how will INDY ( Independence ) look next year

overseascoach

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

D,

I agree with you here. Nick was given the opportunity to be the starting QB and for whatever reason it didn't work out. I would venture to guess he will be given the same opportunity this spring. If he is the better choice based on his practice and play then he will be the QB. If not then it will be Alex or someone esle. Coaches love it when there is good competition at positions. Having a run threat at QB is a huge advantage when running from the spread. That will be even more of an advantage this year without Pettigrew and Consiglio to had off to. Bailey showed signs he can play. The key is the addition of another good back. In my opinion Meeker had better step up and prove he is the player he is capable of being starting with off season workouts.

The next key will be the retooling of the offensive line that graduated all but 1 (Thomas Berry). While it took last year's line some time to gel, they turned out to be a pretty good group. Some younger guys will get the opportunity to show what they have. I will not say this will be a down year for Indy, but returning to the final game will be difficult, as it is for every team. The coaching staff has another year of experience and that will help.

That's a good 'guess' to venture about the QB situation, but I wouldn't count on it. It may appear that there is 'opportunity' being given, but I believe it is already a done deal at that spot. I 'guess' it has to do with an amazing ability to walk on water or something else I must have missed.

That's a good 'guess' to venture about the QB situation, but I wouldn't count on it. It may appear that there is 'opportunity' being given, but I believe it is already a done deal at that spot. I 'guess' it has to do with an amazing ability to walk on water or something else I must have missed.

HOLY COW....the Heckman kid can walk on water too?

You can't beat that! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Sounds like someone with the inside scoop, or someones agent. Get over it. I guarantee (not venturing a guess this time) that the qb that best gives the the team chance to win will play. There are 21 other spots on the field not just the qb. Let's talk about them then.

Nobody ever got playing time based on a discussion on a forum.

What is your deal withthe QB at Indy. THat Sophomore had an unbeliveable year. As someone mentioned on an earlier thread That is the one position probably not up in the air at Indy.

Who replaces Consiglio on the Defense side of the ball?

Sounds like someone with the inside scoop, or someones agent. Get over it. I guarantee (not venturing a guess this time) that the qb that best gives the the team chance to win will play. There are 21 other spots on the field not just the qb. Let's talk about them then.

Nobody ever got playing time based on a discussion on a forum.

Not an 'inside' person, or an 'agent'. Simpley an observer who also believes that if Cordelle would have stayed one step ahead of the law he would have played all year, regardless of his abysmal performance in the spring or any other time. That seems to be the way things are 'preordained' at Indy. And yes there are 'other' spots that maybe some kids should get a look at(Shepperd at wide-out comes to mind), but don't hold your breath on these either.

Not an 'inside' person, or an 'agent'. Simpley an observer who also believes that if Cordelle would have stayed one step ahead of the law he would have played all year, regardless of his abysmal performance in the spring or any other time. That seems to be the way things are 'preordained' at Indy. And yes there are 'other' spots that maybe some kids should get a look at(Shepperd at wide-out comes to mind), but don't hold your breath on these either.

Funny thing is I bet you are right in the fact that there are "preordained" things at Indy. It seems Gilligan left some of his principles behind over there after all.

Ahhh, another who is not blinded by the light! Interesting, n'est pas?

Let me give you a bit of advice that you won't take. Let it go. Whining about it on a forum will do nothing to changed the situation. Coaches play the player that best give the team a chance to win in their mind. They don't always make the right decision, but in this case the right decision was made. No way does this team go 11-4 without Heckman at QB. The sooner you and sleeper realize that you are just about the only 2 people on earth that don't see it. the better off you, the players, fans and coaches will be. It seems to me that you keep dredging this up to maybe undermine what the coaches are doing. Guess what? What someone posts on a forum has no affect on coaching decisions. NONE. If you have a gripe, meet with the coaches. I doubt that will happen because you can't hide behind a screen name that way. And before you say the same about me, if you have been posting or reading here for any length of time I have said who I was before. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and give it up. Also you lose credibility in a football forum when you use a French phrase. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Funny thing is I bet you are right in the fact that there are "preordained" things at Indy. It seems Gilligan left some of his principles behind over there after all.

Aren't you a Centennial fan? You have no idea what you are talking about. Smith is gone and he took whatever principles he had with him. Sure some of the coaches were there under him, but this is Eubanks' team and his principles run the team. It is hard to believe that the team goes 11-4 and there are a couple of people that still want to invent some dirt to spread around. Like I told HS, give it up and move on.

Let me give you a bit of advice that you won't take. Let it go. Whining about it on a forum will do nothing to changed the situation. Coaches play the player that best give the team a chance to win in their mind. They don't always make the right decision, but in this case the right decision was made. No way does this team go 11-4 without Heckman at QB. The sooner you and sleeper realize that you are just about the only 2 people on earth that don't see it. the better off you, the players, fans and coaches will be. It seems to me that you keep dredging this up to maybe undermine what the coaches are doing. Guess what? What someone posts on a forum has no affect on coaching decisions. NONE. If you have a gripe, meet with the coaches. I doubt that will happen because you can't hide behind a screen name that way. And before you say the same about me, if you have been posting or reading here for any length of time I have said who I was before. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and give it up. Also you lose credibility in a football forum when you use a French phrase. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Sorry, I'm new to this whole 'posting' thing and didn't realize that you were the keeper of the rules. Well, at least you recognized the language! Maybe that's why you run things here, eh? Opps, that's Canadian, isn't it? Can we still have credibility using a Canadaian expression? I thought a 'forum' was simply about expressing your opinion. I didn't know it was to try and 'influence' coachs, etc. Wow! What power! So much to learn, so little time. Please, oh wonderous keeper of the rules, 'post' a copy of what we can and can not say so we can all jump on this bandwagon and not upset anyone. It would be very enlightning and appreciated.