Region 3A

WCAballa11

good career and has school paid for at a school with a christian environment and gets to play ball to boot. i think alot of mcmasters woes are that the eagles did not ever get him the ball on the block enough ever, not in any game, not in any season. he should have been the first option the last two years and he wasn't. herman is a talent, a selfish talent, but a talent.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game. fuquan great talent, reahces and grabs and had 4 fouls in somewhat limited minutes. patrick is going to be the best player in the region next year. intensity, heart, and talent. carter did not get more than a handful of touches. csas just wanted it more and pulled it out. great team ball won this one.

and i didn't even think about this right away but do you seriously think that patrick is gonna be better than sexton? he'll be good but come on.

great game. fuquan great talent, reahces and grabs and had 4 fouls in somewhat limited minutes. patrick is going to be the best player in the region next year. intensity, heart, and talent. carter did not get more than a handful of touches. csas just wanted it more and pulled it out. great team ball won this one.

and i didn't even think about this right away but do you seriously think that patrick is gonna be better than sexton? he'll be good but come on.

Fuquan plays with pure athleticism right now, he needs to work on fundamentals. He, Herman, and Shaugnessy could be scary next year. Shaugnessy was great tonight, he is always the hardest working player on the floor.

CSAS showed tonight who the better TEAM was tonight. Hampton hit the clutch threes and free throws (except a couple at the end). I dont think anybody in the district can stay in front of Cobb. Townsend hit some big 3's and played good, physical D on McMasters. McKoy struggled a little on offense, but he played the entire game and played very good D on Herman (he shot 5-13 from the field). Ball had a very good game. He had 12 points and showed off a pretty midrange jumper. It was interesting to watch he and Shaugnessy go at it all night. Fun matchup there. The hidden hero for CSAS tonight was Foster. He came in the game, played physical, got some rebounds, and did his job. The Patriots are going to need more of that out of him if they want to make a deep run in the state.

all I can say is, is that i hope all the people that criticized CSAS saying they cant beat grace or all that nonsense will shut up now. CSAS was obviously the better team. and it showed tonight. great season for grace, and good season for silverdale as well. man did they give temple a little scare there in the first half and near the end of the game. cant wait for thursday night. i pick csas to win by about 8 thursday.

CSAS was definately the better team, played with senior level poise and they know how to get touches to all of their many weapons. Brian Ball played within his game as Carter played off him and taking advantage of that with a few jumpers and put backs. Grace played dumb in the first quarter and were in danger of getting blown out early via UNFORCED turnovers (passing in carelessly into the press for example) and their defence was poor overall. In the second and third quarter they made some adjustments going inside to Shaughnessy, playing better defence and made a run. The question of the night is why did they play Herman and Carter the entire game (roughly 32 minutes) when Herman was turning the ball over too much and wasnt passing the ball enough and Carter seemed to be having the worst game of his high school career? Fuquan and Shaughnessy had much less time but both were much more effective, even when inexplicably they werent played enough TOGETHER. And then the other question is ,why did they stop going inside in the fourth quarter? So it was a great competitive game where the better team won both in the players execution and coaching. Good Luck CSAS! And Good Luck Grace for next year!

this one is easy

considering that CSAS and Grace split the series in the regular season, CSAS with momentum only because Temple and Grace was such a good game and CSAS beat Temple both times in the regular season

CSAS has to play Grace and they will win

which means Temple doesnt have to play anyone in this tourney till the final against CSAS

i do say CSAS loses in the final game

wow just like predicted!!!

Next is TEMPLE and CSAS for the final game

i say Temple will be headed up to Pickett county, because CSAS will win by 9 against temple

it will be a good game! close the whole time till the last minute

wow just like predicted!!!

Next is TEMPLE and CSAS for the final game

i say Temple will be headed up to Pickett county, because CSAS will win by 9 against temple

it will be a good game! close the whole time till the last minute

The loser of this game will head to either Jackson County or Westmoreland. JC beat Pickett tonight by 9 points in the semi's. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

patrick will have a tough time averaging more than 15 points with herman on the team. also depends if he gets enough playing time. i don't understand why he sat so much after getting healthy. but when he is in the game i think he will be the most dominat player. not many big men in the region. enjoys playing the low post. if he adss 10-15 lbs of muscle he will be unstoppable by any of the competition.

Let's don't be cutting down David Brainerd. If you remember, Temple only beat David Brainerd by 14 a few weeks ago also. The guys at DB are all back next year, and will make some noise. Temple is an over-achieving team with a serious lack of depth. I don't expect them to get out of the region.

I have noticed that while you always are sensitive when people put down David Brainerd, you never seem to miss an opportunity to take jabs at other schools, particularly Temple. What's up with this?

While you never want to critique a program too harshly, is there any program that has failed to meet expectations than Grace? I admire young Mr. McMasters, but with his size and ability, he should have been recruited by ACC schools. In the end, this comes down to coaching. I know that high schools, and particularly Christian private schools, are reluctant to let coaches go, but at some point in time, the direction of the program has to be the responsiblity of the coach. With the talent and loyal fan base Grace has, they should be working on their third straight run at a state title. Instead, they will be watching from the stands once again. Imagine how Carter would have flourished under the coaching at CSAS or Temple. I do not envy the task of the Grace administration, but they are going to have to look at some serious changes in their program, or this time next year, a talented group of Grace players will be sitting in the stands watching the region title game again.

Great game for CSAS. Grace is a match up nightmare for any team in single A and they played very hard...last night. If they played with half the intensity and tenacity that they did against CSAS they would have beat Temple easily. Carter is a good kid and will no doubt be successful in college. I'm looking to see great things from him in the comming years. Temple is peaking at the right time and will be a tough team to beat but CSAS puts a focused product on the floor at this time of the year and should take care of business and host their first sub-state game this year.