Region 3A

WCAballa11

good teams dont miss lay ups nor 10 free throws in big games.

and david brainerd got a taste of CSAS in the jamboree.

that didnt go over well seeing that they won by like 35+ points in a jamboree.

True about the missed FT and layups. As far as the jamboree goes, we were not even supposed to play that night, CSAS was supposed to play Silverdale. So as far as that goes I think we did OK for 30 minutes notice.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So everything is shaping out nicely.

semi finals are set

Grace vs. CSAS

and

Silverdale vs. Temple

these are 2 great match ups.

i give silverdale a pretty good chance at beating temple.

they may have their point guard back and putting them at full strength.

does anyone else think they could beat them?

wow! i hope you are right because CSAS has a better chance beating Silverdale rather than Temple and we all know that!

i will make my prediction for the Grace and CSAS game: 1) split the series in regular season equals toss up

2) neutral site brings decent crowds for both teams equals toss up

3) Grace's big men and depth vs. CSAS speed and depth equals toss up

its going to come down to who wants it more, will it be grace revenge from last years loss to CSAS in the semi-finals or will it be CSAS heart to get back to where they were last year at the state final! this game will be a good one none the less but i give it to CSAS in a very close one:

Grace: 62

CSAS: 68

I hope that you are not implying that David Brainerd is a weak team. Granted we took some lumps from the big dogs in our district but we played your crusaders tough at your place and anyone that watched that game and knows anything about basketball knows that that game was alot closer than 60-44.

Read the post about DB that I made later on in this thread and you'll know I don't consider them weak. I think they're doing exceptionally well to have only been in the league a short time. And Preston is my son's hero, so I'll never root against them.

If I were a CSAS fan I would be upset at Grace for losing in the Distict Finals. Arts cannot handle Grace's big men, and if they are allowed to dominate the boards then Arts will have a tough time winning this huge game. I am not sure who I think will win...but obviously Arts matches up better against Temple.

If Arts does not hit the majority of their 3's...they will struggle.

Whatever you think about Brian Ball...he can't guard Carter and Patrick at the same time. You know both teams are extremely motivated to win, that's why it will be fun...for the winning team. Loser goes home very disappointed.

It really is a shame Grace lost to Temple...Arts and Grace deserved to go to Sub-State, but Grace choked.

True about the missed FT and layups. As far as the jamboree goes, we were not even supposed to play that night, CSAS was supposed to play Silverdale. So as far as that goes I think we did OK for 30 minutes notice.

I am not trying to be mean, but besides Copper Basin(which seldom wins) did they beat anybody else in the district? Until they beat somebody else then there is no reason to give a false sense reality. DB is not good yet. With all the competition around them, I will be surprised it will be anytime soon either.

well doesnt that mean that CSAS didnt know that they were going to have to play david brainerd?

im not saying that david brainerd is a bad team.

i agree with dadoffour that they are doing very well for a team who hasnt been around very long.

but they arent in the region tournament this year so i wish them luck for years to come.

Predictions for semifinal games:

Temple 71 Silverdale 57 - I heard that Silverdale gets their big man who transferred and played JV eligible for this game. If so, he may cause a few problems for the smaller Crusaders. But unless Lowry is at full strength and Silverdale's role players shoot extremely well, gotta go with Temple. Marcum appears to be a heckuva coach.

CSAS 82 Grace 77 - High scoring, fast-paced, and lots of drama. Grace wants revenge from last year and another shot at Temple this year. CSAS wants another deep run into the state tourney. If Grace uses their size to their advantage, they should win. But that rarely happens so why would it happen in the biggest game of the year? Watching Fuquan play some varsity should be interesting too.

I think it is because we have the only gym that can hold the required amount of people for district and region games... and most the tournament is at McGilvary- kind of an advantage but our games are never there until tournament time....it is nice being next door- but it is a different gym than we practice and play in...but I can see how coaches might be frustrated...but they do provide a great environment..I think it is because we have the only gym that can hold the required amount of people for district and region games... and most the tournament is at McGilvary- kind of an advantage but our games are never there until tournament time....it is nice being next door- but it is a different gym than we practice and play in...but I can see how coaches might be frustrated...but they do provide a great environment..

If I were a CSAS fan I would be upset at Grace for losing in the Distict Finals. Arts cannot handle Grace's big men, and if they are allowed to dominate the boards then Arts will have a tough time winning this huge game. I am not sure who I think will win...but obviously Arts matches up better against Temple.

If Arts does not hit the majority of their 3's...they will struggle.

Whatever you think about Brian Ball...he can't guard Carter and Patrick at the same time. You know both teams are extremely motivated to win, that's why it will be fun...for the winning team. Loser goes home very disappointed.

It really is a shame Grace lost to Temple...Arts and Grace deserved to go to Sub-State, but Grace choked.

like it matters.

CSAS would have to beat them both eventually.

just like grace would have to beat them both.

it just determines who was first.

i dont see why everyone is picking grace over CSAS,

CSAS is too fast, plays good defense, and grace doesnt know how to use the big men.

i dont think it will be nearly as exciting as everyone thinks....i think csas is going to surprise a few people....i say csas by 15....somewhere around 65-50....i think four of the five starters will be in double digits....ball i think will have double digits in assists....and off the bench i expect a lot of production....mckoy will struggle...he always does against grace...but i still think he will hit double digits...and make a huge difference defensively....carter mcmasters and brandon herman will be the only factors for grace...shaughnesy wont be much of a factor at all....and fuquan...if he plays is no better than the first one or two guards grace puts in off the bench....csas is going to play better than anyone expects....and i see them making a lot of noise going into the region finals...and i am a believer that csas will make it to sub-state and that, that game will be at home....but we'll see...