Region 3A

WCAballa11

I thought last night was a good game. Both teams played hard and fought for a win. Fortunately, it was not a win or go home game and the possibility exists for our region to be well represented at the state tournament.

Good luck to the Patriots and the Crusaders on Monday. You Patriots be sure and give Jackson County a little taste of Third Street and show them what real basketball looks like!

speakin of jackson county...i know nothing bout them.

does anyone know anything about them?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jarrod johnson.

may i remind you, it was a layup.

never mind people! someone else scored. i'm completely wrong. and the people who said that not well rested (aka temple fans) do you honestly think that the grace game didn't have any factor and even if it didn't i did say that they still should have won. and if i didn't i meant to.

and to answer why they couldn't stop sexton is because of coaching. if the coach can't figure out that one guy is scoring every point then you can't really expect a team to win (with the exception of a couple of lay ups and freethrows from other teammates). maybe a box one couldn't stop sexton but it's an adjustment. do you guys really think that a good coach is gonna think that there's no use in changing his game to try and to stop a player who is scoring at will? come on people. get with it.

good luck csas and good luck team sexton.

never mind people! someone else scored. i'm completely wrong. and the people who said that not well rested (aka temple fans) do you honestly think that the grace game didn't have any factor and even if it didn't i did say that they still should have won. and if i didn't i meant to.

and to answer why they couldn't stop sexton is because of coaching. if the coach can't figure out that one guy is scoring every point then you can't really expect a team to win (with the exception of a couple of lay ups and freethrows from other teammates). maybe a box one couldn't stop sexton but it's an adjustment. do you guys really think that a good coach is gonna think that there's no use in changing his game to try and to stop a player who is scoring at will? come on people. get with it.

whereas I don't think it is team sexton- I can't argue with you too much- if you hold sexton to 15 points or less you WILL win...

What is it that you want Dragoo to do, lace up and step out on the court? CSAS held Sexton to only five or six points in the first half. What kind of adjustment should he have made at half time? No one can stop Jeremy Sexton when he is in a rhythm and he found a rhythm in the second half. Your players think way too highly of themselves if they thought they could take him on by themselves. Shame on your players and their pride.

Listen, you guys stop making excuses for the loss. I saw all three games so far and Temple has the better talent and potential. The two times Temple lost it was our own doing becaue of inexperience and you guys executed well and capitalized on our mistakes like good teams do. Congratulations on the two wins. They were well deserved!

What is all this nonsense about not being well rested? All anyone ever hears is about how athletic CSAS is and how no one can run with them. I was at the Grace/CSAS semi-final game and you guys had plenty of time to rest and get ready for the championship game. If the Grace game was a factor in how you all played in the regional championship game, then your post season journey will be coming to a premature and abrubt halt come Monday night. Let's make sure that does not happen. You guys deserve to be at state!

What is it that you want Dragoo to do, lace up and step out on the court? CSAS held Sexton to only five or six points in the first half. What kind of adjustment should he have made at half time? No one can stop Jeremy Sexton when he is in a rhythm and he found a rhythm in the second half. Your players think way too highly of themselves if they thought they could take him on by themselves. Shame on your players and their pride.

Listen, you guys stop making excuses for the loss. I saw all three games so far and Temple has the better talent and potential. The two times Temple lost it was our own doing becaue of inexperience and you guys executed well and capitalized on our mistakes like good teams do. Congratulations on the two wins. They were well deserved!

What is all this nonsense about not being well rested? All anyone ever hears is about how athletic CSAS is and how no one can run with them. I was at the Grace/CSAS semi-final game and you guys had plenty of time to rest and get ready for the championship game. If the Grace game was a factor in how you all played in the regional championship game, then your post season journey will be coming to a premature and abrubt halt come Monday night. Let's make sure that does not happen. You guys deserve to be at state!

okay whatever about the well rested part. but dragoo should have known that sexton would catch fire in the second half. players that good don't go a whole game without catching fire at some point unless they completely choke which sexton didn't because he had no reason to. temple is not a better basketball team. they have two extraordinary players (one of which is hurt) and that's about it. they have a couple of players who can make a wide open jump shot or layup. csas has the athletes and the experience and that's why they're able to take advantage of mistakes. i agree with not changing the game until sexton proves that he has caught fire which i would personally have notice somewhere between the next 4 to 25 points (or however many he had) he scored in the second half. that's when a good coach says: "okay, it's time for something different". csas has too much athleticism than to rely on two types of defense ( 2 3 zone and 2 2 1 press). plus a time out and a well set play with 15 secs left in regulation sounds like a good idea for csas rather than leaving it up to the players to make something up. csas has proven that they can get to the finals and they basically have the same team. so all the people saying that they are worse then last year are just plain dumb. anyways good luck to both teams.

To Junglelove and all similar "fans" of CSAS that overly critisize the head coach and program yet claim to be supporters of CSAS. Temple beat CSAS in this game. There are no excuses to be made and none were given. Both teams played hard and wanted to win it just didn't fall the way of the Patriots this time. Sexton is the best player in the region and they had their best defender on him (McCoy) but he took it to another level like great players do. Multiple defenses were played during the game - man, zone, press, half court traps, etc but were ineffective once Sexton got going. The Patriots won the series against Temple this year and as a Patriot fan that's the least I can ask for. In the end, Chatt is sending two great teams to the sub state and most likely the state this year again. Congrats to Temple and CSAS and good luck Monday in your sub state games!

To Junglelove and all similar "fans" of CSAS that overly critisize the head coach and program yet claim to be supporters of CSAS. Temple beat CSAS in this game. There are no excuses to be made and none were given. Both teams played hard and wanted to win it just didn't fall the way of the Patriots this time. Sexton is the best player in the region and they had their best defender on him (McCoy) but he took it to another level like great players do. Multiple defenses were played during the game - man, zone, press, half court traps, etc but were ineffective once Sexton got going. The Patriots won the series against Temple this year and as a Patriot fan that's the least I can ask for. In the end, Chatt is sending two great teams to the sub state and most likely the state this year again. Congrats to Temple and CSAS and good luck Monday in your sub state games!

first of all, i would like everyone to know that i never claimed csas fanship (i know it's not a word but whatever), i just realized that between the two teams that they're the better. secondly i don't like to think of these as excuses but more like reasons why they didn't win. and don't criticize me for getting on here and saying what could have and/or should have happened. what would coacht be without being able to do that? leave the "no excuses" rule for the players and let the fans do anything they want.

i'm assuming that you're a dragoo fan (no idea why you would be if you are) but don't worry, whatever i say won't sway his philosophy at all. he hasn't let constructive criticism affect his coaching ways yet so what should one more?

CSAS does have more talent than Temple. But then again Grace has more talent than both of them, and they are sitting at home waiting for next year. Just goes to show you talent is a smidge overrated. Again, I'll predict that Temple and CSAS will make it to Murfreesboro.

Obviously, I disagree. I think Temple has more raw talent than CSAS. I am not sure about how we or CSAS compares with Grace on talent. (Grace is sort of like a freak show with the two trees.) Would it be fair to just say that all three of us are about equal on talent, seeing how close the last games were?