Dyer County vs. Dyersburg ROUND THREEE

TribeRunEr

Thing is DC DOESN'T LET pressure off anyone!! They keep it going all 4! There isn't much slack to be had with their defense. EVERYONE plays DC hard. Always good when the schools can excel.

The meaning of my post was that the Trojan squad needs to keep the pressure off of Vic. By that I mean that Logan Parker and Brandon Hill need to have good games. DC is good, in fact, very good, but you're wrong . . . they HAVN'T let pressure off of anyone . . . their road looks bright, but there are good teams to be played. I hope the team isn't as arrogant as you are, because their road could end in the region or sub-state if they are.

As always . . . good luck to both teams, but as for tommorrow . . . one word . . . MIRACLE.

That's what I'm hoping for. Can Dyersburg "Shock the World"? Doubtful, but possible.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meaning of my post was that the Trojan squad needs to keep the pressure off of Vic. By that I mean that Logan Parker and Brandon Hill need to have good games. DC is good, in fact, very good, but you're wrong . . . they HAVN'T let pressure off of anyone . . . their road looks bright, but there are good teams to be played. I hope the team isn't as arrogant as you are, because their road could end in the region or sub-state if they are.

As always . . . good luck to both teams, but as for tommorrow . . . one word . . . MIRACLE.

That's what I'm hoping for. Can Dyersburg "Shock the World"? Doubtful, but possible.

Shock I am , looking at the tournament guide Dyersburg has 11 Sr. on the team looks like nothing coming back wonder whats up.

No, my post wasn't arrogant!!! ARROGANT would be if I said....DC will win hands down....or, DC is the best in the world. I said nothing like that...what I stated WAS A FACT. It is the type of ball they play. I'm sorry you read my post as arrogant. Wasn't meant to be ..would've made this statement regarding ANY team they play.FACT is D'burg brings it more playing DC. FACT is DC brings it playing EVERY GAME. I would never venture to predict a winner in this game...anything could happen. Hope it is a good clean game with consistant refs....that always factors in.

I'm going to the game tonight. I'm from Jackson but I want to see this rivalry for myself. I have seen DC but not Dburg this season ( seen both last season) . I did read in the latest edition of OTB magazine that the Dburg coach likes for his starters and bench players to use all 5 fouls (this was his comments). He called it agressive defense. I found his comments interesting. Dburg must play a rough and ugly style of basketball. Has anyone else read the latest edition of OTB. I'm not calling them dirty because I haven't seen them i'm just saying his comments were rahter intersting to me.

I'm going to the game tonight. I'm from Jackson but I want to see this rivalry for myself. I have seen DC but not Dburg this season ( seen both last season) . I did read in the latest edition of OTB magazine that the Dburg coach likes for his starters and bench players to use all 5 fouls (this was his comments). He called it agressive defense. I found his comments interesting. Dburg must play a rough and ugly style of basketball. Has anyone else read the latest edition of OTB. I'm not calling them dirty because I haven't seen them i'm just saying his comments were rahter intersting to me.

I think Coach Real wants to take advantage that he has 11 seniors, by playing them all and in turn, playing them aggressivly. As for "rough and ugly" style of basketball, I have either seen DC play or listened to their games on the radio a combined 4 times all year, and in two of them, DC had technical fowls. One of them was a thrown punch. Alexander had a T against Westview, and DC won by 30 something, why is there any reason to be getting a Tech when your team is winning by 30+??? As for Dyersburg I have either been to or listened to at-least 10 games, and I havn't seen or heard of a Tech. or an intentional fowl being called against Dyersburg. So, yes, Dyersburg plays aggressive defense, and fowls alot, but no Technical fowls that I am aware of.

Now, now . . . I know you don't want to expose the violent character of one of your players, but what about Alexander in Milan against Westview?

That WAS UNNECESSARY...Would you say that to his face??? Or better yet his parents face?????...Just what I thought...easy to hide behind a screen /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Or better yet..play one on one w/him /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The game should be a classic just as the other two have been. Sure the Choctaws won them both, one by 14 the other by 13, and I have to be honest when I say Dyer County is about 13 or 14 points better than Dyersburg. No knock on the Trojans, just stating a fact. With the new poll set to be released tomorrow, the Choctaws should move into the top spot due to Booker T. Washington losing to Mitchell last week, and there is nothing Dyersburg would like more than to knock off perhaps the best team in the state for a district title. Again, if the game is played in the 50's or 60's the Trojans will be right there, anything higher and the Choctaws will go to region play as the No.1 seed from District 13.

Don't mean to butt in so to speak but Alexander has been injured all season long and hasn't spent a minute on the floor.

Well radio announcers must have made a mistake, becuase either 97.7 or A.M. 1450 (don't remember which) clearly said that Jake Alexander for Dyer County was charged with a Technical fowl. Westview shot two shots and got possession of the ball. Either 97.7 had the wrong roster or can't read, or Mr. Maxey and Robert Couples made a big mistake.