Class A, Region 5 Tournament

BenDover178

I believe you also picked ER to beat Eagleville in a upset in which we easily won and did not even play well. Keep on picking against Eagleville you are our good luck charm. The one thing about Eagleville is they have very balanced scoring. All five starters can score in double digits and even one from off the bench. If we will stay away from zone defenses unless we are in foul trouble I believe we will win this one. We seem to be a little more athletic than most 1a teams and thus I believe we are a better team when we play man to man. Since the starting lineup changed toward the end of the season our defense has been much better. Offensively we can score against anyone as long as we play under control. I believe VB might upset NCS. VB is a well coached team not as athletic as Eagleville but has the tendacy to play smarter ball. I believe NCS playing a weak schedule will hurt them and not prepare them for this game. GO EAGLES

Have you even seen CA play? They are as athletic if not more athletic than any team in this regional tournament. I'm not saying they are more talented or a better basketball team than everyteam, I'm just saying they are very athletic and have 1 very good gaurd that tranfered from Clarksville High School that played varsity as a freshman but had to sit out last year because of the transfer, has outstanding ball handling skills and a shot and driving capability like I havn't seen in a long time and 3 very good big men that can score double digits everygame. Eagleville may win, idk but I think that it will be alot closer than you think and I think CA could pull this one out.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a rematch of th 10A Championship conimg up. CA And Eagleville will come down to who wants it more and honestly not one person on this board can say one team wants it more because it is up to the players to decide that. I also see Nashville Christian winning due to the fact Van Bueren barely beat McEwen which was far from the best team in 10A. In the end as long as a team from region 5 makes it to state then i guess that would prove the strength of our region

I see a rematch of th 10A Championship conimg up. CA And Eagleville will come down to who wants it more and honestly not one person on this board can say one team wants it more because it is up to the players to decide that. I also see Nashville Christian winning due to the fact Van Bueren barely beat McEwen which was far from the best team in 10A. In the end as long as a team from region 5 makes it to state then i guess that would prove the strength of our region

You may get your rematch of a D-10 final. There may be another rematch of the D-9 finals. I don't blame you for picking your District. I will pick mine when I think we have a chance of winning. Not many people are giving VB a chance of winning except the ones that matter (the players). I like being the underdog. Go VB.

Are there any Cascade or McEwen fans still on the board, beacuse I'd like their opinion of the game between NCS/VB tonight. Both of those teams have played NCS and VB. Who do those fans and players feel have the better chance of winning tonight.

NCS(3-0) vs. Cascade(0-3): 78-61 NCS(3-0) vs. McEwen(0-3): 59-47

66-59 82-72

66-56 57-45

VB(3-0) vs. Cascade(0-3): 71-69 VB(1-0) vs. McEwen(0-1): 63-57

72-58

61-37

I'm trying really hard not to be bias, but that is pretty hard to do. Based just on numbers between schools that have played, I'll go with NCS by 4, maybe less.

Are there any Cascade or McEwen fans still on the board, beacuse I'd like their opinion of the game between NCS/VB tonight. Both of those teams have played NCS and VB. Who do those fans and players feel have the better chance of winning tonight.

NCS(3-0) vs. Cascade(0-3): 78-61 NCS(3-0) vs. McEwen(0-3): 59-47

66-59 82-72

66-56 57-45

VB(3-0) vs. Cascade(0-3): 71-69 VB(1-0) vs. McEwen(0-1): 63-57

72-58

61-37

I'm trying really hard not to be bias, but that is pretty hard to do. Based just on numbers between schools that have played, I'll go with NCS by 4, maybe less.

I dont thik NCS can guard VB in the post and they dont have anyone that can guard Baker. VB also has a kid (simmons) who can shoot with anybody on NCS's team.I believe whover baker is guarding wont score either becaue NCS's guards cant shoot over him.

With that being said I think they way to beat NCS is to pressure them 94 feet for 32 minutes, but I dont think VB has the athletic ability or depth to do this.

with that being said im going with:

VB 70

NCS 68

I dont thik NCS can guard VB in the post and they dont have anyone that can guard Baker. VB also has a kid (simmons) who can shoot with anybody on NCS's team.I believe whover baker is guarding wont score either becaue NCS's guards cant shoot over him.

With that being said I think they way to beat NCS is to pressure them 94 feet for 32 minutes, but I dont think VB has the athletic ability or depth to do this.

VB 70

NCS 68

I'll give you that Baker will be tough for NCS to guard, I believe Baker's ppg is 21.8, which is impressive in itslef, not to mention another post player for VB averages 20ppg. I think Davidson for NCS has a big task tonight.

Howerver, you took it a bit to far saying that Simmons can shoot with anybody on NCS. Let me give you a few stats:

NCS:

Caden Anderson 16.5 ppg, 107 3's

Bradley Elkins 15.7ppg, 91 3's

Zach Bledsoe 10.7ppg, 79 3's

VB:

Colton Simmons: under 10ppg, 56 3's

I am in no way saying the kid can't shoot, only that you cannot look at these stats and say he can shoot with anybody on NCS.

I think tonights game will simply come down who makes the least amount of mistakes. On paper NCS avg's 60.3ppg/allows 45.9ppg, VB avg's 67.9ppg/allows 57.1ppg. Both have a margin of victory over 10. VB has Baker and Smith who avg 41.9ppg, NCS has Anderson, Elkins, and Bledsoe who avg 42.9ppg. Both teams have experience and leadership. And there is no question they are both deserving of all thier accomplishments so far. Also, both were undefeated in district play during the regular season.

So, I think that it's going to be a great game, but due to stats, I'm still picking NCS by 4 or less.

McEwen folks are still on here.... I didn't make to the VB, had to work... It seems to be a pretty evenly matched game... player for player... I will give NCS the edge having Coach Anderson... hall of fame coach 1 win away from 1000, I am sure he wants this one pretty bad for more than one reason... I'll go with NCS over VB by something like 64 - 55...

I'll give you that Baker will be tough for NCS to guard, I believe Baker's ppg is 21.8, which is impressive in itslef, not to mention another post player for VB averages 20ppg. I think Davidson for NCS has a big task tonight.

Howerver, you took it a bit to far saying that Simmons can shoot with anybody on NCS. Let me give you a few stats:

NCS:

Caden Anderson 16.5 ppg, 107 3's

Bradley Elkins 15.7ppg, 91 3's

Zach Bledsoe 10.7ppg, 79 3's

VB:

Colton Simmons: under 10ppg, 56 3's

I am in no way saying the kid can't shoot, only that you cannot look at these stats and say he can shoot with anybody on NCS.

I think tonights game will simply come down who makes the least amount of mistakes. On paper NCS avg's 60.3ppg/allows 45.9ppg, VB avg's 67.9ppg/allows 57.1ppg. Both have a margin of victory over 10. VB has Baker and Smith who avg 41.9ppg, NCS has Anderson, Elkins, and Bledsoe who avg 42.9ppg. Both teams have experience and leadership. And there is no question they are both deserving of all thier accomplishments so far. Also, both were undefeated in district play during the regular season.

So, I think that it's going to be a great game, but due to stats, I'm still picking NCS by 4 or less.

Trust me the kid really can shoot with anybody from NCS but the problem is that is ALL he can do so people in the district basically face guard so he cant get a shot off. the kids at NCS can create for themselves that's wy they have hit more 3's than him

Trust me the kid really can shoot with anybody from NCS but the problem is that is ALL he can do so people in the district basically face guard so he cant get a shot off. the kids at NCS can create for themselves that's wy they have hit more 3's than him

Ok, I get the fact the kid can shoot. Maybe he can shoot with anybody on NCS. But he's not going to get wide open shots, so I think the fact he can shoot, but only when open, is a moot point. I was always taught a great "shooter" created their own shots. So I guess I'm still having a hard time seeing how this kid can shoot with the boys from NCS, because creating your own shot is part of it.

Good luck to all 4 teams playing tonight. Also, good luck on 1000 Charlie.

VB 70

NCS 68

I dont think you want to pressure them the full length of the floor. Elkins and Anderson handle the ball well and pressing will leave them open for the three.