7A, & 7AA

devilish

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannon was so lucky again gotta hand it to them

hadn't hit three any (or just one or two) all night -- then they get one to tie

one girl threw up a wild backwards lay up to tie it -- even a pro should not have hit that one

freshman caroline owen for schs bagged two free throws to tie it up

before the girl hit the wild lay up -schs had a couple of last second looks , but luck would not be on their side - kayci came back with mere 2 minutes to go, but damage was already done

i have known about kayci for years - i have never, ever heard about her having an asthma problem

it was an extreme shock to her fans - she's played 29 other games this year with no asthma problems - sad way to loose

it was a great misfortune for schs seniors to end the season that way

caroline was the star for schs ---- 27 points !!!!!!!!!!!! including those two free throws to TIE the game, good under pressure for the freshman

Cannon lucky????????? I don't think so.... Those girls played hard to get back in the game. All I know is that they played Smith Co. 3 times & beat them 3 times. The 1st time Smith Co complained that Ferris shouldn't have fouled out... 2nd time played at Smith Ferris couldn't do no wrong..even when she threw cannon's post player to the floor...Then there Friday night Ferris couldn't play for much of the 2nd half & I hate that she was sick or whatever she was....But that's part of the game.....Let's give Cannon's girls some credit for their never give up attitude...In all 3 games Cannon had to come from behind...

I agree Cannon did fight back in each game after being behind. They could have easily given up, but didn't. "Luck" doesn't happen three times over.

The "one girl" --Emily Sissom --is also a freshman and stepped up big to score at least 20 points in the second half. She did about the same thing at Smith too. Seniors Brandon and Adams also didn't want it to be their last game either. Brandon nailed a crucial 3 and Adams contributed throughout the game.

Smith has sent Cannon home the last couple of years and the team was determined to make it to the region this year.

Congratulations Cannon-- with the young team that you have, this is only the beginning.

I have only seen Cannon play a couple times this year, but I have to say that they do some things very well. One of them is that they set some very good screens, and their kids know how to run the defender into the screen. Sounds kind of simple but I have seen MILLIONS of screens go wasted just because the offensive player could not run their defender into them. Cannon does this very well. That is good coaching.