Region 3A

WCAballa11

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

csas and grace...csas will have to have their 3 point game on to beat grace in the final.

I don't think so. CSAS scores in many ways. The Grace, CSAS match-up is most interesting because it pits the size of Grace against the speed and depth of CSAS. Temple against either of these teams will be interesting only because Temple (Sexton) has something to prove.

This is a tad off-topic, but does anyone know what happened to Silverdale #10 Sat. night? He seemed to have hurt his foot or ankle pretty painfully in the last quarter of the Silverdale/Grace game. Will he be playing next week?

Brett Lowery (#10) suffered a severe ankle sprang. I've heard he will try and be back for Regions, and I've also heard he is out for the season. Tragic, either way. Great kid.

dang that stinks.

great ball player.

hope its nothing serious.

what does everyone think about temple vs grace tuesday?

It will be exciting. Someone mentioned the depth of CSAS. I think depth is one of Grace's strengths--if I understand how you're using it. Grace has a very strong bench. That's something Temple lacks.

It will be exciting. Someone mentioned the depth of CSAS. I think depth is one of Grace's strengths--if I understand how you're using it. Grace has a very strong bench. That's something Temple lacks.

I was at the Silverdale-Grace game. I want to say sorry to number 10 and to counsel him NOT to rush back IF he isnt 100 percent, as you can risk a chronic injury with a sprain apparently that severe. The game was interesting in that Silverdale seemed to start with a very good game plan but that Grace started off by hitting all of their 3's. Although Silverdale was fighting hard the score was getting away from them early. As Far as Grace is concerned, I was not impressed with their guard as he continually tried to dribble through double teams and did not pass it inside where Grace has a distinct height advantage. The twin towers got their points off of fast breaks or offensive rebounds. As Grace goes further into the playoffs, they have to have the outside-inside-outside game established. This is obvious to everyone. If Grace falls in the playoffs, this will be the a major reason. CSAS in my mind has made an error in scheduling the weakest teams for the last two weeks of the season as it doesnt give them a chance to play HARD to prepare for the playoffs. They have the speed and energy to beat anyone on any given night however. I also saw the Temple-21century game. Temple did not play particularly well. If they play like that against Grace, I dont think they have much of a chance. Especially if the Grace guards play TEAM ball. Silverdale-21 century now favors 21st century due to injuries to Silverdale. What does everyone think?

2 years ago Temple entered the district tournament having already been beaten by a better Grace team 3 times that season. They ended up beating Grace to win the championship. Although I think there is more separtaion between Grace and Temple this year than there was 2 years ago, I still think Temple can pull the upset again. My keys to the game are for Temple to limit the offensive put-backs of the twin towers, for James Kemp to shoot the ball well, and for Jarrod Johnson to be involved offensively and stay out of foul trouble. Come to think about it there are about 10 other things Temple has to do well to win this game, but those were my top 3.

Go Crusaders!

The game was interesting in that Silverdale seemed to start with a very good game plan but that Grace started off by hitting all of their 3's.

I really liked silverdale's gameplan also.

they attacked shaughnessy and mcmasters and werent afraid to take it at them.

sure they would block their shots sometimes but they also got some point taking it at them. if you can attack them efficiently then you can get them in foul trouble. temple got them in foul trouble when grace played at temple they just weren't able to finish. very smart gameplan but grace just wouldnt miss.

I really liked silverdale's gameplan also.

they attacked shaughnessy and mcmasters and werent afraid to take it at them.

sure they would block their shots sometimes but they also got some point taking it at them. if you can attack them efficiently then you can get them in foul trouble. temple got them in foul trouble when grace played at temple they just weren't able to finish. very smart gameplan but grace just wouldnt miss.

My two cents worth:

Region semifinals:

Grace- 21st Century and CSAS-Temple.

I think the probable region championship has to be Grace playing CSAS. I think Grace has the best overall talent in the region, but I think CSAS is the most athletic team in the region (and probably best coached).

I will pick Grace to win it all, but it really is a toss up. I could see either team winning it. I also could see Temple beating CSAS, and/or Temple beating Grace in the District finals. It will be interesting to see how everything pans out.