GOOD (OR HAVE TO EAT HOTDOGS) AND THE CONCESSION WILL MAKE MORE MONEY.

THE ANIMAL

THE UTC WRESTLING CONCESSION STANDS COULD SELL WRESTLER FRIENDLY FOODS (BAGELS, POWERBARS, FRUIT, & ETC) TO "WRESTLERS IN UNIFORM" AT A REDUCED PRICE. IT WOULD BE A WIN/WIN FOR BOTH. THE WRESTLERS WOULD NOT HAVE TO TRY TO FIND SOMETHING GOOD (OR HAVE TO EAT HOTDOGS) AND THE CONCESSION WILL MAKE MORE MONEY.

THE ANIMAL

YEAH, BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SELL IT AT A "REDUCED PRICE" IN THE FIRST PLACE? THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE PERIOD. REDUCE IT FOR THE WRESTLERS AND RIP THE CROWD IE PARENTS OFF RIGHT?