REGION 1 DISTRICT 2AA PRIMA DONNAS

agitator53

Saw the all district team in the KNS today. Does anybody know how the team was selected. I know that for baseball, the coaches used to vote on the tournament team but each individual coach selected the players of his team for the all district team. Just curious.

The coaches meet on the Saturday before the tourney to select the All-District teams. I've sat in on it before when I worked at the Tribune.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough already on this bickering from the south and north ends of the district. Let's get down to what's important - basketball. It isn't about Prima Donnas who dance on the court or down the sideline. It isn't about coaches who think that just because they are from a wealthy county they can act like a Prima Donna. A hug and a handshake just won't get it. It only makes the rest of us wonder just what's going on off the court! Now don't get me wrong - I'm talking about secret meetings and get-togethers the rest of us aren't invited to. Who knows what goes on in those meetings! When one team acts like jerks on the court and then gets mad when they are met outside with resentment and unspeakable gestures - both need to grow up and become a real part of the district. Why can't you guys act like Bulldog fans and show some class. Come on! District Tournament time is here and we need more than a handshake and a hug to get things going for the game. Let's go young men and women in the District! Play hard, play good, and don't act like the Prima Donnas sitting in the coaches chairs. Getting a new school and gym - get your noses out of the air and play ball! Bulldogs bite hard when they bite. I guess we'll have to fire up the old redneck van and make the trip over to Claiborne County or GP or CG wherever the games are going to be played and enjoy the show. Dance on Prima Donnas, dance on.

BORN TO AGITATE AND LOVE IT!

Enough? It had pretty muched stopped until you opened your big mouth. If your going to try to agitate get your facts straight and maybe jump on the fight before its over. Secret meetings? Wonderful bulldog fans? Would that be the same ones that will be watching the rest of the tournament at their gym after losing tonight in the first round. Its basketball. You play hard (everybody's your enemy on court), you win or lose, you shake hands and move on. Again as already stated if your insistent on whinig could I recommend Sweetwater Valley Farms Brand to go with that wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT ROCK OCCASIONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough? It had pretty muched stopped until you opened your big mouth. If your going to try to agitate get your facts straight and maybe jump on the fight before its over. Secret meetings? Wonderful bulldog fans? Would that be the same ones that will be watching the rest of the tournament at their gym after losing tonight in the first round. Its basketball. You play hard (everybody's your enemy on court), you win or lose, you shake hands and move on. Again as already stated if your insistent on whinig could I recommend Sweetwater Valley Farms Brand to go with that wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT ROCK OCCASIONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks EAGLEFAN85! For some reason agitator sort of dropped out for a while and here he is back again. Seems to appear during tournament time every year. Saw him at Claiborne tonight and I'm sure he will be there the rest of the time. If you are looking for him, look for a tall bald guy sitting near the top on the Bulldog section. You can't miss him! Great game tonight between Rutledge and GP. I can't say I like the outcome/final score, but it was a good game. Ignore agitator and he'll go away. Just wants to argue.

Pigeon Forge dominated Cumberland Gap tonight beating them by around 20 points!

So let's see if I understand this. CG beat PF 63-47 then 62-48 then about a week later loses in the opening round of the district tourney. I'd vote for him for coach of the year. So in a weeks time CG went from 1st to home? Is that right? I guess they really love those Sevier Co. teams. GP ends their football season and then PF ends their basketball season. Was CG overlooking PF and forward to the rematch with GP? One would like to say, what goes around comes around but I will refrain from pouring salt in their open wounds. Who won the other boys game, Rutledge or Claiborne?

PS BEARCLAW was there any dancing last night?

So let's see if I understand this. CG beat PF 63-47 then 62-48 then about a week later loses in the opening round of the district tourney. I'd vote for him for coach of the year. So in a weeks time CG went from 1st to home? Is that right? I guess they really love those Sevier Co. teams. GP ends their football season and then PF ends their basketball season. Was CG overlooking PF and forward to the rematch with GP? One would like to say, what goes around comes around but I will refrain from pouring salt in their open wounds. Who won the other boys game, Rutledge or Claiborne?

Pigeon Forge vs Gatlinburg Pittman

Rutledge vs Union

heard that Holzer is out for GP with an ankle injury...

Pigeon Forge vs Gatlinburg Pittman

Rutledge vs Union

heard that Holzer is out for GP with an ankle injury...

Haven't heard but GP played without him earlier this year and won. So GP, PF,Rutledge, and Union left. No one from Claiborne County but we get to drive to Claiborne County 2 years in a row. Makes a lot of sense.

Well.......CARLTON, I didn't see any dancing. Rutledge defeated Claiborne in a FANTASTIC game. They meet Union County and the GREAT Coach Jesse around the big Bulldog tonight. You can bet it will be a good game. Both teams come to the "Bulldog" with what it takes to win. It will depend on how many times the ball falls through the orange hoop. Rebounding will be a biggie as will the treys. All the makin's of a good game. Coach K of Rutledge will have his gameplan and strategy well set before the Pioneers arrive at the gym. He was able to lead them to victory last year, so fingers are crossed for a repeat! By the way, if EAGLEFAN is listening, the road over was MUCH better last night. No need for pitstops along the way this trip! See you there tonight!

deewhite - you got the scores right, but let me assure you we don't care a thing for those sevier co. teams. either one of them. there was a lot more going on that you are reporting. go ahead and pour all the salt you want. everybody has a lucky night ever now and then, and you had yours last night. don't expect a lot more. the old rusty van WILL make the trip to the dog house tonight, so come on out and look me up. you and that stupid bearclaw need to come on over and sit with me across the gym. the smell is better over here anyway. as far as bearclaw goes, the patriots will put on a real good clinic for the pioneers tonight so get ready. we'll wait until next year to settle the scores on the football field and in the gym. south of the clinch makes me want to throw up.

Third time is a charm for the Pioneers...they win over Union County.

Looks like there will be one more game at the old RHS gym after all. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Right you are KevB! What a game. The Patriots gave it a run for the money, but once again this year the Pioneers have made a fun for the money! They may not have won the regular season, but either way it goes Tuesday night they've pulled another one! The Pioneer spirit just won't die. It keeps bringing the Pioneers back home to Rutledge. Should tell folks something, we need to be the Pioneers and not the Grizzlies. Since noone is coming over, we don't need a name change! But, what's done is done. They may take the name, but the spirit will live on! Good game Patriots! Class act Coach Jesse! WAY TO GO PIONEERS! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />