Rutledge Baseball

Grizzleypower

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Rutledge Baseball must be dead! Maybe they should just take the year off and practice so that they will be ready for the new school. Since every player from last years team has left the cupboard must be bare. I am being a little sarcastic here. Every team in the district is improving but people should not count Rutledge out. Yes they are young and unproven but that does not mean that they are not still talented. Pigeon Forge went through the same thing last year and had a very good year in the district. Heck they even won the district tournament (well kind of). Pigeon Forge should be the clear cut favorite because of what they have added and what they have coming back. I expect Rutledge to be there fighting in the end along with other district teams. GP, Union, Claborne, and Cumberland Gap will all have something to say before the district is decided. Me personally I would never count that Rutledge bunch out but this could be the year where the former district powerhouse gets roughed up by the teams they have dominated for years (excluding PF). Trust me though if Rutledge is down all the other teams in the district will enjoy kicking them while they are down.

Well, sacfly, what have you got to say about Rutledge now? Hope you enjoy eating your crow!

Let's be sure to give facts only. I don't want to have to lock this thread if I don't have to and start another one.

KevB, don't lock the thread. It's true. Rutledge had one player tossed, and rightly so, but the CG coach came onto the field after the runner and got himself tossed. The Rutledge player "freight trained" the CG catcher and was evicted. No need for the coach's assistance. Later on, a CG runner did exactly the same thing and was evicted. A CG player entered the field running his mouth and was also tossed. The Asst. Coach came out and pulled a Tommy LaSorda in the official's face and got tossed as well. Check out Grainger Today for a picture of the collision. Lucas Cope, the Rutledge catcher, took a lick, but held on to the ball. Webster ran in from the mound to restrain Cope and save the runner from sure pain. It WAS a sight to see!

Well, sacfly, what have you got to say about Rutledge now? Hope you enjoy eating your crow!

Agitator did you read my post? I was defending Rutlege because everyone else was counting them out. I knew Rutledge would be pretty good, they normally are. I just made the statement that if things went bad that others would not mind kicking them while they were down. The district season is not over. If the pioneers and tigers take of buisness they will have a show down for the title in a little over a week. Rutledge does not need to over look the Highlanders because they are capable of beating anyone. They have a fine program and a fine coach. But all this talk about the regular season does not really matter. Baseball is a tournament sport. We willll see how it all shakes out here in a couple of weeks.

Agitator did you read my post? I was defending Rutlege because everyone else was counting them out. I knew Rutledge would be pretty good, they normally are. I just made the statement that if things went bad that others would not mind kicking them while they were down. The district season is not over. If the pioneers and tigers take of buisness they will have a show down for the title in a little over a week. Rutledge does not need to over look the Highlanders because they are capable of beating anyone. They have a fine program and a fine coach. But all this talk about the regular season does not really matter. Baseball is a tournament sport. We willll see how it all shakes out here in a couple of weeks.

Wish Rutledge fans could come up with a new one. Tournament sport? Regular season doesn't matter? Why do major league teams play 162 regular season games if they don't matter?

Wish Rutledge fans could come up with a new one. Tournament sport? Regular season doesn't matter? Why do major league teams play 162 regular season games if they don't matter?

Rutledge fans don't need a new one. They are usually pretty good in the regular season and in the tournament. Sounds like you have been previously burned by the old pioneers. I was not making an excuse I was just simply stating a fact. Since you need a lesson here you go. First off the Major leagues do not play a tournament in which all teams play in. In high school this is called the district tournment. The regular season only matters for seeding. Once the tournament starts the regular season no longer matters. The number one team in the district may be forced to go home early. Now I am not down playing the regular season games or the regular season champion but if you ask any team or coach I believe they would much rather win the district tournament. Therefore I believe that baseball is a tournament sport. Its not how you start its how you finish. Oh in case you were wondering charger it is my opinon that Rutledge plays to win every game whether its regular seaon or tournament time. I just hope that they are still standing when the district tournament is over.

Rutledge fans don't need a new one. They are usually pretty good in the regular season and in the tournament. Sounds like you have been previously burned by the old pioneers. I was not making an excuse I was just simply stating a fact. Since you need a lesson here you go. First off the Major leagues do not play a tournament in which all teams play in. In high school this is called the district tournment. The regular season only matters for seeding. Once the tournament starts the regular season no longer matters. The number one team in the district may be forced to go home early. Now I am not down playing the regular season games or the regular season champion but if you ask any team or coach I believe they would much rather win the district tournament. Therefore I believe that baseball is a tournament sport. Its not how you start its how you finish. Oh in case you were wondering charger it is my opinon that Rutledge plays to win every game whether its regular seaon or tournament time. I just hope that they are still standing when the district tournament is over.

First, it's not just baseball it is also basketball it's used in. Just a way to rationalize not doing good during the regular season. Still standing at the end of the district tournament doesn't mean you won a championship. Be interesting to see how a team would do if they just took the regular season off (since it doesn't matter) and didn't play until the tournament. Baseball is a competitive sport. You play to win whether it be regular season or tournament. Thanks for the lesson, don't need it though. Just out of curiosity, do all teams through out Tennessee get to play in the district tournament no matter where they finish in district play? All about the finish? So if you don't finish first I guess you finish last?

First, it's not just baseball it is also basketball it's used in. Just a way to rationalize not doing good during the regular season. Still standing at the end of the district tournament doesn't mean you won a championship. Be interesting to see how a team would do if they just took the regular season off (since it doesn't matter) and didn't play until the tournament. Baseball is a competitive sport. You play to win whether it be regular season or tournament. Thanks for the lesson, don't need it though. Just out of curiosity, do all teams through out Tennessee get to play in the district tournament no matter where they finish in district play? All about the finish? So if you don't finish first I guess you finish last?

First off this is not a basketball thread so I did not feel the need to mention it. Again I am not discrediting anything that is accomplished in the regular season. In my opinion the regular season championship is a great accomplishment. Winning the tournament championship is a great accomplishment. The reason I would rather win the district tournament is because it allows you to play on. A great regular season championship does not guarntee you anything. Winning is winning no matter when and where you play. To my knowledge all teams compete in the district tournament. And by the way still standing at the end of the district tournament is a great thing because you still have the chance to be the state champion. Now I am just a lowly fan and I obviously I do not know anything about baseball but where I come from we win in the regular season and we do ok at tournament time as well. Sorry I made you so bitter. I hope the last year of the pioneers has a regular season and district tournament championship in store. Charger I don't know what school you pull for but I wish you the best of luck (unless you are playing the old pioneers).

First off this is not a basketball thread so I did not feel the need to mention it. Again I am not discrediting anything that is accomplished in the regular season. In my opinion the regular season championship is a great accomplishment. Winning the tournament championship is a great accomplishment. The reason I would rather win the district tournament is because it allows you to play on. A great regular season championship does not guarntee you anything. Winning is winning no matter when and where you play. To my knowledge all teams compete in the district tournament. And by the way still standing at the end of the district tournament is a great thing because you still have the chance to be the state champion. Now I am just a lowly fan and I obviously I do not know anything about baseball but where I come from we win in the regular season and we do ok at tournament time as well. Sorry I made you so bitter. I hope the last year of the pioneers has a regular season and district tournament championship in store. Charger I don't know what school you pull for but I wish you the best of luck (unless you are playing the old pioneers).

Regular season championship guarantees you play on and quarantees a higher seed in district tourney. Then maybe you don't have to play as many games, Wear out your pitching staff before region, etc. If you don't think seeding matters ask Bruce Pearl. Wonder if they would have been better off with a #1 seed? Oh yeah that's right regular season doesn't matter.

Regular season championship guarantees you play on and quarantees a higher seed in district tourney. Then maybe you don't have to play as many games, Wear out your pitching staff before region, etc. If you don't think seeding matters ask Bruce Pearl. Wonder if they would have been better off with a #1 seed? Oh yeah that's right regular season doesn't matter.

All a regular season championship does is guarantees you the top spot in the tournament. Its a spot in the tourney just like everyone else. In most district tournaments you have to win three or four games anyway so you are going to use the majority of your staff. And if the vols were a one seed they would have been the only number one seed that would not have made the final four. They may have deserved a number one seed but you have to play they hand you are dealt. Humm wonder if the vols would have won the SEC tourney if they would have gotten a one seed. Again proving my point. BUT NO WHERE DID I SAY THAT THE REGULAR SEASON DOES NOT MATTER (just want to be clear about that). All I said is that all the talk about the regular season does not matter. Regular season champions are champions for a reason. All I am trying to say is that ask any coach as to whether they would rather have the regular season championship or the tournament championship and I bet 100% will say the tournament championship.