Region 3A

Crowder10

Grace's field is terrible....TERRIBLE. You might as well just build a mound on a football field and throw down a few bases. Oh wait, that's what it is - a football field with bases! Red Bank, Hixson, or Soddy would be much better choices.

LOL, thanks for that great insight. You have no clue what you are talking about but oh well. I'm just looking forward to watching some great baseball...especially the Ooltewah Invitational /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace's field is terrible....TERRIBLE. You might as well just build a mound on a football field and throw down a few bases. Oh wait, that's what it is - a football field with bases! Red Bank, Hixson, or Soddy would be much better choices.

The field is a softball and baseball field and they use it for football. That doesn't help Grace's argument that their field is good, but it is the facts. If you have played their then you know that it is not a football field.

The field is a softball and baseball field and they use it for football. That doesn't help Grace's argument that their field is good, but it is the facts. If you have played their then you know that it is not a football field.

You are correct on what it is and that the fact that it is also used for football doesn't help our argument. I'm not saying it's the nicest field in Chattanooga, but some are acting like they would rather play at the Sandlot (just don't tell them they play ball like a girl /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ). Overall, it is a decent field and doesn't deserve to be labled as a "terrible" field. For the surface to be used and abused during football season, it looks pretty good to me.

Have you been to Grace's field in the last two years? It has been drastically upgraded, and helped host the Ooltewah Invitational last year. Every team there said it was one of the best fields they played on all year. Adairsville High's coach said his pitchers loved the mound and wished they could pitch on it every day.

I went to a few games last year and while they may have decent facilities, their field is horrible. The outfield had holes and the mound was not good at all. The catcher couldn't block any of the balls in the dirt because they would hit the plate and bounce over the back stop. Those aren't the things good fields have.

I went to a few games last year and while they may have decent facilities, their field is horrible. The outfield had holes and the mound was not good at all. The catcher couldn't block any of the balls in the dirt because they would hit the plate and bounce over the back stop. Those aren't the things good fields have.

Outfield doesn't have holes, but it obviously isn't perfectly smooth being it is used by football. Definitely isn't going to be the greatest field for reasons of football. I'm not sure whose mound you saw but it wasn't ours as our mound was and is again in great shape.

Oh, and being a Grace fan and seeing many games, we never had any balls fly over the backstop on a past ball.

I haven't seen my Silverdale boys play yet, but they will be tough. I think we played Grace yesterday. Anybody know how Grace did against us?

Ya'll did some good things against Grace. You've improved from what I remember of you guys last year. Score wasn't taken but Grace did score more runs, but you guys put up some points also. Againsr Grace's best 9, it won't be that close, but its good to see ya'll getting better. I can see you guys and DB battling it out for 2nd, I'm rooting for you guys. Good luck!

Grace did scrimmage silverdale on monday and Grace beat them pretty badly. Both teams had some baserunning and fielding issues. Grace also did not have their starting catcher. What made the difference is that Grace hit the ball a lot better than Silverdale did. When silverdale scored 1 run in the top of the first, Grace came back and scored 9 or 10 in the bottom of the first. I think that Silverdale has actually gotten worse from last year. Their pitching monday was awful. That is going to be a big struggle for them all year long.

Grace did scrimmage silverdale on monday and Grace beat them pretty badly. Both teams had some baserunning and fielding issues. Grace also did not have their starting catcher. What made the difference is that Grace hit the ball a lot better than Silverdale did. When silverdale scored 1 run in the top of the first, Grace came back and scored 9 or 10 in the bottom of the first. I think that Silverdale has actually gotten worse from last year. Their pitching monday was awful. That is going to be a big struggle for them all year long.

I think they'll still be ok matching up with the rest in our region. CB is very young and Temple and DB aren't any stronger than SD. I think once they get into the season, they'll have a few of the many guys they threw during the game will be fine for them. I think they hit the ball better, especially this early in the season. Do you think they can still keep 2nd or do you have someone else getting second?