REGION 6-AAA / DISTRICT 11-AAA

CHS 2007

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a PATHETIC showing by the Cougars. I'm not knocking Hillsboro, but how does CHS not at least show up for that game? I mean, this is probably their best shot at Franklin with this being McLemore's senior season and they just lay a Kentucky Wildcats-esque EGG.

Hillsboro is a really good team--in fact, they beat CHS by 19 earlier in the season. I didn't expect a Cougar victory, but I expected them to play with more pride than that. I'm disappointed...I really thought they had a shot. Thweatt is a fantastic coach, though.

I expect Franklin to win by 8-10 in the district final but I've been wrong before.

What a PATHETIC showing by the Cougars. I'm not knocking Hillsboro, but how does CHS not at least show up for that game? I mean, this is probably their best shot at Franklin with this being McLemore's senior season and they just lay a Kentucky Wildcats-esque EGG.

Hillsboro is a really good team--in fact, they beat CHS by 19 earlier in the season. I didn't expect a Cougar victory, but I expected them to play with more pride than that. I'm disappointed...I really thought they had a shot. Thweatt is a fantastic coach, though.

I expect Franklin to win by 8-10 in the district final but I've been wrong before.

Probably the same way Indy failed to show up against Symrna in the Clinic Bowl......

No Indy was outmatched in that game at almost every position and was not capeable of winning that game unlike the Centennial Hillsboro game in which Centennial was very capeable of winning. BIG Difference!

The way the Indy fans were touting themselves in that game, you would have thought they were gonna knock off the Patriots.

Well "Phillyboy" : harsh words for Mr. Kelly. That doesn't suit metro well for you guys to finish out of whack over there. A Drew Kelly team has a decent shot of beating anybody when you have a D-1 guy on the court. It looks like your Rebels have done well. I will give the credit even though you don't appreciate the good words from a metro backer. Seeing as how those guys are all juniors, that doesn't leave the rest of district 11AAA, OR 12AAA a good feeling when next season comes along. If those young Rebels come in with a 1 seed in the regions, a Maplewood/Franklin matchup will be nasty! I will give props to Jay Johnson and his assistant coaches, they have got an incredible run going. Sorry about the canceled game last week, I should have let you know something "Phillyboy". I didn't mean to upset you. Hillsboro/Franklin should be fun, however, the Rebels have shown NO signs of fading. That Kegarise kid does have a sweet jumper!

Metro Ballin, thank you for the kind words about the Rebels. I do appriciate it you say nice things about them As you can tell, I love those kids, and like I have said in the past, I have no kid on that team. My kids are either out of college or in college. It will be a lot of fun to see how they do in the region tournament, although, tomorrow night is going to be a tough game. Hillsboro is playing very good and Miller tore up the Cougars the other night. It should be a good one.

Except that Indy at least made it to the state title game. A more appropriate comparison would be least year's Indy bball team losing to Overton in the first round.

And CHS, nobody from your school's propaganda team is in a position to comment.

Anyways, somebody tell me more about this kid from Hillsboro who scored 29 last game? Has he been like this all season? Will he pose the Rebels trouble down low?

The way the Indy fans were touting themselves in that game, you would have thought they were gonna knock off the Patriots.

CHS 2007, You really need to stick to basketball comparisons. Centennial does not have a leg to stand on in a football debate or being critical of Indy considering the following: Indy has completed only their 3rd year of Varsity football competition and have beaten CHS the last two years, combined score 68-19. Indy has beaten Franklin twice, a feat that CHS has never done in their 10-plus year history. Indy has also beaten every team in Region 6 at least once which CHS has not done. Lastly, Indy went to the State Finals in their 1st year in the playoffs and CHS has never been past the 2nd round. Enough said, CHS 2007, you often make very insightful posts. However, this just doesn't happen to be one of those occasions. Stick to basketball, that is what this thread is supposed to be about anyway.

Except that Indy at least made it to the state title game. A more appropriate comparison would be least year's Indy bball team losing to Overton in the first round.

And CHS, nobody from your school's propaganda team is in a position to comment.

Anyways, somebody tell me more about this kid from Hillsboro who scored 29 last game? Has he been like this all season? Will he pose the Rebels trouble down low?

Yes, Miller had 31 against the Rebels when we played them at Hillsboro. The majority of his points came off of the offensive boards. If we do not box him, it could be a long night. If we control him and keep him away from the basket, we could win by 15.