REGION 5AA

highschoolgameday22

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Marshall County loss in the District tourney makes for a great first round match against Lipscomb that wasn't expected. Good luck to Lipscomb.

FRA at Giles County will be interesting as well.

Still say Spring Hill should not get home court adavantage 2 years in a row. How did that happen? Maybe CPA can get the Region tourney the next two years. How would everyone feel about that? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

FRA plays Spring Hill and Pearl plays Giles Co. I'm pretty sure.

FRA is the 3 seed in 9AA and Spring Hill is the 2 seed in 10AA

You're right. My bad. I think FRA can beat Spring Hill on a neutral court, but they have to do it at Spring Hill's place. Not easy.

Marshall County at Lipscomb will be a very interesting matchup. I'll have to take Lipscomb at home.

First round winners, IMO: CPA, Lipscomb, Spring Hill, Giles County.

From what I heard about the Giles Co. - Spring Hill game last night, there was no way Spring Hill should've been close in the game. Spring Hill ran a high 3-2 zone and all Giles did was run right to those men. Then, when Spring Hill came out in a man defense during the second half, Giles apparently didn't even recognize it was a man defense. Very odd game to be sure. I think every matchup is pretty interesting, but I see 3 9AA teams getting past the first round. CPA and Lipscomb I think will win though DL will have a tough time with Marshall to be sure. Now FRA-Spring Hill will be a good matchup and Pearl-Cohn-Giles Co. will also be a good one. Both matchups are matchups of teams that are very similar. Pearl and Giles are both very very athletic.

You're right. My bad. I think FRA can beat Spring Hill on a neutral court, but they have to do it at Spring Hill's place. Not easy.

Marshall County at Lipscomb will be a very interesting matchup. I'll have to take Lipscomb at home.

First round winners, IMO: CPA, Lipscomb, Spring Hill, Giles County.

Please don't make me have to watch a STALL BALL rematch with CPA and Lipscomb...Boring!

Spring Hill should not get home court adavantage 2 years in a row. How did that happen? Maybe CPA can get the Region tourney the next two years. How would everyone feel about that? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Except Spring Hill got put out in the 1st round last year at CPA. Never got to play at home.

I agree it should be rotated every year between districts. But it does help with travel for District 10 since they are so spread out.

Except Spring Hill got put out in the 1st round last year at CPA. Never got to play at home.

I agree it should be rotated every year between districts. But it does help with travel for District 10 since they are so spread out.

I understand that that may be the reason, but I still don't agree. I think the travel argument is overstated in this day and age. People commute to work 40 miles each way and think nothing of it. If they rotated gyms and District hosts each year, some years the travel would be greater, but there is carpooling and schools could get busses for the fans who don't want to drive and charge them $10 for the ride.

After all, 'fan" is short for "fanatic". Fanatics will figure out a way to make the drive.

I hated driving to Collinwood 2 out of 3 years for the football playoffs, but I wouldn't have missed the games for anything.

Even with homecourt advantage, Lipscomb goes home early if Marshall Co. comes out firing.

I think it's fair with it being held at Spring Hill every year. It is a good central location for each region and an extremely nice gym. It also keeps Loretto and Lewis Co. from hosting it. Two trips ya'll should be glad ya'll don't have to make every year.

Found out something interesting today. When CPA built their gym, they built it with 1,000 seats so they would be eligible to host a 1A region tourney, which they did a few years ago.

When they were multiplied to 2A, it eliminated their gym from hosting a 2A regional because they are short about 150 seats.