Tullahoma Takedown Club AAU Tournament (Latest Info--High School Inclu

hammerman2

Tullahoma Takedown Club

The 2008 Wildcat Wrestling Tournament

Date: Saturday, February 23, 2008

Location: Tullahoma High School - 1001 N. Jackson St., Tullahoma, TN 37388

Entry Deadline: Pre-registration only. We will accept no more than 300 wrestlers. Entries must be received by midnight, Wednesday, February 20th, 2008. Must make weight entered. NO changes at weigh-in. Rate your wrestler 1-5, 1 being best, 3 being average and 5 being less experienced. Changes are to be done in coaches meeting prior to wrestling. Email to. weotto@charter.net. Call (931) 455-0774 to receive confirmation that entries were received.

Coaches Entry: 1 coach pass per 5 wrestlers entered not to exceed 5 paid Coaches passes per club.

Fee: Pre-registrations only. Entry fee of $8.00 per wrestler. ($2 goes to Team TN AAU). All wrestlers and coaches must have a valid AAU membership. AAU membership cards can be purchased on-line at www.aausports.org. Teams are expected to pay for all wrestlers they submit for entry, not just wrestlers who weigh-in. Wrestlers may enter only one weight class per division. Please pay and enter as a team when possible.

Tot??” Born 2002 or later Weights: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, HWT

Bantam??” Born 2000-2001 Weights: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, HWT

Midget??” Born 1998-1999 Weights: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 112, HWT

Junior??” Born 1996-1997 Weights: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140, HWT

Middle School-- Born 1993, 1994 & 1995 (*must be enrolled in Middle School) (you may only wrestle in HS or MS, Not both)

Weights: 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, HWT

High School-- Weights: 103,112,119,125,130,135,140,145,152,160,171, 189, 215, 285 (you may only wrestle in HS or MS, Not both)

Time Periods: Tot, Bantam & Midget divisions: 1-1-1 Junior division: 1-1-1 Middle & High School: 1:30-1:30-1:30.

Rules: Modified National Federation High School Rules (Head-Arm Pinning Combinations with hands locked, will be limited to 15 seconds for Tot, Bantam, Midget & Junior). No over-time. Round-robin and bracket format when needed. Fingernails will be checked at weigh in. Must have wrestling shoes. 1st through 3rd medals given.

Schedule: Saturday, February 23, 2008

7:30-8:00 am Weigh-in for Tots and Midgets 8:30-11:00 am Wrestling for Tots and Midgets

10:30-11:00 am Weigh-in for Bantam and Junior 11:30am-3:00pm Wrestling for Bantam and Junior

2:00-2:30 pm Weigh-in for Middle & High School 3:00 pm-finish Wrestling for Middle & High School

The reason behind the staggered weigh-in times is to avoid the mad ???rush??? to weigh-ins that troubles many events.

??? Weigh-ins will be done in singlet??™ or shorts and t-shirt with a one-pound allowance only. Ex: 70 lb + 1 lb = 71 lbs.

Spectator Adult Tournament Pass: $6.00

Admission: Youth Tournament Pass: $3.00

For more information contact:

Wayne Otto (931) 455-0774 or email: weotto@charter.net

Waiver: By paying my entry fee and acceptance thereof, I hereby release all participating groups, and other persons connected with this event from any and all liability for my injury or damages whatsoever arising from any participation in this event.

Tullahoma Takedown Club

The 2008 Wildcat Wrestling Tournament

Date: Saturday, February 23, 2008

Location: Tullahoma High School - 1001 N. Jackson St., Tullahoma, TN 37388

Entry Deadline: Pre-registration only. We will accept no more than 300 wrestlers. Entries must be received by midnight, Wednesday, February 20th, 2008. Must make weight entered. NO changes at weigh-in. Rate your wrestler 1-5, 1 being best, 3 being average and 5 being less experienced. Changes are to be done in coaches meeting prior to wrestling. Email to. weotto@charter.net. Call (931) 455-0774 to receive confirmation that entries were received.

Coaches Entry: 1 coach pass per 5 wrestlers entered not to exceed 5 paid Coaches passes per club.

Fee: Pre-registrations only. Entry fee of $8.00 per wrestler. ($2 goes to Team TN AAU). All wrestlers and coaches must have a valid AAU membership. AAU membership cards can be purchased on-line at www.aausports.org. Teams are expected to pay for all wrestlers they submit for entry, not just wrestlers who weigh-in. Wrestlers may enter only one weight class per division. Please pay and enter as a team when possible.

Tot??” Born 2002 or later Weights: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, HWT

Bantam??” Born 2000-2001 Weights: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, HWT

Midget??” Born 1998-1999 Weights: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 112, HWT

Junior??” Born 1996-1997 Weights: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140, HWT

Middle School-- Born 1993, 1994 & 1995 (*must be enrolled in Middle School) (you may only wrestle in HS or MS, Not both)

Weights: 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, HWT

High School-- Weights: 103,112,119,125,130,135,140,145,152,160,171, 189, 215, 285 (you may only wrestle in HS or MS, Not both)

Time Periods: Tot, Bantam & Midget divisions: 1-1-1 Junior division: 1-1-1 Middle & High School: 1:30-1:30-1:30.

Rules: Modified National Federation High School Rules (Head-Arm Pinning Combinations with hands locked, will be limited to 15 seconds for Tot, Bantam, Midget & Junior). No over-time. Round-robin and bracket format when needed. Fingernails will be checked at weigh in. Must have wrestling shoes. 1st through 3rd medals given.

Schedule: Saturday, February 23, 2008

7:30-8:00 am Weigh-in for Tots and Midgets 8:30-11:00 am Wrestling for Tots and Midgets

10:30-11:00 am Weigh-in for Bantam and Junior 11:30am-3:00pm Wrestling for Bantam and Junior

2:00-2:30 pm Weigh-in for Middle & High School 3:00 pm-finish Wrestling for Middle & High School

The reason behind the staggered weigh-in times is to avoid the mad ???rush??? to weigh-ins that troubles many events.

??? Weigh-ins will be done in singlet??™ or shorts and t-shirt with a one-pound allowance only. Ex: 70 lb + 1 lb = 71 lbs.

Spectator Adult Tournament Pass: $6.00

Admission: Youth Tournament Pass: $3.00

For more information contact:

Wayne Otto (931) 455-0774 or email: weotto@charter.net

Waiver: By paying my entry fee and acceptance thereof, I hereby release all participating groups, and other persons connected with this event from any and all liability for my injury or damages whatsoever arising from any participation in this event.

Around how many matches will the high school division guarntee an indidvidual wrestler. If not guarntee how much is the least amont of matches a wrestler in the high school division will be held in

Just like to comment positively on the tournament and how well it was run. It had its usual tourney blips and delays but overall it picked up speed toward the end and we were out of there shortly after 7pm. I would also like to add that the refs did an exceptional job and called a very good tournament. I realize this is the opposite in comparison to what is normally talked about on here when it comes to officiating, but thought that they also deserve praise when it is due.

The best officials are the ones that are not noticed and we all just get to watch great wrestling.

Good tournament with good officials = great wrestling.

Kudos to all the staff that helped run this tournament. Job well done.

I have to agree. The tournament was well run and officiated. Things slipped behind here and there and there were a few slip-ups with the brackets but they tried their best to correct and worked that admirably. Few tournaments go off without a hitch! I consider it good when I can get back to Memphis from that side of the state for a tournament before midnight and we managed to do that while stopping to catch most of the first and second half of the UT vs Memphis game (all be it we left as soon as our kids were finished but that wasn't much before the tourney should have ended).

The officiating was very good. I can recall only 2 or 3 calls that I felt were very bad (only one in a match I was involved with) and that can certainly be expected, thankfully none decided those particular matches. Actually a better than average day. I had to commend one refferee on the excellent job I saw him do in several matches. This was one of the younger (not HS, but probably early 20's), taller refs. He had several tough scrambles that are often called too early and he did a fantastic job of letting the situations develop before he began awarding points. I watched several refs control the mats and coaches well and that is a tough thing to do. Definitely one of the better officiated tournaments I have been at on the youth level in a while. I hope we get some of the same officials for the regionals this weekend.

Competition was good to as we saw some kids out of chatt, most of the Nashville crowd, and us out of Memphis (that's a long drive for the "west" regional). Several brackets were loaded and there were some real dog-fight matches that were fun to watch and be a part of.

Just like to comment positively on the tournament and how well it was run. It had its usual tourney blips and delays but overall it picked up speed toward the end and we were out of there shortly after 7pm. I would also like to add that the refs did an exceptional job and called a very good tournament. I realize this is the opposite in comparison to what is normally talked about on here when it comes to officiating, but thought that they also deserve praise when it is due.

The best officials are the ones that are not noticed and we all just get to watch great wrestling.

I think the difference was using tssaa sanctioned referee's. They were well worth the extra exspense. These guys are very professional. As much work that goes into one of these things deserves nothing less.

I think the difference was using tssaa sanctioned referee's. They were well worth the extra exspense. These guys are very professional. As much work that goes into one of these things deserves nothing less.

I have to agree. The tournament was well run and officiated. Things slipped behind here and there and there were a few slip-ups with the brackets but they tried their best to correct and worked that admirably. Few tournaments go off without a hitch! I consider it good when I can get back to Memphis from that side of the state for a tournament before midnight and we managed to do that while stopping to catch most of the first and second half of the UT vs Memphis game (all be it we left as soon as our kids were finished but that wasn't much before the tourney should have ended).

The officiating was very good. I can recall only 2 or 3 calls that I felt were very bad (only one in a match I was involved with) and that can certainly be expected, thankfully none decided those particular matches. Actually a better than average day. I had to commend one refferee on the excellent job I saw him do in several matches. This was one of the younger (not HS, but probably early 20's), taller refs. He had several tough scrambles that are often called too early and he did a fantastic job of letting the situations develop before he began awarding points. I watched several refs control the mats and coaches well and that is a tough thing to do. Definitely one of the better officiated tournaments I have been at on the youth level in a while. I hope we get some of the same officials for the regionals this weekend.

Competition was good to as we saw some kids out of chatt, most of the Nashville crowd, and us out of Memphis (that's a long drive for the "west" regional). Several brackets were loaded and there were some real dog-fight matches that were fun to watch and be a part of.

Do you mind naming a few good match ups that you seen over the weekend ? Were there any state placers from this year wrestling. Regions are right around the corner so that should be awsome to watch as well.