Miss Basketball

Indian Chief

Good Luck Lashay Davis from Upperman!! Great player, great attitude, great kid and a huge future ahead. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I see no names on the list that can defend Lashay Davis.

There are three

or four that can keep her from scoring, but the steals and passes, how do you stop that?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge, I haven't seen any of these girls play. I'm sure they are all great. Congratulations to them all.

BUT, how in the world can Leah McAlister from Ezell Harding not be a AA finalist? 3rd or 4th leading scorer in the state on a very good team, with several scorers on it. Very strong and smooth. Great defender. Over 2000 points in her career. Has a will to win. Plays big in big games. Note: I am not an Ezell fan, but I have seen her play several times.

Again, not taking anything at all away from the finalists. Just wondering why McAlister isn't there....

jimbo, you've got to see Chantel Poston. Chantel Poston is above and beyond very good. The most athletic girl I've seen in quite awhile and can do it all. If you don't watch her this year, you can see her on TV next year with the Purdue Boilermakers. She can shoot, dribble, drive, pass, block shots, get steals and everything else you want. I know we (Gibson Co.) were playing them in the District tournaments and one of our players seemed to have a pretty good drive to the basket, low and behold when the shot went up, Poston appeared from nowhere and through the ball against the wall. She didn't only block it she blocked it and through it. She is the best all around player in this area this year and worthy of the Ms. Basketball candidate.

jimbo, you've got to see Chantel Poston. Chantel Poston is above and beyond very good. The most athletic girl I've seen in quite awhile and can do it all. If you don't watch her this year, you can see her on TV next year with the Purdue Boilermakers. She can shoot, dribble, drive, pass, block shots, get steals and everything else you want. I know we (Gibson Co.) were playing them in the District tournaments and one of our players seemed to have a pretty good drive to the basket, low and behold when the shot went up, Poston appeared from nowhere and through the ball against the wall. She didn't only block it she blocked it and through it. She is the best all around player in this area this year and worthy of the Ms. Basketball candidate.

No doubt Chantel Poston is one of the, if not the, most talented girls player in the state, any level. When she plays with energy, there is no one who can stop her. Unfortunately, she does not always have that level of energy, but has picked it up the second half of the season, which is why Milan has won 14 straight. She can take Milan straight to the Gold Ball, if she wants to.

We may not see another talent like this for some time.

Take note of Jodi Brown from St. Andrews-Sewanee. She is a FRESHMAN. She's also a great kid on and off the court. Her dad...Big Al...was a legend at Grundy in the 70's as one of the best linemen to ever play at the school.

Congrats to SAS on a great season. Best showing in school history.

DL.

Jodie Browns brother, Greg Dolberry 6'4" 275lb Offensive Tackle also took home All Tri-State and All State awards during his football Career at Grundy in the 80's.

Jodie Brown you get my vote!