Region 3A

WCAballa11

well, the region 3a tournament is set. here are your first round match ups.

1.) 21st Century @ CSAS

2.) Lookout Valley @ Temple

3.) Silverdale @ South Pittsburg

4.) Whitwell @ Grace

then...

the winner of game one will play the winner of game four.

the winner of game two will play the winner of game three.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you have a 6'8'' and 6'10'' kid and lose to anyone in Chattanooga? That is unbelievable. They just lost to Temple, who should have lost to 21st Century. Grace is playing well... Grace is peaking at the right time!? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> THey have lost to Temple and East Ridge in the last week, not exactly playing their best ball if you ask me. CSAS will put them out of their misery on Tuesday. The Golden Eagles will be even more out of sink if they let someone play extended minutes who these guys are not used to playing with. Grace does not score enough to beat CSAS. They only scored 54 points against an unathletic Temple team who played man the whole game! Get outta here! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

How do you have a 6'8'' and 6'10'' kid and lose to anyone in Chattanooga? That is unbelievable. They just lost to Temple, who should have lost to 21st Century. Grace is playing well... Grace is peaking at the right time!? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> THey have lost to Temple and East Ridge in the last week, not exactly playing their best ball if you ask me. CSAS will put them out of their misery on Tuesday. The Golden Eagles will be even more out of sink if they let someone play extended minutes who these guys are not used to playing with. Grace does not score enough to beat CSAS. They only scored 54 points against an unathletic Temple team who played man the whole game! Get outta here! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I'd like to know how CSAS (A self-proclaimed lock to make it to state) only beats South Pittsburg (A team that lost to David Brained) by 14 points? You CSAS people may not want to be too cocky going into region. There are 3 teams from the good district in the region that can beat you.

Congrats to Brian Ball for getting MVP. Maybe your critics will shut up now.

I'd like to know how CSAS (A self-proclaimed lock to make it to state) only beats South Pittsburg (A team that lost to David Brained) by 14 points? You CSAS people may not want to be too cocky going into region. There are 3 teams from the good district in the region that can beat you.

South Pitt played for the first time all year with all of their players last Tuesday at CSAS. So they never played with everyone against anyone in 5A. They are tough when they are allowed to play physical, and they were last night. They are big and long, and with Witherspoon they are much better. CSAS only made one three pointer and won by 14. Championship games are tough, just ask Grace... so I would think it was a pretty good win. It is all about surviving and advancing fron this point on, no style points count. Last year was Temple's year... This year it is CSAS's turn.

I wouldnt count Grace out just quite yet. However, they have a lot of soul searching to do. The first half last night was the worst i have seen Grace play in a long time. Only 3 people from Grace scored in the first half as compared to 5 or 6 for the Crusaders. Someone who has got to step up and pass the ball more is Brandon Herman, sure he had his 33 points, but it didn't help his team out in the end. He also should have taken the lay up instead of trying to dunk with about 2 minutes left in the game. It would have put Grace up 1 who had momentum going at the time. Patrick Shaunassay (sp?) also didn't get enough touches inside last night. Free throw shooting was key too. That hurt Grace at the end. I hope this wakes up the Golden Eagles because their road to State just got a lot of more harder. Instead of potentially facing CSAS in the region championship, they now have to face them in the semi-finals. I think this will be a wake up call for Grace and when Tuesday night comes, they will be ready to go toe-to-toe with CSAS. I have full condifdence that if Grace plays SELF LESS basketball and play to the best of their potential, then they will beat CSAS. The seniors for Grace don't deserve to go out this early with the type of talent and depth they have. and let us not forget Fuquan Harper is eligable to play Tuesday night. He is the x-factor for the the entire region tournament for me. He can handle the ball well, pass well, and finds open opportunities for his teammates and himself.

I LOVE IT!! and yet I agree with you more than you know...Grace has got to be one of the worst coached teams in the chattanooga area. How do you have that kind of size... (and both those kids are skilled) AND have herman who can score 33 in a game and STILL LOSE... I don't care- it makes me happy... Glad to see temple can still win when it matters...(it also helps making 50% of all your shots!!) glad to see Grace and CSAS in that go home game... Really gives us a chance to host a substate game if we can play well in the Region championship!!

I LOVE IT!! and yet I agree with you more than you know...Grace has got to be one of the worst coached teams in the chattanooga area. How do you have that kind of size... (and both those kids are skilled) AND have herman who can score 33 in a game and STILL LOSE... I don't care- it makes me happy... Glad to see temple can still win when it matters...(it also helps making 50% of all your shots!!) glad to see Grace and CSAS in that go home game... Really gives us a chance to host a substate game if we can play well in the Region championship!!

Bingo! Coaching continues to kill Grace, and has for years. This year's team has more talent and ability than just about any team in the city, save for maybe Howard or Red Bank. I do not mean to disrespect other teams by saying that, it is just true if you understand the game. There are only about 5-10% of high school teams in the entire country with two skilled big men like Grace has, yet they continue to lose to mediocre teams. The few times I have seen Grace, I always leave amazed at how anybody on the floor can take any shot they want at any time, with no repercussions. They take bad shots, they handle the ball poorly, and most of the time don't even play defense. It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. And, I am not one of those people advocating for the big guys to get their back to the basket and take hook shots all day. However, their bigs don't get nearly enough touches, and a lot of the wrong guys end up taking shots. Just my opinion. I really don't have a vested interest in Grace, and it is just frustrating as a basketball fan to see so much talent get wasted. I don't they even make it out of the region now, which might be the biggest upset in city history...

Someone who has got to step up and pass the ball more is Brandon Herman, sure he had his 33 points, but it didn't help his team out in the end. He also should have taken the lay up instead of trying to dunk with about 2 minutes left in the game. It would have put Grace up 1 who had momentum going at the time.

and let us not forget Fuquan Harper is eligable to play Tuesday night. He is the x-factor for the the entire region tournament for me. He can handle the ball well, pass well, and finds open opportunities for his teammates and himself.

Herman had the 6'8" Shaughnessy in front of him on the 2 on none break. He could have dished it off and watched a monster dunk. Instead he missed his own dunk. Play of the game in my opinion.

My first thought about Harper is that he might mess up chemistry by entering this late in the season. But after watching Grace last night, there's no chemistry to mess up..

Herman had the 6'8" Shaughnessy in front of him on the 2 on none break. He could have dished it off and watched a monster dunk. Instead he missed his own dunk. Play of the game in my opinion.

My first thought about Harper is that he might mess up chemistry by entering this late in the season. But after watching Grace last night, there's no chemistry to mess up..

When Herman stole the ball, NO ONE was in front of him. Patrick was jogging BEHIND him... He should have made the lay-up... he played the entire game and Im sure he was fatigued. Grace loses this game clearly b/c of coaching... How do u not box-and-1 Sexton and make somebody else beat you... he played man to man the ENTIRE game... thats poor coaching... and Grace's big men are inconsistent... when they got the ball they didn't do anything with it.. yeah they looked like All Americans against the Silverdales n Copper Basins. Where were they lastnight??.. But my point is... they lost b/c of poor coaching... box-and-1 Sexton and the game is over!!!!

You need to give this web site up CSAS will lose to grace which everyone beside CSAS fan knows lost to Temple,so your screen name says it all "ghost" or is that Boast you guys are finish for this year and next year Temple will take it all the way to the big house where you guy might not even make it out of the region.I 'll make a beat with you I will not post on this site anymore if CSAS beat Grace. However;if Grace beat CSAS your done on this site.How much do you believe in your team,and I am not even a Grace fan I,m a TTA fan.