REGION 5AA

highschoolgameday22

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game and atmosphere tonight. CPA held off a very good Giles Cty. team, 51-48. CPA jumped out to an early lead and lead by double digits in the 2nd quarter until GC got hot, hit a couple of threes, CPA got sloppy, and with a basket at the end of the half, CPA led by 6, 30-24.

GC came out fast in the 3rd, played a zone and CPA went cold, and finally took a lead briefly before CPA weathered the storm and got the lead back. CPA never trailed in the 4th, GC continued to zone, and CPA held the ball with the lead. A GC reserve hit a 3 with about 20 seconds to go, down by 6, but CPA was able to run out the clock the last few seconds, winning by 3.

GC has some good players (#24 and #42 especially), Miller for CPA had an off game shooting, but Z Mason was hard to stop. CPA was smart enough to realize they were off shooting-wise, and worked the ball into Z where he was very effective. I questioned GC benching #24 for 3-4 minutes of the 3rd with 3 fouls as he was keeping GC in the game. Also, they didn't put CPA in the 1-1 soon enough in the 4th to try to get the ball back. Will be interesting to see how they do against Bolivar.

Wow, Giles County must have had two awesome games the past two nights. I stayed to watch the David Lipscomb/Giles County game and it sounds like tonight's game must have been very similar. Since I didn't see tonight's game I wanted to see the stats on how the game played out. A very interesting comparison. Both nights Giles County came out slow in the first quarter and then turned it on the rest of the game. They have a very good team and I think the coach deserves a lot of credit. Just for those that care I have copied the stats below. (from The Tennessean)

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Giles Co. High School 6 18 11 13 0 48

Christ Presbyterian Academy 17 13 10 11 0 51

Christ Presbyterian Academy Stats

Player FTM FTA 3PM 3PA TP

David Anderson 0 0 0 0 3

Connor Lowery 0 0 0 0 2

Zaccheus Mason 0 0 1 0 31

Hunter Miller 0 0 1 0 9

Jake Peterson 0 0 0 0 3

Kyle Reeves 0 0 1 0 3

Giles Co. High School Stats

Derico Brown 0 0 0 0 2

Edward Dartis 0 0 0 0 2

Artez Franklin 0 0 0 0 12

Creshaun Holt 0 0 0 0 14

Devin Holt 0 0 3 0 18

________________________________________________________________________________

BOYS BKB - GILES CO. AT DAVID LIPSCOMB, FEB. 26TH

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

David Lipscomb High School 15 6 7 19 14 61

Giles Co. High School 6 16 13 12 17 64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giles County survived a late run by David Lipscomb to win a double-overtime thriller. Lipscomb came back from nine down in the fourth quarter to force the extra session and had a chance to win in the first overtime when Evan Webb went 1-for-2 on 2 free-throw attempts with 4.1 seconds left to take the game to a second overtime. Giles County's Dominique Harney and Artez Franklin combined for nine second-overtime points to give the Bobcats the win. Creshaun Holt led Giles County in scoring with 21 points.

Jon Alsup 0 0 1 0 7

Derico Brown 0 0 0 0 2

Artez Franklin 0 0 2 0 17

Dominique Harney 0 0 0 0 6

Creshaun Holt 0 0 0 0 21

Devin Holt 0 0 0 0 11

David Lipscomb High School Stats

Caleb Clayton 0 0 3 0 22

Reid Hillin 0 0 0 0 2

Joerdan Simpson 0 0 2 0 16

Caleb Simpson 0 0 0 0 4

Brett Staal 0 0 0 0 9

Evan Webb 0 0 1 0 8

________________________________________________________________________________

________

Also for the record you guys got us last night, but I do have to say that I could deal with it a lot better considering your change of attitude. Throughout the season I have been impressed with your talent, just didn't like the arrogant attitude. You guys are much more enjoyable to watch when you do what you do best and just smile while your doing it. You looked more like real winners. Your cheerleaders looked more like cheerleaders without their black shirts. Sorry, I'm being sincere, I just had to give some credit to you guys because of my last post. Good Luck!

Was there something specific that causes you to say that CPA was arrogant earlier? I understand the comment about the cheerleaders, but what have the players done differentl? I have seen them play a few times and haven't noticed anything different.

I don't understand why ya'll are so concerned about what the cheerleaders are wearing?!?! It was a BLACKOUT night! It's one of CPA's ways of showing spirit. Schools all over the country do 'white out' games and CPA used to as well, they just decided to change it up some. Everyone else seems to think the black shirts are great and they think it's great that the cheerleaders participate in it! Get over it already, its fun!

Wow, Giles County must have had two awesome games the past two nights. I stayed to watch the David Lipscomb/Giles County game and it sounds like tonight's game must have been very similar. Since I didn't see tonight's game I wanted to see the stats on how the game played out. A very interesting comparison. Both nights Giles County came out slow in the first quarter and then turned it on the rest of the game. They have a very good team and I think the coach deserves a lot of credit. Just for those that care I have copied the stats below. (from The Tennessean)

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Giles Co. High School 6 18 11 13 0 48

Christ Presbyterian Academy 17 13 10 11 0 51

Christ Presbyterian Academy Stats

David Anderson 0 0 0 0 3

Connor Lowery 0 0 0 0 2

Zaccheus Mason 0 0 1 0 31

Hunter Miller 0 0 1 0 9

Jake Peterson 0 0 0 0 3

Kyle Reeves 0 0 1 0 3

Derico Brown 0 0 0 0 2

Edward Dartis 0 0 0 0 2

Artez Franklin 0 0 0 0 12

Creshaun Holt 0 0 0 0 14

Devin Holt 0 0 3 0 18

BOYS BKB - GILES CO. AT DAVID LIPSCOMB, FEB. 26TH

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

David Lipscomb High School 15 6 7 19 14 61

Giles Co. High School 6 16 13 12 17 64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giles County survived a late run by David Lipscomb to win a double-overtime thriller. Lipscomb came back from nine down in the fourth quarter to force the extra session and had a chance to win in the first overtime when Evan Webb went 1-for-2 on 2 free-throw attempts with 4.1 seconds left to take the game to a second overtime. Giles County's Dominique Harney and Artez Franklin combined for nine second-overtime points to give the Bobcats the win. Creshaun Holt led Giles County in scoring with 21 points.

Jon Alsup 0 0 1 0 7

Derico Brown 0 0 0 0 2

Artez Franklin 0 0 2 0 17

Dominique Harney 0 0 0 0 6

Creshaun Holt 0 0 0 0 21

Devin Holt 0 0 0 0 11

David Lipscomb High School Stats

Caleb Clayton 0 0 3 0 22

Reid Hillin 0 0 0 0 2

Joerdan Simpson 0 0 2 0 16

Caleb Simpson 0 0 0 0 4

Brett Staal 0 0 0 0 9

Evan Webb 0 0 1 0 8

________

Also for the record you guys got us last night, but I do have to say that I could deal with it a lot better considering your change of attitude. Throughout the season I have been impressed with your talent, just didn't like the arrogant attitude. You guys are much more enjoyable to watch when you do what you do best and just smile while your doing it. You looked more like real winners. Your cheerleaders looked more like cheerleaders without their black shirts. Sorry, I'm being sincere, I just had to give some credit to you guys because of my last post. Good Luck!

Just for the record, NO ONE on the CPA team has an arrogant attitude. This is a bunch of class guys who know that every season take a lot of hard work and dedication. We have not changed our attitude one bit from the start of the season. We had a goal to win it all and that goal is still in place. I've seen the CPA guys handle the season with energy, focus and a lot of guts. They know it get tougher this time of year and no one takes anything for granted. To say that we are arrogant it just untrue.

As far as the CPA cheerleaders and the student body goes, they are having what we call "FUN" and supporting our team! They look great in their black shirts and it's a "FUN" approach to the games. You should have seen the student body that showed up for CPA last night against Giles County. All the parents have the black shirts too and I hope we get to wear them a lot more. Everyone knows this kind of season doesn't happen every year. The black shirts and the 3/15/08 thing represent a "GOAL". It's the thing we want to teach our kids. Set a GOAL in motion and then do everything you can to make it happen. See it, dream it, lay the foundation, and then go to work on it. As we all know, sometimes it works out and sometimes is doesn't.

Last thing, we may have had a moment of "shock" when Coach Maddux was not selected as coach of the year at the District Tournament. I offer an apology if anyone was offended. Nothing against Coach Pierce, he's a GREAT coach and a wonderful mentor for the FRA team......but........how often do you take a high school team to a 30 win season and go undefeated in the district regular season, district and regional tournaments. Say what you will but everyone knows Drew Maddux deserved it this time around.

Looking for gyms to play at on monday for sub state shouldnt be to hard. First start at Hunters Lane, for one they have the biggest gym in Metro and nice locker rooms, plus hunters lane loves to host tournmennt games and they do a good job with security, or try Ensworth they have maybe one of the best faculities in Nashville, or you could try using one of your district foes. Pearl Cohn has the biggest gym in the district, good condition locker rooms, and the parking problem wont be an issue becuase it is a parking lots sorunding the whole school. Plus Coach Wharton and Coach Maddux are good friends. Just throwing stuff out there to look at.

Guest bballmom10

As a Lipscomb parent who watched 3 great DL/CPA games this year and a few awesome games last year, the black shirts don't bother me at all. It was obvious the date on the back was a goal and good for CPA they are on the way. The fans can be tough sometimes. I love the good banter that goes on between the student sections, but sometimes kids in a big group take on the "pack" mentality and say things they wouldn't if they were alone. That said, most of the time the atmosphere with the CPA fans is great and it's always impressive to see how many students and parents make the trek to wherever they are playing.

Finally, all the talk about Coach of the Year...This is not an arbitrary decision made by some person in a dark room. This is voted on by the other coaches and I think it's disprespectful to everyone involved to continue to imply (or flat out say) that they were wrong. The coach with the best record doesn't always get the award. But the FRA coach did a fine job and led the team (who didn't have Z) to a great season. Coach Maddux will continue to get recognition, but if he's the coach and the man you CPA fans claim he is, then he would tell you to let this go as well.

Congratulations to 9 AA on a great season.

Just for the record, NO ONE on the CPA team has an arrogant attitude. This is a bunch of class guys who know that every season take a lot of hard work and dedication. We have not changed our attitude one bit from the start of the season. We had a goal to win it all and that goal is still in place. I've seen the CPA guys handle the season with energy, focus and a lot of guts. They know it get tougher this time of year and no one takes anything for granted. To say that we are arrogant it just untrue.

As far as the CPA cheerleaders and the student body goes, they are having what we call "FUN" and supporting our team! They look great in their black shirts and it's a "FUN" approach to the games. You should have seen the student body that showed up for CPA last night against Giles County. All the parents have the black shirts too and I hope we get to wear them a lot more. Everyone knows this kind of season doesn't happen every year. The black shirts and the 3/15/08 thing represent a "GOAL". It's the thing we want to teach our kids. Set a GOAL in motion and then do everything you can to make it happen. See it, dream it, lay the foundation, and then go to work on it. As we all know, sometimes it works out and sometimes is doesn't.

Last thing, we may have had a moment of "shock" when Coach Maddux was not selected as coach of the year at the District Tournament. I offer an apology if anyone was offended. Nothing against Coach Pierce, he's a GREAT coach and a wonderful mentor for the FRA team......but........how often do you take a high school team to a 30 win season and go undefeated in the district regular season, district and regional tournaments. Say what you will but everyone knows Drew Maddux deserved it this time around.

Looking for gyms to play at on monday for sub state shouldnt be to hard. First start at Hunters Lane, for one they have the biggest gym in Metro and nice locker rooms, plus hunters lane loves to host tournmennt games and they do a good job with security, or try Ensworth they have maybe one of the best faculities in Nashville, or you could try using one of your district foes. Pearl Cohn has the biggest gym in the district, good condition locker rooms, and the parking problem wont be an issue becuase it is a parking lots sorunding the whole school. Plus Coach Wharton and Coach Maddux are good friends. Just throwing stuff out there to look at.

Not official, but I have a feeling it will be at MLK.