Region 3A

WCAballa11

Dad, everyone knows you're just trying to get a riled up responce with your off the wall statements but I will comment. How can Grace be better coached? (They lost to a lot less talented Temple in a $$ game) How have they been better tested? (Who have they played, non conference that was better than ANYONE CSAS played) A better defensive team? (Both give up about 50 points per game, with CSAS averaging 83 and Grace 60)

Enjoy your moment. Temple earned it but the Patriots are not going any where soon. There is a new sherriff in town and Temple's dominance over the region is over.

BTW - I'm sure Grace appreciates your support. After all, they did gift wrap their "big brother" a sub state birth!

Great Alex, Somebody needed to speak up and say something off the wall. It was getting boring in here. But I'll defend my statements. 1. Don't take my assertion that Grace is better coached than CSAS to mean I think Grace is well coached. 2. I think Grace has played a much tougher schedule. First off, they're in a much tougher district. They had to play teams like Temple (3 times), SD (3 times) while CSAS was playing SPitt and Whitwell 4 times each. Plus, while Grace was playing non conference teams like Red Bank, Oolteway (twice), Picket Co., McCallie and Soddy Daisy, the best CSAS went up against was Notre Dame, Walker Valley, and Ooltewah. 3. Defense? Grace defends the inside much better, and is harrassing the guards more than I've ever seen them. I didn't check your defensive stats, but even if they're true, don't pat yourself on the back too hard for squashing offensive power-houses like Sale Creek, Hardy, and Whitwell, all of whom you've played 2 to 4 times each.

All of this said, your Patriots are a good team. Better this year than my Crusaders. But my money next Tuesday, if you get there, will be on Grace.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Alex, Somebody needed to speak up and say something off the wall. It was getting boring in here. But I'll defend my statements. 1. Don't take my assertion that Grace is better coached than CSAS to mean I think Grace is well coached. 2. I think Grace has played a much tougher schedule. First off, they're in a much tougher district. They had to play teams like Temple (3 times), SD (3 times) while CSAS was playing SPitt and Whitwell 4 times each. Plus, while Grace was playing non conference teams like Red Bank, Oolteway (twice), Picket Co., McCallie and Soddy Daisy, the best CSAS went up against was Notre Dame, Walker Valley, and Ooltewah. 3. Defense? Grace defends the inside much better, and is harrassing the guards more than I've ever seen them. I didn't check your defensive stats, but even if they're true, don't pat yourself on the back too hard for squashing offensive power-houses like Sale Creek, Hardy, and Whitwell, all of whom you've played 2 to 4 times each.

All of this said, your Patriots are a good team. Better this year than my Crusaders. But my money next Tuesday, if you get there, will be on Grace.

Lol. You're right it was getting pretty boring in here and this is the time of the year the boards are supposed to be jumping!

True, 5A is better than 6A but not by much! Using your logic, CSAS also played SD(2), Temple(2), and Ooltewah(1), Walker Valley(1) and of course Grace(2). Red Bank and Pickett are the only other teams with winning records that Grace played out of conference. CSAS played out of conference winning teams of Walker Valley, 5A Tift Co (played in GA state game last year), GA, #4 ranked(FL) Grandview Prep, Palmetto Ridge (FL), and Bolles (FL) - the FL schools are tradition rich schools like Baylor and McCallie.

2) Grace does defend the inside better but thats by an obvious default. They still give up way too many points to inferior teams considering their half court style of play and their big advantage inside.

3) Coaching? IF you honestly think another local coach could have done a better job of 25-4 with this team - then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it but you can't objectively defend it.

That being said, the Patriots will be their Tuesday and it will be a great game but my money is on CSAS.

Lol. You're right it was getting pretty boring in here and this is the time of the year the boards are supposed to be jumping!

True, 5A is better than 6A but not by much! Using your logic, CSAS also played SD(2), Temple(2), and Ooltewah(1), Walker Valley(1) and of course Grace(2). Red Bank and Pickett are the only other teams with winning records that Grace played out of conference. CSAS played out of conference winning teams of Walker Valley, 5A Tift Co (played in GA state game last year), GA, #4 ranked(FL) Grandview Prep, Palmetto Ridge (FL), and Bolles (FL) - the FL schools are tradition rich schools like Baylor and McCallie.

2) Grace does defend the inside better but thats by an obvious default. They still give up way too many points to inferior teams considering their half court style of play and their big advantage inside.

3) Coaching? IF you honestly think another local coach could have done a better job of 25-4 with this team - then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it but you can't objectively defend it.

That being said, the Patriots will be their Tuesday and it will be a great game but my money is on CSAS.

I believe you will be there Tuesday for the game against Grace and you ought to win it. I do not, however, believe that you will beat Temple for the region title. Temple has your number, they know how to play you, and when we match up on Thursday, it will be CSAS playing catch up the whole game.

One thing that people seem to completely forget about when they talk about Temple being a less talented team is that one of our star players has been sitting on the bench from a season ending shoulder surgery since the first CSAS/Temple game. He was a starter last year at the state tournament. If we are so short on talent then why were we up by 6 with 25 seconds left to go in the game at CSAS and why did we just beat Grace for the district title? I would say that Temple must be pretty talented to be where they are right now wihout one of their stars on the court, or CSAS and Grace must not be very good at all. Honestly, Do you think CSAS stands a chance of going to state without one of their stars? Does Grace stand a chance of making it wihout one of theirs? Then, how is it that Temple stands a chance?

I do not see CSAS being a force after this year. Grace and Temple both will be strong next year. The year after that will probably belong to Grace. I do not see anyone coming up through the ranks at Temple of the caliber we are used to seeing. As far as I know, none of the upcoming players are playing any AAU ball. Maybe Temple's girls will be the next dynasty.

I believe you will be there Tuesday for the game against Grace and you ought to win it. I do not, however, believe that you will beat Temple for the region title. Temple has your number, they know how to play you, and when we match up on Thursday, it will be CSAS playing catch up the whole game.

One thing that people seem to completely forget about when they talk about Temple being a less talented team is that one of our star players has been sitting on the bench from a season ending shoulder surgery since the first CSAS/Temple game. He was a starter last year at the state tournament. If we are so short on talent then why were we up by 6 with 25 seconds left to go in the game at CSAS and why did we just beat Grace for the district title? I would say that Temple must be pretty talented to be where they are right now wihout one of their stars on the court, or CSAS and Grace must not be very good at all. Honestly, Do you think CSAS stands a chance of going to state without one of their stars? Does Grace stand a chance of making it wihout one of theirs? Then, how is it that Temple stands a chance?

I do not see CSAS being a force after this year. Grace and Temple both will be strong next year. The year after that will probably belong to Grace. I do not see anyone coming up through the ranks at Temple of the caliber we are used to seeing. As far as I know, none of the upcoming players are playing any AAU ball. Maybe Temple's girls will be the next dynasty.

Just because you are short on talent doesnt mean you cant win I think Marcum has done a good job this year because temple IS less talented than both grace and CSAS. yeah they were winning by 6 late in the but they still lost.

...And if Temple's girls are the next dynasty dont hold your breath after the way they got drilled by CSAS's girls last night I tink you are looking at the wrong girls program in th eregion to be the next dynasty... but we can take this discussion over to the girls board if you want

Temple played with a lot of pride and heart @ CSAS. I'm sure they had that game circled after their humiliating home loss earlier in the season. That game should not be an indication of how good they are but rather how good they could be if they continue to be focused. The Grace game, what can I say? Great win for Temple but really Grace should beat every team in the region including CSAS if they played to their strenghts. That's why I know the Patriots will win tuesday. Grace wants to play like every other team in the state instead of playing to their uniqueness that they have. CSAS has 7 seniors. They will not lose to Temple in a $$ game.

sexton is the best non-post player on any of the three teams. better than hampton and herman. they have a solid post player, not sure who he is, but does a solid job in the paint.

csas girls are so young that they will be the team to beat the next 2-3 years in the region.

i hope csas gets by 21st century, and then gets by grace. i hope it works that way. grace or csas will beat temple in the finals.....

sexton is the best non-post player on any of the three teams. better than hampton and herman. they have a solid post player, not sure who he is, but does a solid job in the paint.

csas girls are so young that they will be the team to beat the next 2-3 years in the region.

i hope csas gets by 21st century, and then gets by grace. i hope it works that way. grace or csas will beat temple in the finals.....

Who? Temple? Is it that Johnson kid?

Dad, everyone knows you're just trying to get a riled up responce with your off the wall statements but I will comment. How can Grace be better coached? (They lost to a lot less talented Temple in a $$ game) How have they been better tested? (Who have they played, non conference that was better than ANYONE CSAS played) A better defensive team? (Both give up about 50 points per game, with CSAS averaging 83 and Grace 60)

Enjoy your moment. Temple earned it but the Patriots are not going any where soon. There is a new sherriff in town and Temple's dominance over the region is over.

BTW - I'm sure Grace appreciates your support. After all, they did gift wrap their "big brother" a sub state birth!

since the 2001-2002 season temple has only lost the region championship 1 time... that means 5 of the last 6 years we have brought home the region championship... this year it may or may not happen... but next year CSAS will be an unspoken of team...they have no PROGRAM established they over achieved last year...we will see how they do this year...but Temple has been consistent....they have an established program they teach the same ideas and philosophy all the way down to the elementary level....IF CSAS wins the region this year that is 1 time...guarantee you Temple wins it next year---seing as how they don't graduate a starter...

Temple's dominance of the region will remain..even if they don't win it this year...b/c they will next fo sho and that will be 6 out of the last 8...that is continued dominance...until someone or other teams win the region a couple years in a row...than I will acknowledge we do not dominate this region

(We also dominate the state...3 state titles last 6 years....and we WILL win the state title next year fo sho so that will be 4 for 8...)!!!!

Temple played with a lot of pride and heart @ CSAS. I'm sure they had that game circled after their humiliating home loss earlier in the season. That game should not be an indication of how good they are but rather how good they could be if they continue to be focused. The Grace game, what can I say? Great win for Temple but really Grace should beat every team in the region including CSAS if they played to their strenghts. That's why I know the Patriots will win tuesday. Grace wants to play like every other team in the state instead of playing to their uniqueness that they have. CSAS has 7 seniors. They will not lose to Temple in a $$ game.

You make some good points. Temple has played inconsistent at times and I think that their coach has contributed to the unbalance at times also.

You are right about Grace. I had never really thought much about them playing to their uniqueness rather than trying to play like every other team.

Grace might have thought the same thing about losing to Temple in a money game. Our boys know they can win against CSAS so it will be interesting if we should match up at the championship game. It will be a great game regardless of who wins as long as everyong brings their best game.

I LOVE IT!! and yet I agree with you more than you know...Grace has got to be one of the worst coached teams in the chattanooga area. How do you have that kind of size... (and both those kids are skilled) AND have herman who can score 33 in a game and STILL LOSE... I don't care- it makes me happy... Glad to see temple can still win when it matters...(it also helps making 50% of all your shots!!) glad to see Grace and CSAS in that go home game... Really gives us a chance to host a substate game if we can play well in the Region championship!!

im not even on yalls side of state but...

2 years ago Marquise Weedle of Union City put up 48 on us in the region championship game

and still lost...