10A Tournament

NCSfan22

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The region is at Hillwood after the first round since it is 10-A turn to host. Last year it was at Eagleville and two years ago it was at Clarksville Academy.

If not mistaken White House Heritage is in 10-A and they beat Community twice this year also. Cascade and Forrest split during the regular season so we wait to see who gets NCS.

Communityhero are you saying your team wasn't very good since you lost to Cascade twice.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, WHH beat Community twice this year and since neither team made it to region I did not include their records.

The records for all of 9A vs 10A

9A went 2-10 vs 10A, therefore 10A went 10-2 vs 9A....I will point out that 9A reg. season champs DID NOT play a D10A team, NEITHER did 10A's #2 and #4 teams ER and CA.

In my opinion Community was one of the most improved teams in D-9 this year. They had a few problems they were working through on offense. I don't believe you can see a team for what they are matched up with just one team, you have to take the overall picture. I am glad they got put out early because they had games that they could beat you. As far as D-9 vs D-10 goes VB hasn't played any D-10 teams as already stated, so no measuring stick on them. I hope that we compete and represent our District with pride no matter win or loose. Good luck in the tournaments. Who ever plays VB on the Mountain enjoy the ride you will get their eventually. Just be careful on them winding mountains and enjoy the view.

Well since 9A doesn't seem to want to tell a 10A fan anything at all, so I can know what to expect from the matchups. Let's just settle this and say that I and hopefully others are looking forward to a EXCELLENT region 5A tournament. Once the region 5A tournament is over NO MATTER who makes it to sub-state....I hope region 5A gets at least one team to state.

What do you want to know about the teams of D-9? I don't think anything is a secret. You can get most information on the Tennessean website. If you want to know the style of play I can't inform you of that because they switch up so much. I have seen full court traps, half court traps, zones, man up, up tempo, half court sets. If we had played teams in comparison in your district I would tell you VB plays their style. I will tell you they are a good team and tough to beat if they are hitting their shots. Eagleville is the same way if they are on their game they are tuff and they are even bigger than us. Cascade and Forrest plays hard and that is what keeps them in most ballgames. Sounds kinda like D-10 doesn't it? It is no different if D-10 isn't executing they are in trouble and the same for D-9. I guess some thinks anything given out is a weakness but I don't mind it myself, I believe in saying this is what I have come and stop me. I do think we will see some good games in the Regions but it could be D-10 4-0 or vice versa. It gets me that some just rules out others when anything can happen on the hardwood. Oh yeah! You must throw in the refs. they can change how a team does. Good luck to all teams competing the Regions.

probability of how the first round will go for D10A...

going

4-0....%12

3-1....%28

2-2....%55

1-3....%12

0-4....%3

I say this because the all four teams in 10A are pretty tough... the top two teams in 9A are pretty tough, the bottom two fall of compared to 10A... Don't get mad, this is the truth...

Ok, just one guy's opinion, but you did ask:

VB- A very good chance of beating their D10 opponent, they can play with anyone. Solid D, you can beat the guards of the dribble, but that just runs youn into Smith in the paint, which is tough as it gets. A good dish done quickly can work. One on one shooters can break loose for good looks. They can score: Smith will get his points, but if you keep him down in the teens you are in good shape. Baker will burn you if you let him drive or shoot without someone on (and I mean on) his shooting hand. If you keep these two down they can be beat. If not its a long night.

Eaglville- A very good chance of beating their D10 opponent, they can play with anyone. Trapping D, collapsing zones, vulnerable to a disciplined offense especially one that brings the ball up quick and can penetrate. They contest every rebound at both ends. The offense is relentless, they transition well off their trap and off rebounds and get alot of folks downcourt quickly. Their post play is inconsistent, but when it is on they are very tough to handle. They have good perimeter shooting from 3 players and Porter can drive with skill.

Forrest- On the right night against the right opponent sure, but not likely. They have been running the same few traps for a long time and are very good at it. If your forwards can't shake loose, catch a tough pass and get the ball back to a guard in the forecourt they will give you fits; you can't break it consistently with your guards alone. Disciplined in the half court (and very good at closing down on a post that puts the ball on the floor) but vulnerable there. Schnapp is to them as Baker is to VB, but they do have a few others that can hurt you if you leave them open.

Cascade- On the right night against the right opponent sure, but not likely. Mostly a halfcourt team both ways. Lots of experience. Good zone D. They are very physical with lots of incidental contact and they go hard on every play. That can disrupt you on both ends and get in your head. Carcuff can be a real handful on O, and they run alot of screens to shake him loose, and feed the post or cutters if you overreact to him. Their ball handling is vulnerable to traps. A fast paced offense and good drives rocks them back a bit, but they won't give you anything. They are good at second and third tries off the O boards.

Best wishes to all.