Region 7 AA Tournament

beavo5

Good...I've told you MORE than once I'd buy you a hotdog..or a coke..or pizza. YOU are the one who has never taken me up on it. Others have..and we have found each other to be quite nice. You seriously took my email soooo wrong. I don't bring my 6yr. old to games because of violence and stuff. THE only way me or ANY other member of my family would EVER hurt anyone is IF someone hurt my 6yr. old. THAT would be the only way..so since you know me WHY not tell me who you are??????????

I took your email just the way it sounded. I bring all 8 of my kids so that they can see the competition. I never seen any violence until what happened last night and I was happy to break it up. Unfortunantly I will not bring my children Thursday becuase it sounds like someone is mad. These boards are meant for opinions and poking fun. It sounds like you look at that differently and i can adress that on Thursday.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depth .................... talented bench ......................... depth ................ Oh & did I mention D E P T H ! Rarely a team comes along that can maintain or add to a lead with the consistencey that D.C provides "off the bench" ! D.C. is blessed with a number of players (off the bench players) that could start at most any high school in most any classification.

I took your email just the way it sounded. I bring all 8 of my kids so that they can see the competition. I never seen any violence until what happened last night and I was happy to break it up. Unfortunantly I will not bring my children Thursday becuase it sounds like someone is mad. These boards are meant for opinions and poking fun. It sounds like you look at that differently and i can adress that on Thursday.

No my friend THAT sounds like a threat. I weigh all of 110pds. I come with my mother(sports fanatic) I ABHOR VIOLENCE. My cousin who cheers was TERRIFIED last night. I had to walk her to bathroom to change. She would not even sit w/her friends and stayed beside me and my mom. WHAT in GOD'S name would you want to address with me. I LOVE HS sports!! It is a good way to support the community and school my daughter and nephew will someday attend. If YOU want to address something to me...you can have my email address. Anyone that knows me can tell you me..nor my family is any kind of threat. If you are an officer of the law...you should be ashamed..not me. Mister I have a good sense of humor..and thought you did too. I've never meant harm in anything. But I won't be bullied..no sense in that and it SEEMS like that is what you are trying to do...commenting on your uniform. THAT is an abuse of power in my book. Like I said meet me...then you can make your judements about me...you will probably have a good laugh over it. Heck man I'd even buy all 8 of your kids hotdogs.

Ok. I don't post much, in fact, hardly ever. I normally just read to see what others are saying. But, I cannot just let the above remarks slide without comment.

Dyer County has a great team this year, hence the record, hence the #1 ranking. Yes, we have beaten some teams by rather large margins. I can even see how someone, especially if not at the games, might think the coaches run up the score. In most cases however, the first string players build a lead and then the second and thirds maintain it. Yes, they continue to press. Do you ask young players without much game time not to play the game that your team runs just because you have a lead? These kids are trying to learn!

Last night, however, was different. Firstly, I would not call 24 pts "running up the score". DC was up by 15 after only three minutes of play and won by 24. Yes the starters and main subs played the whole game, but with good reason. At one point early in the second half DC had gone up 26 and, with three starters still in, Covington cut the lead to 12 within two minutes. Now, tell me you wouldn't have left your starters in. I have taken beatings in several sports, well worse than 24 pts, and never felt the score was "run up" on me.

With the abuse some of these DC players and coaches have recieved throughout this year, I feel that they act in a very sportsmanlike manner. They DO NOT "run up score", they are just deep enough to get a lead early and then maintain it.

The DC v Haywood game should be a good one. I just hope maturity prevails no matter what the outcome. I am absolutely sure that, win or lose, the DC players and coaches when it comes time to will be respectful to the other team when it comes time to shake hands at the end.

best post i have read in several pages

No my friend THAT sounds like a threat. I weigh all of 110pds. I come with my mother(sports fanatic) I ABHOR VIOLENCE. My cousin who cheers was TERRIFIED last night. I had to walk her to bathroom to change. She would not even sit w/her friends and stayed beside me and my mom. WHAT in GOD'S name would you want to address with me. I LOVE HS sports!! It is a good way to support the community and school my daughter and nephew will someday attend. If YOU want to address something to me...you can have my email address. Anyone that knows me can tell you me..nor my family is any kind of threat. If you are an officer of the law...you should be ashamed..not me. Mister I have a good sense of humor..and thought you did too. I've never meant harm in anything. But I won't be bullied..no sense in that and it SEEMS like that is what you are trying to do...commenting on your uniform. THAT is an abuse of power in my book. Like I said meet me...then you can make your judements about me...you will probably have a good laugh over it. Heck man I'd even buy all 8 of your kids hotdogs.

I never said I was an officer of the law. You can wear a uniform and not be an officer. You can wear a cheerleading uniform, basketball uniform, UPS uniform, a uniform for someone who delivers uniforms a frito-lay uniform or you can be uniform in the way you dress. When I said address it means to address a situation or you can address an envelope, a golf ball, a person, an email or a salute is a kind of address. I will meet you Thursday and I will take you up on the hotdogs though. I get real hungry at the games. I like ketchup though no mustard.

I never said I was an officer of the law. You can wear a uniform and not be an officer. You can wear a cheerleading uniform, basketball uniform, UPS uniform, a uniform for someone who delivers uniforms a frito-lay uniform or you can be uniform in the way you dress. When I said address it means to address a situation or you can address an envelope, a golf ball, a person, an email or a salute is a kind of address. I will meet you Thursday and I will take you up on the hotdogs though. I get real hungry at the games. I like ketchup though no mustard.

Well like I said ..find me. YOU might actually like me...many do /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I've said more than once I'd buy you one. I wear the same thing every game...getting superstitious about it...and yes I DO have more clothes AND a ROCKIN HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!!

Depth .................... talented bench ......................... depth ................ Oh & did I mention D E P T H ! Rarely a team comes along that can maintain or add to a lead with the consistencey that D.C provides "off the bench" ! D.C. is blessed with a number of players (off the bench players) that could start at most any high school in most any classification.

DEPTH...just one more time for good measure. Really seen alot of soph. and fresh. play last couple of games. Good to see the talent coming up the ranks..and it is there. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!! I feel confident in saying Haywood will give us a much tougher game than D'burg saw. Their coach watched our game..he will have them ready. Will they be ready enough for the Choctaws??? Only time will tell..never make predictions this time of year. I'm excited to see the Blake/Taylor matchup. It WILL be one to watch.

Nope you never said you were an officer of the law and the only reason she thought you were is not because of the uniform statement but because of the statement that you broke it up! and from my vantage point which was close to her vantage point the only people on the floor besides the players and coaches from both DC and Covington were Police Officers so if you aren't a Police Officer then you are either a player or coach from DC or Covington!

Nope you never said you were an officer of the law and the only reason she thought you were is not because of the uniform statement but because of the statement that you broke it up! and from my vantage point which was close to her vantage point the only people on the floor besides the players and coaches from both DC and Covington were Police Officers so if you aren't a Police Officer then you are either a player or coach from DC or Covington!

Well now that would be VERY interesting...to say the least. Geez only weapon I carry would be hairspray...well I do have a lighter. Guess if you combined the two you would get some fire power /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Guess perfume would work too if I was in a jam.probably would burn the eyes. Beavo...do I look threatening or viscious?????? I personally don't think so. I can dance though...not that it has anything to do with anything. Oh yeah.....GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now that would be VERY interesting...to say the least. Geez only weapon I carry would be hairspray...well I do have a lighter. Guess if you combined the two you would get some fire power /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Guess perfume would work too if I was in a jam.probably would burn the eyes. Beavo...do I look threatening or viscious?????? I personally don't think so. I can dance though...not that it has anything to do with anything. Oh yeah.....GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saintknute i would watch out this woman is viscious i personally have met her WATCH OUT RUN AWAY /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Not really she is nice as nice can be!!! GO CHOCTAWS!!!!

The finals are set... Haywood vs. Dyer Co. who would be the home team in this game? and how is that decided? just would like to know its suppose to be a "neutral" court and i believe even though it is @ Haywood High School that it will still be a "neutral" court! Great matchup of West TN talent outside of Memphis Taylor/Blake should be a good game! Who wins?

I believe they flip a coin to see who is home team. Since the are both No.1 seeds. I believe DC wins in a big way. Haywood only has the big kid, and he is a hoss, but not hoss enough. It could get ugly early. Dyer Co. has peeked at the right time. I just don't see how they can lose. Anythings possible but not probable.