new Meigs Coach

Umpire2829

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the new Meigs County coach since Mike Martin has gone to East Ridge High School?

I dont know, but i dont think it will come within the current staff. Meigs has a good young staff but not ready for a head coaching position. I think they need to go outside and get a young but experienced coach, to me a coach needs to be a coordinator before he is an head coach, because of the organization that it requires as a coordinator helps prepare them for a HC Position. This is tough decision for Baker. Here are some names in our area to consider-Matt Hampton-Rhea (was an asst. at Meigs before-but unsure if he is ready or even interested) Jason Howard-Mcminn(Meigs grad, but is head baseball coach at Mcminn-a big long shot) Brad Bennett-Bradley(DC at Mcminn 3-4yrs ago when def was great, everybody says he is one of the best def coaches in area-is he interested?) or does Baker come back? very unlikely

I dont know, but i dont think it will come within the current staff. Meigs has a good young staff but not ready for a head coaching position. I think they need to go outside and get a young but experienced coach, to me a coach needs to be a coordinator before he is an head coach, because of the organization that it requires as a coordinator helps prepare them for a HC Position. This is tough decision for Baker. Here are some names in our area to consider-Matt Hampton-Rhea (was an asst. at Meigs before-but unsure if he is ready or even interested) Jason Howard-Mcminn(Meigs grad, but is head baseball coach at Mcminn-a big long shot) Brad Bennett-Bradley(DC at Mcminn 3-4yrs ago when def was great, everybody says he is one of the best def coaches in area-is he interested?) or does Baker come back? very unlikely

I forgot about Brad Bennett, I think he'd be an excellent choice. Very doubtful Jason Howard would leave McMinn. Not familiar with Matt Hampton, although I'm sure I've met him. I talked with Rick Holliday who indicated he was going to apply for the position. I think the fact he has coached all the kids from 7th grade on may benefit him alot. The kids seem to love him. Parents seem to love him also. Would Baker come back to the sidelines as head coach if he knew it was for 1 year only? Regardless of who gets the head coaching position he'll definitely have an excellent hard working staff. Good luck to Meigs County and Coach Baker during the selection process. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I dont even know if he is an option. But i hear his wife teaches in Meigs and his kids play ball up there. Dont you think if he had an opportunity to get a Head Coaching job there, he would take it? Is he even ready to be a Head Coach?

Well I won't be able to talk to him tomorrow since school is cancelled for tomorrow and Monday in Rhea. I don't know if he would, but he is a very good coach and great guy. He would really be missed at Rhea, but it is a great opportunity though.