Region 3A

WCAballa11

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree! with two starting players over 6'8 one would think being one of the top two teams in the region is a givin. mcmaster could score 40 points every game but decides to shoot fade aways against ppl a foot and a half shorter than him. he wont make it long at the college level where guys are just as big. be a man and assert yourself like you smaller counterpart shagnasty.

last night game was won by WARREN FOSTER!! he came in and socked graces big men in the mouth from the start. WHERE HAS HE BEEN ALL YEAR???? oh yeah the bench. i think he earned his stars last night.

HE'S BACK!!! Man d-hater, i've missed you. Your posts used to be the funniest part of my day.

Foster played 7 minutes and had 2 points and 3 rebounds. He played extremely well and did his job, but he didnt win the game. He CONTRIBUTED to the win, but he was not the only reason the Patriots won.

IT is perplexing to me the the LACK of insight when people talk about Basketball players and coaches. Lets go to the coaching issues. I don't think it is rational to say.." dunno bout his coaching but he is a fine christian man",etc ...would you say that about an english teacher.." can't spell nuttin but sure is a good citizen"? A great coach has the RESPECT of his players because he treats them fairly and tough at the same time AND understands the game well. He is expected to be a christian in a christian school. If he exemplifies Christ that is fantastic and should be everyones priority but it doesnt exempt a coach from evaluation. If he wishes to be the best coach he can be, he will do one of two things, evaluate his weaknesses and improve his coaching OR bring in someone who can provide what is lacking in the program. I have watched all of the schools in this region and see some programs doing the same things wrong yr in and yr out and others flourishing where the players individually and as a team are improving each yr.

Grace has allowed the players to run the ship it appears. A few yrs ago it was run and gun with little defence. This past few yrs it seems they have ALLOWED Carter to play soft and rather then improve it has made him LESS likely to succeed in College. We have watched fall away jumpers for yrs? why hasnt the coaches yanked him? where was the consequences when he WALKED down the court after missing a shot rather then running all the harder? Now they have a guard, who holds unto the ball and shoots it against 2 and 3 defenders? has he been yanked, ever? Even when he has scored more than 20 points in a game and he begins to hog the ball doesnt the coaches hear the stands yelling down for him to PASS it? Whether this guard doesnt know how to pass it inside or doesnt want to, I dont know, but it is up to the coaches to find out and fix it for good. These are GOOD players but they NEED the coaches to make them GREAT players. This would serve the Grace program and the players as they try to succeed to the next level.

Every program should do an end of the year interview with their players and tell them what they need to do for the coming yr. IE "you shot 65 percent free throws.. I want you to shoot one hundred a day. When you report to camp I will know if you take this program seriously as we will see immediately if you are at 75% or better". "Guards practise dribbling everyday and go to a camp where passing is emphasized "(a very lost art if u ask me). "Player 3 you need to hit the weights harder then anyone and gain 15 pounds of muscle..."etcetcetc So Coaches out there, whether "tenured" or not ...are you doing best by the players? The fans PAY to see excellence, are you demanding it from YOURSELFS? Are you surrounding yourself with supporters who only tell you how great you are?? Is it always "the players fault? Can you say, I am always improving as a coach every year? If yes then we applaud you, if not be honest and give the players what they need to be their best!

O.K. Here's my pick for the big game. Although I'd love to think my beloved Crusaders will win, I can't get the first meeting of the 2 teams out of my head. At Temple, CSAS took the ball from them at will, and converted the steals into countless lay-ups. Townsend kept burying wide-open 3's. And my Crusaders showed a frustration I hadn't seen since the before the 1st Skogen stepped on the court. Temple has improved since then, more-so I feel than CSAS has, but I still think the Patriots are the better team this year. That's why I'll say CSAS by 14.

Boo, hooh, hooh, on you Dadoffour! Did you not see how well your so called beloved crusaders played at third street? How in the world can you keep a straight face and predict CSAS by 14?

Do you remember in the first game at our place how we came out and played in the first half? We led most of the way and came out in the second half and had a total break down. You need to take some time and pray and get your heart right, then come back on here and make a more realistic prediction. Hurry up now. We are waiting. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Whereas I don't like dadofour's prediction- I feel as though it is the most realistic. CSAS is playing extremely well right now-- and if anyone remember's last year this is when they peaked last year....we beat them like a rag doll twice in the regular season by like 30+ and 25+only to be in a dogfight in the region championship and win by 11 or 12 and it felt like 2 or 3. CSAS then went on to beat pickett AT PICKETT which hadn't happened in forever...and beat up n two more state teams...

I think the reason CSAS will win is because they are more experienced- still feel like they have something to prove, they are healthy, and we are young and inexperienced at the coaching and playing level...

That being said- because of the upsets in region 4 I think WE can be last years CSAS- I think we can beat either jackson whoever, or westmoreland- neither of those teams are that impressive.

So even if we lose- dadofour- I still see us getting to state-

IT is perplexing to me the the LACK of insight when people talk about Basketball players and coaches. Lets go to the coaching issues. I don't think it is rational to say.." dunno bout his coaching but he is a fine christian man",etc ...would you say that about an english teacher.." can't spell nuttin but sure is a good citizen"? A great coach has the RESPECT of his players because he treats them fairly and tough at the same time AND understands the game well. He is expected to be a christian in a christian school. If he exemplifies Christ that is fantastic and should be everyones priority but it doesnt exempt a coach from evaluation. If he wishes to be the best coach he can be, he will do one of two things, evaluate his weaknesses and improve his coaching OR bring in someone who can provide what is lacking in the program. I have watched all of the schools in this region and see some programs doing the same things wrong yr in and yr out and others flourishing where the players individually and as a team are improving each yr.

Grace has allowed the players to run the ship it appears. A few yrs ago it was run and gun with little defence. This past few yrs it seems they have ALLOWED Carter to play soft and rather then improve it has made him LESS likely to succeed in College. We have watched fall away jumpers for yrs? why hasnt the coaches yanked him? where was the consequences when he WALKED down the court after missing a shot rather then running all the harder? Now they have a guard, who holds unto the ball and shoots it against 2 and 3 defenders? has he been yanked, ever? Even when he has scored more than 20 points in a game and he begins to hog the ball doesnt the coaches hear the stands yelling down for him to PASS it? Whether this guard doesnt know how to pass it inside or doesnt want to, I dont know, but it is up to the coaches to find out and fix it for good. These are GOOD players but they NEED the coaches to make them GREAT players. This would serve the Grace program and the players as they try to succeed to the next level.

Every program should do an end of the year interview with their players and tell them what they need to do for the coming yr. IE "you shot 65 percent free throws.. I want you to shoot one hundred a day. When you report to camp I will know if you take this program seriously as we will see immediately if you are at 75% or better". "Guards practise dribbling everyday and go to a camp where passing is emphasized "(a very lost art if u ask me). "Player 3 you need to hit the weights harder then anyone and gain 15 pounds of muscle..."etcetcetc So Coaches out there, whether "tenured" or not ...are you doing best by the players? The fans PAY to see excellence, are you demanding it from YOURSELFS? Are you surrounding yourself with supporters who only tell you how great you are?? Is it always "the players fault? Can you say, I am always improving as a coach every year? If yes then we applaud you, if not be honest and give the players what they need to be their best!

Good Grief---------------------are you a preacher???

well i agree with you when you say that Temple and CSAS will represent Region 3 well in the state tourney, but the whole Mcmasters point, giving alot to the school? i hope you dont mean that getting sent home two years of his four is giving alot to the program! they are looking to go to the finals every year. grace doesnt know how to use there big men and it didnt help them the past two years

But he brought a lot of good publicity to the school via media coverage. I think it would be unlikely that Herman and Shaughnessy would have come to Grace if Carter did not go to school there. When they came the talented state group (Eldridge, Dilts, Parshall, Smith, Van Horn, Parson etc.) were already gone. So what's the draw...Carter right?