REGION 6-AAA / DISTRICT 11-AAA

CHS 2007

Bottom Line: This run Franklin is on and has been on is impressive to anybody who appreciates basketball. Not only do these players and staff members win games, they do it the right way with class and dignity. The kids stay out of trouble in the class rooms, work hard in school, and for the most part do what they are told. They don't get technicals for mouthing off or show boating, they just compete and win together as a team. I believe this is why there are a few of us who follow this program year after year. It's why parents keep coming to the games even though their kids are in college. It's great to be a Franklin Rebel. Kudos to the Franklin family, lets go win another District 11-AAA Championship. And Metro...leave Phillyfan alone, He's a force to be "Reckoned with".

All tournament you ask, I'd say....From Franklin......

Kegarise

Starnes

Glover

Young

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final: Hillsboro 55 Franklin 52

The streak is over. Props to Hillsboro and staff for a big time win. They have improved greatly since day one. Hillsboro hit clutch free throws and made clutch shots all night. They deserve the credit they are about to recieve.

From Franklins' stand point: Three balls went in and out, but that's what happens. Franklin had been flirting with danger, and tonight just was not in the cards. The good thing is we live to play on, and the most important game is Hunters Lane. REGIONS start now, WIN or go home.

I will say congrats to the Rebels for 54 strait, that will never be done again, that talk is over, it's a new season now, and the Rebels will bounce back.

Once again, Hillsboro played great and coach Thweat and his kids came up with a big win for his program.

Well now that the District is finished, it's time to move on the Regionals.

Stratford @ Hillsboro

Centennial @ Maplewood

Hunters Lane @ Franklin

Brentwood @ Antioch

All games start this Saturday at 7.

I'm sure alot of people are picking Antioch out of the field, but we've seen some crazy things happen this year, so you never know.

Give Coach King a week and he is hard to bet against. I bet Brentwood keeps it close.

He is one heck of a coach and I totally agree with you Metroman. I think he just doesn't have enough talent this year to pull it off. Nollner is a pretty good coach himself with a wealth of postseason experience, more than DK even.

I think with the upset in the 11-AAA final all of this spells doom for Franklin in the semi-finals of the region, bad loss at the worst time for them.

What is the deal with Maplewood? I didn't see Wade's name in the boxscore the other night in the 12-AAA finals, is he out?

He is one heck of a coach and I totally agree with you Metroman. I think he just doesn't have enough talent this year to pull it off. Nollner is a pretty good coach himself with a wealth of postseason experience, more than DK even.

I think with the upset in the 11-AAA final all of this spells doom for Franklin in the semi-finals of the region, bad loss at the worst time for them.

What is the deal with Maplewood? I didn't see Wade's name in the boxscore the other night in the 12-AAA finals, is he out?

He probably got shut down, Antioch did it with D the other night, there will be no D11 representation in the substate this year. Antioch and Maplewood in the region finals, and to the state. Its bold but watch what happens.

He probably got shut down, Antioch did it with D the other night, there will be no D11 representation in the substate this year. Antioch and Maplewood in the region finals, and to the state. Its bold but watch what happens.

Thanks, all 12-AAA region final could sure happen. Gotta win the first two first though!