Adamsville vs Middleton

CardinalSports13

So here we go again. Adamsville slips up in the district tournament again, and are rewarded with a trip to the friendly confines of Bailey Howell gymnasium. After winning 14 ballgames in a row to end the regular season, Adamsville didnt play very good ball in either one of their district tournament games. Meanwhile, Middleton had a good showing at home against Manassas and already has two wins over the Cardinals this year. I believe you will see a much better showing from the Cardinals than you did last year at Middleton in this same game.

Who wins this one?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adamsville certainly had a very good regular season, but lately they haven't been playing their best. They didn't win the district tournament, which is obviously a huge disapointment to them since they were the heavy favorite. But if you think about it, they really did not come out all that bad. At least they have a shot against Middleton. They lost by 14 the first time and then only 6 the second time they played this year. They should just be happy that they beat Scotts Hill. Poor Scotts Hill must face the Legion of Doom (Manassas). At least Adamsville has a chance to advance...

Adamsville certainly had a very good regular season, but lately they haven't been playing their best. They didn't win the district tournament, which is obviously a huge disapointment to them since they were the heavy favorite. But if you think about it, they really did not come out all that bad. At least they have a shot against Middleton. They lost by 14 the first time and then only 6 the second time they played this year. They should just be happy that they beat Scotts Hill. Poor Scotts Hill must face the Legion of Doom (Manassas). At least Adamsville has a chance to advance...

I have watch Adamsville for three years now. I love there style of play. They have a chance at beating Middleton. I think Middleton is the better team and will win by 6.

I also think district 14A believe Middleton isn??™t that good. They will be shocked also.

Manassas is not looking over Scotts Hill or taking them lightly. I dropped by practice yesterday at Manassas and it was intense.

I read the Commercial Appeal this morning. An article about the Mr. Basketball finalist was in it. They interviewed Reginald Buckner about being a finalist. Reginald??™s comments were ???If he received the award he would call it a team award. None of this would have been possible without his teammates??? If that??™s not a deserving statement I don??™t know 1.

middleton will win this game by 15. i have watched games between these two for years and years and they are great to watch, but as you recall, last year adamsville slipped up and got murdered by 30 pts. and that team had WAY more talent than this year's team. middleton will be ready to play...trust me. they are not taking the game lightly either, and as legend mentioned, maybe that other district is looking at middleton at being weak. i hope so. i hope they do not gauge middleton's season performance on the game against manassas the other night. manassas is just flat out better, period. they do everything they have to put you away. middleton just did not have the horses to make a huge run with them.

watch out for middleton...this isnt unfamiliar territory for them.

everyone knows that the region will come down to middleton and manassas. adamsville could beat middleton, but they are not playing well lately. they had a strong run, but they are playing tougher teams with a lot on the line. they have not handled the playoff pressure in the last two years like champions should. middleton will win, but it will be a close game. i would not be surprised if adamsville won, but i doubt that it would happen.

Well, I definately don't have a problem with the statement that Manassas will make it to the championship. From what I have heard, they might beat the grizzlies... However, I do think that Adamsville has a decent shot at beating Middleton. As far as the other games (TCA vs. Fayette Academy and JCS vs. Middle College) what do you guys think? If middleton and manassas do indeed advance which teams of the two that could play each of them in the semifina have the best chance of beating them?

Well, I definately don't have a problem with the statement that Manassas will make it to the championship. From what I have heard, they might beat the grizzlies... However, I do think that Adamsville has a decent shot at beating Middleton. As far as the other games (TCA vs. Fayette Academy and JCS vs. Middle College) what do you guys think? If middleton and manassas do indeed advance which teams of the two that could play each of them in the semifina have the best chance of beating them?

oh i believe that adamsville has a shot at winning, that is why they play the game. however, with a bad loss to trinity and a struggle against scotts hill, they obviously appear a little rattled and coming to middleton doesn't ease things for them.

the trinity--fayette game will be interesting. they both play similar styles and it should be a good one. jcs and middle college will also be very interesting. i hope middle college pulls it out for district 16a, but going into jcs will be a test. jcs will be more methodical while middle college will rely on their athleticism top pull out the win.

i believe middleton and manassas will square off again for the region title. anything can happen and that is what makes tourney time so great.

Both of these games are very interesting. Having seen all four teams play, I think both games could be coin flips. TCA is on a roll, and one of the hottest teams in West TN. Fayette Academy almost, and probably, should have beat Middle College. Fayette will keep it close, but I like TCA at home. JCS has been playing some pretty good ball as well here recently. They have some pretty good guard play and that will help them against Middle College. Middle College is very athletic, but they make you scratch your head sometimes. If # 15 for Middle College comes out and takes some shots and makes them, then JCS could be in for trouble. Im gonna take Middle College in a close one, because of their superior athleticism. Both games should be very entertaining to watch for sure.

As for the Adamsville - Middleton game, it should also be a good game. Adamsville is scuffling a little bit, but they know what they got to do. Middleton is playing good, and playing Middleton at Middleton is a bad combination. The Cardinals must rebound the ball and try to slow down cheers and murden as much as possible. Should be some very entertaining ball games across the region this weekend.

middleton will win this game by 15. i have watched games between these two for years and years and they are great to watch, but as you recall, last year adamsville slipped up and got murdered by 30 pts. and that team had WAY more talent than this year's team. middleton will be ready to play...trust me. they are not taking the game lightly either, and as legend mentioned, maybe that other district is looking at middleton at being weak. i hope so. i hope they do not gauge middleton's season performance on the game against manassas the other night. manassas is just flat out better, period. they do everything they have to put you away. middleton just did not have the horses to make a huge run with them.

watch out for middleton...this isnt unfamiliar territory for them.

Sorry to break the news to you folks but NOBODY in 14A is taking Middleton lightly....Legend is a propagandist...Thanks to him Manassas won't sneak up on anybody...He has seen to it that people in rural West Tn know about Buckner and Co....

Anyone that knows about Middleton and their storied tradition would be fools to have anything but the utmost respect for Larry Smalley's program...Believe that

I wonder why Adamsville cant beat Middleton at Home. lol!!! (refs)

Middleton is a very tough place to play. And combine that with the teams that Larry Smalley puts on the floor, and they are nearly unbeatable at home. But, I do remember in some recent years that the Cardinals went into Bailey Howell and beat Middleton in the 02-03 season, and the 03-04 season. So Greg Martin knows what it takes to win there. I expect a good game, but then again it could be a total blowout, who knows.

Good luck to coach Smalley and his Tiger squad tomorrow night.