Collinwood Trojans

TrojanSportsFan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as the saying goes "you live and die by the three"....well, stown definitely died by the three last night...other than the ones nance hit...the rest of the team was cold...but give all the credit to cwood...thompson was unstoppable last nite and they controlled the boards....i'd like to see a stat sheet on how badly stown was outrebounded....but, there's always next week and anything can happen from here...could it be another wayne co./cwood matchup in the region semis?????

as the saying goes "you live and die by the three"....well, stown definitely died by the three last night...other than the ones nance hit...the rest of the team was cold...but give all the credit to cwood...thompson was unstoppable last nite and they controlled the boards....i'd like to see a stat sheet on how badly stown was outrebounded....but, there's always next week and anything can happen from here...could it be another wayne co./cwood matchup in the region semis?????

that would probably only happen if it were the championship game......I think wood and boro are prob in opposite brackets.....usually 1 and 4 go opposite of 2and 3......which would mean collinwood and mt pleasant in one bracket and boro and summertown in the other It will be tough for any 12a team to get to the final (supposedly, but we will see)

that would probably only happen if it were the championship game......I think wood and boro are prob in opposite brackets.....usually 1 and 4 go opposite of 2and 3......which would mean collinwood and mt pleasant in one bracket and boro and summertown in the other It will be tough for any 12a team to get to the final (supposedly, but we will see)

In the Region 6A Bracket -

On one side Collinwood will play 11A #4 and Wayne Co will play 11A #2

On the other side Summertown will play 11A #3 and Mt Pleasant will play 11A #1.

Collinwood and Wayne Co will be in one bracket and Summertown and Mt Pleasant will be in the other.

Congrats TROJANS!!! Itz been 2 long since we've won it! (2000) Great game Tyler!!! Way 2 go Dakota comin off the bench hittin some key shots n the win! Great game 2 the team!!!!!!! Ya'll really came together durin the tournament!!! Great game 2 Summertown. Hard fought 2 the end!!! Congrats 2 Coach Crews 4 leadin his team 2 the championship win his 1st year as head coach!!

Congrats 2 the boys & girls 4 gettin the sweep!!! Can't w8 til region & hope this great team play continues n region!!! GO TROJANS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In the Region 6A Bracket -

On one side Collinwood will play 11A #4 and Wayne Co will play 11A #2

On the other side Summertown will play 11A #3 and Mt Pleasant will play 11A #1.

Collinwood and Wayne Co will be in one bracket and Summertown and Mt Pleasant will be in the other.

thats a little different from the way they do it in football where 1 and 4 go against 2 and 3 from the other district.............seems in hoops its 1 and 3 against 2 and 4 then........it should be interesting regardless.........based on that I would say summertown landed in a tougher bracket by far

right on, way to ball!!!! Thompson is an animal...summertown had no answers for him

I didn't get to see the semi-finals, but I heard that Thompson did not score in the 2nd half against Wboro, finishing with 10 points. I did see the finals on saturday, and I did see Thompson make some adjustments and finish around the rim. I think he had 29 points. It looked as Summertown allowed him to cross the lane untouched and did not front him, but played behind him in the low post. They did not double team from the perimeter, either. This proved costly, as Thompson was able to have time to create his looks. I have noticed in the past that pressure tends to bother him in double team situations, but that did not occur on saturday. Summertown recieved their kiss of death by not guarding Thompson on defense and forcing quick perimeter shots on offense. Must of been a huge win for the Trojans program, because their reaction at the end of the game looked like they had just beaten the New England Patriots.

shucks, it was mighty neighborly of Summertown not guarding big Tyler...........best thing about it for collinwood is Thompson and Andrews are juniors and Gobble is a sophomore.........those were the three trojans that made all tournament by the way.............why would they not celebrate ...summertown was supposed to be unbeatable and playing for a threepeat...........they beat collinwood by forty plus two weeks ago......that shows real improvement by collinwood dont you think?