how will INDY ( Independence ) look next year

overseascoach

I was there. It angers me beyond belief that a program with the talent that WC has to play with is as CLASSLESS as they are. I thought for sure I would go and see two teams that excelled in 2007 play football, and I get there and see what football is not about, as displayed in the character, or lack thereof in that WC group. I cannot say that all of the WC players acted like thugs (Hats off to those guys that do play with class), but those guys that did sure leave a lasting image and opinion of the WC program. Good luck to the "class" of WC in 2008!

Was nice to see IHS handle the classless acts reasonably well, which translates to a "win" in my book.

As for the scrimmage, I thought both defenses were way ahead of the offesnses, which is to be expected in spring camp. The WC D is a darn good defense. The WC O seems to be down from last year. The IHS D looked solid. The IHS O was out of sync for sure. It appears losing 9 of 11 off that 2007 offense is a big loss and will take time to get it going. Believe the final count for the first teams was WC 4 - IHS 1.

The B team scrimmage went to IHS. I believe there was only one score in their outing. IHS 1 - WC 0. I thought the IHS backups were further ahead than the WC B team.

Hey, at least there wasn't a sideline-clearing brawl, right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are only seeing one side of the coin. Dub-C wasn't CLASSLESS as you said. It takes 2 to tango and players from both sides were mouthing. And atleast Dub-C's coaches weren't talking smack to ya'lls players like ya'lls little short DC was to any Wildcat close to him. He talked more smack to the Wildcat players than any player from either team talked all night. We ain't CLASSLESS sir. We're just a little too salty at times. Good job Friday night Indy. Ya'll look like you will have another great year. Good luck to you guys.

You are only seeing one side of the coin. Dub-C wasn't CLASSLESS as you said. It takes 2 to tango and players from both sides were mouthing. And atleast Dub-C's coaches weren't talking smack to ya'lls players like ya'lls little short DC was to any Wildcat close to him. He talked more smack to the Wildcat players than any player from either team talked all night. We ain't CLASSLESS sir. We're just a little too salty at times. Good job Friday night Indy. Ya'll look like you will have another great year. Good luck to you guys.

If WC was anything like they were last season, then they aren't classless. They are a team that plays with an edge. Sure, they might talk a little trash but I think so frequently people label that as classless behavior and that's a mistake. WC had an attitude and a swagger when they came to Indy last season. Some called it a lack of class, I recognized that they were very talented and that their attitude, particularly on defense, would take them far.

Sorry WC if posters misidentified you as classless. You guys are a very good program and are poised to have another solid season. Best of luck this fall.

If WC was anything like they were last season, then they aren't classless. They are a team that plays with an edge. Sure, they might talk a little trash but I think so frequently people label that as classless behavior and that's a mistake. WC had an attitude and a swagger when they came to Indy last season. Some called it a lack of class, I recognized that they were very talented and that their attitude, particularly on defense, would take them far.

Sorry WC if posters misidentified you as classless. You guys are a very good program and are poised to have another solid season. Best of luck this fall.

Rest assured that with the coaches in place at WC, anything less than class will not be tolerated. I do know of a late hit on the Indy QB Fri. night and Coach Aric stepped in and threw the guy out and I don't think he ever returned.

It will be an interesting year, everybody seems to be in the running.

Not sure if they were anything like last year or not, but I know classless when I see it. I saw the "Edge" you were talking about in them, but I also saw cheap shots, late hits, punches and taunting on that field. Anyone can go and see trash talking on any high school field, this was more than trash talking. I totally agree with you, they have talent and play with an edge, just too bad they have use the wrong "edge" sometimes, too many times in one scrimmage anyway. I love high school football and love to see area teams do well. WC has potential to do well, if their players can play with more control and discipline.

How did the two quarterbacks (Smith and Heckman) look? Did Heckman get any reps at running back?

The Smith kid played with the 2nd team and seemed to do ok. Heckman did not have a great day, but neither did the offense in general. He did throw a nice deep ball to the Shepeard kid for the only varsity td. Heckman did not play rb, not sure why he would, even though he did run or attempt to run some from the qb position.

Not sure if they were anything like last year or not, but I know classless when I see it. I saw the "Edge" you were talking about in them, but I also saw cheap shots, late hits, punches and taunting on that field. Anyone can go and see trash talking on any high school field, this was more than trash talking. I totally agree with you, they have talent and play with an edge, just too bad they have use the wrong "edge" sometimes, too many times in one scrimmage anyway. I love high school football and love to see area teams do well. WC has potential to do well, if their players can play with more control and discipline.

I don't think you are looking at this both ways. Alot of the "punches" you are talking about were just hitting back after they were hit 1st. I am in no way nor fashion condoning "Dirty Play" but I'm just asking you to look at BOTH sides of it. It seems to me like WC was suppose to roll over because the "state runner ups "were coming to town, and it just didn"t happen.

Like I said in an earlier post, dirty play will NOT be tolerated and rest assured those involved will have a little "extra" practice today, I wonder if those angels fron Indy will?

Good luck next fall!!!!

Maybe you can't read since you only see things one way. So here it is again!