REGION 1 DISTRICT 2AA PRIMA DONNAS

agitator53

KevB, what you've said is an understatement! North doesn't have a clue what lies ahead of them- on and off the court. All this foolishness about fence fans, unruly parents, and everything else all those above have grumbled about can't compare what awaits North Saturday night! I've watched student sections harass visitors everywhere in the district. None can compare with the Rutledge Rowdies. I had an official tell me he looks forward to coming to Rutledge because of the atmosphere created by the Rowdies. Do student sections harassing officials and opposing teams affect the game? Ask anyone in the district. Union County, Claiborne County, Cumberland Gap, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and everyone else has an active student section that knows how to get involved. Throw North into that inside the Rutledge gym - and it WILL be packed - and you've got the makings of an interesting game. Hope to see all there Saturday night!

There's nothing wrong with having a great backing students or parents , just as long as its clean , no throwing objects ,cussing and threatening kids , we'll be making the trip down , we're coming to have a good time win or lose , should be a good game , are we going to be able to get a seat ? never been to the big R for a basketball game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are crazy if you dont think Union County has a great chance to win this game. They are winners of 11 of their last 12 games. If they can get Johnson County in the fast paced game they love to play they will have a great chance. The biggest opponent they will have is the long trip into the mountains. I dont think there is any doubt Rutledge ends the final chapter of basketball in that gym with a win. They just seem to get in done in the tourney. Meanwhile, Pigeon Forge has been playing alot better of late and definitely has a chance at home. As for GP, without Holzer plus the long trip, they have a severe uphill battle to advance.

just making a comment. from your response, you must be one of the unicoi fence sitters. why not let the kids play it out on the floor/field. been beat up there and HAVE won on court and field as well. from your repsonse, I rest my case. thank you for proving my, and eveybody else's point as well. sometimes it better to be quited than to remove all doubt!

To answer your response I dont sit at the fence I'm with the crowd sitting in the bleachers cheering on my team... I do let the kids play it out on floor or field... And if you want to get on here and bash Unicoi that's fine shows how much classLESS you are as well....

To answer your response I dont sit at the fence I'm with the crowd sitting in the bleachers cheering on my team... I do let the kids play it out on floor or field... And if you want to get on here and bash Unicoi that's fine shows how much classLESS you are as well....

actions speak louder than words. unicoi co. adults throwing water on KIDS and cussing KIDS out.....enough said. CLASSLESS.

It's a shame we can't just talk basketball on here. I could care less about the stands. I guess for some teams it's easier to watch the ruckus outside of the lines than what's actually happening on the hardwood. Unicoi's basketball team is a pleasure to watch and the kids wearing the uniforms are as good as you'll find in any community in the country.

VOLFAN01, you have a major grudge against the parents of the girl's basketball team; they were sitting behind your all's student section. And it sounds like you have a strong reason to be; I wasn't in your seat and I've heard many faithful Blue Devil fans comment on how embarrassed they were by the actions of a few adult fans. I work really hard not to judge a community based on the actions of a few or some, but I expect the same in return.

I have a lot of respect for Sullivan North based on the actions of their players and coaches. Can you not say the same about the Blue Devil program? Especially since we are heading into a tournament where we should be pulling for each other (shows the strength of our district, etc.).

Go Devils!

It's a shame we can't just talk basketball on here. I could care less about the stands. I guess for some teams it's easier to watch the ruckus outside of the lines than what's actually happening on the hardwood. Unicoi's basketball team is a pleasure to watch and the kids wearing the uniforms are as good as you'll find in any community in the country.

VOLFAN01, you have a major grudge against the parents of the girl's basketball team; they were sitting behind your all's student section. And it sounds like you have a strong reason to be; I wasn't in your seat and I've heard many faithful Blue Devil fans comment on how embarrassed they were by the actions of a few adult fans. I work really hard not to judge a community based on the actions of a few or some, but I expect the same in return.

I have a lot of respect for Sullivan North based on the actions of their players and coaches. Can you not say the same about the Blue Devil program? Especially since we are heading into a tournament where we should be pulling for each other (shows the strength of our district, etc.).

Go Devils!

the uc boys do play hard and they carry themselves well on floor.....coach english class act.....fans travel well.......there are some of them (students and adults) that need to clean up their act and treat people around them with respect....and they know who they are....its ashame that parents and teachers had to go down into the student section to be with the kids because of how the uc fans were acting......i think when fans go to the games everyone should be able to have a good time...maybe get a little crazy....but keep it clean......and yes i do hope our district does well......but i`m asking each and everyone to try and represent it well.

the uc boys do play hard and they carry themselves well on floor.....coach english class act.....fans travel well.......there are some of them (students and adults) that need to clean up their act and treat people around them with respect....and they know who they are....its ashame that parents and teachers had to go down into the student section to be with the kids because of how the uc fans were acting......i think when fans go to the games everyone should be able to have a good time...maybe get a little crazy....but keep it clean......and yes i do hope our district does well......but i`m asking each and everyone to try and represent it well.

I agree 100%! Now go show Rutlege how we play on this side of the region! No doubt in my mind that you all can knock them out. How's the PG doing, Volfan?

I agree 100%! Now go show Rutlege how we play on this side of the region! No doubt in my mind that you all can knock them out. How's the PG doing, Volfan?

Hustle Man, Bring it on! Rutledge is ready and waiting. The Pioneers can take the knocks, and can hand them out as well. Hope you enjoy the "atmosphere". It will be different to what "North" is used to. Better get there early if you want to sit down! It will be a good game, no matter what! By the way, we play the game one bounce-one shot at a time. What do you guys do?

bluedevilcraze,

As a Cyclone fan, I must give you guys your dues!

Your girls play just like ours, hard and fast!

Your fans and ours show up,get vocal and sometimes out of hand,just like ours!

But they can't ever say we don't support our kids.Your boys and girls palyed very well throughout the tournament and I wish you the best.I was talking to some of your parents and I think we could face each other again on the girls side! Im so proud of both our teams, our boys were never given a chance at Doak or against North but they battled and won and now we go down and face Pigeon Forge, a game we are capable of winning if we play the way we have been playing.

I just want to clear the air and wish you guys teh very best!

As a proud member of the "classless" unicoi county student section I would just like to say that we only go to support our team and friends.. and im sorry the other teams cant handle our loud, funny, and original comments... our parents do sometimes get out of hand but hey its basketball, so everybody needs to quit crying like a bunch of teenage girls and be ready to play come regionals, good luck to everyone, and GO DEVILS!!