VOLS or TIGERS

volman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... they did lose to Kentucky!! 1 reason UT is behind Memphis is Memphis is "undefeated" but i do remember in High School Basketball... there was an undefeated team in AA from Memphis Booker T. Washington ever heard of them and they lost and who jumped to #1 in the polls yeah thats right DC another orange and white team... not saying that has to do with anything but it should be an interesting game and if they win you'll get my Congrats but it will be a close game like i said before

well DUH!! how do you think rankings work?? lol...i don't think that put the mid teams of the pack at #1! I'm not saying tennessee is a mid of the pack team because they are a top 5 team...I'm not saying tennessee is the best team in the nation either...I don't even think memphis the best team in the nation..there really isn't a "dominant" team this year...but every team wants to be "that" team to knock off the #1 team, which is also undefeated, in the nation so they bring their A game whenever they meet up...

yea...i have a similar feeling..but still have to pull for the tigers..i've been pulling for them the past 9 years...i guess you could say that i hopped on the bandwagon with tennessee, but that's why they're my 2nd favorite team...but i expect/hope it will be a close game..that way everyone will see how great the teams are in tennessee...

Thats true i respect you for pulling for your team even though you have a similar feeling and i did hop on the UT bandwagon too... i've been a BAMA my entire life (mostly football) and recently since Tyler Hansbrough started playing @ UNC i've been following them too... but I'll ALWAYS be true to BAMA though even if they play any of these teams!!! Yeah it will also be GREAT for high school players in Rural TN too showing the talent such as Chism, T. Smith, and Kemp (representing Rural TN very well i might add)

ILL SAY TENNESSEE BY 10+ IF REFS ARE FAIR AND SQUARE= CHISM OR DORSEY WILL SIT FOR AWHILE DEPENDING ON REFS FAIRNESS. TIGERS ARE WAY OVER-RATED , BE LUCKY TO MAKE THE SWEET SIXTEEN..TIGERS ARE FOR THE MOST PART THUGS .WE ALL KNOW THE TIGERS IN TROUBLE LATELY WERE LET OFF ONLY TO PLAY B/B...WHAT A CROCK..GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

a team overrated is Georgetown...not memphis...you know Refs are never "fair and square" so don't bring that up...this is going to be a physical and fast paced game so be ready for missed calls, many make up calls, and nit picky calls just to clean up the game...and be lucky to make the sweet 16? we've made the elite 8 the past 2 years...tennessee made it to the sweet 16 only once since bruce has been coaching...so experience goes over to memphis...and I'm a tennessee football fan...you must be one too...so you know that Tennessee football has plenty of thugs on the team, which phil has finally started doing something about it...calipari told dozier that if he messes up again then he's gone...he sat him out a game and has gotten very little playing time since then...taggart and jeff robinson haven't been in trouble since that one incident a year ago...now what other "trouble" are you talking about?

well DUH!! how do you think rankings work?? lol...i don't think that put the mid teams of the pack at #1! I'm not saying tennessee is a mid of the pack team because they are a top 5 team...I'm not saying tennessee is the best team in the nation either...I don't even think memphis the best team in the nation..there really isn't a "dominant" team this year...but every team wants to be "that" team to knock off the #1 team, which is also undefeated, in the nation so they bring their A game whenever they meet up...

Yeah i know that and wow the hype on this game already COLLEGE GAMEDAY all week i know cause it's an in-state rivalry and a #1 vs #2 but it is incredibly great for the basketball in general in the entire state of TN

ILL SAY TENNESSEE BY 10+ IF REFS ARE FAIR AND SQUARE= CHISM OR DORSEY WILL SIT FOR AWHILE DEPENDING ON REFS FAIRNESS. TIGERS ARE WAY OVER-RATED , BE LUCKY TO MAKE THE SWEET SIXTEEN..TIGERS ARE FOR THE MOST PART THUGS .WE ALL KNOW THE TIGERS IN TROUBLE LATELY WERE LET OFF ONLY TO PLAY B/B...WHAT A CROCK..GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

a team overrated is Georgetown...not memphis...you know Refs are never "fair and square" so don't bring that up...this is going to be a physical and fast paced game so be ready for missed calls, many make up calls, and nit picky calls just to clean up the game...and be lucky to make the sweet 16? we've made the elite 8 the past 2 years...tennessee made it to the sweet 16 only once since bruce has been coaching...so experience goes over to memphis...and I'm a tennessee football fan...you must be one too...so you know that Tennessee football has plenty of thugs on the team, which phil has finally started doing something about it...calipari told dozier that if he messes up again then he's gone...he sat him out a game and has gotten very little playing time since then...taggart and jeff robinson haven't been in trouble since that one incident a year ago...now what other "trouble" are you talking about?

Very true about Georgetown!!!

Thats true i respect you for pulling for your team even though you have a similar feeling and i did hop on the UT bandwagon too... i've been a BAMA my entire life (mostly football) and recently since Tyler Hansbrough started playing @ UNC i've been following them too... but I'll ALWAYS be true to BAMA though even if they play any of these teams!!! Yeah it will also be GREAT for high school players in Rural TN too showing the talent such as Chism, T. Smith, and Kemp (representing Rural TN very well i might add)

lol that's funny that you're a bama fan and actually pulling for orange! but yea..i'm from humboldt and got the chance to actually see chism, tyler smith, and willie kemp play...this is whenever we were in AA in 04-05...which we played bolivar during the season and put out giles co. in substate...

Yeah i know that and wow the hype on this game already COLLEGE GAMEDAY all week i know cause it's an in-state rivalry and a #1 vs #2 but it is incredibly great for the basketball in general in the entire state of TN

lol...it's an early State Championship!

lol that's funny that you're a bama fan and actually pulling for orange! but yea..i'm from humboldt and got the chance to actually see chism, tyler smith, and willie kemp play...this is whenever we were in AA in 04-05...which we played bolivar during the season and put out giles co. in substate...lol...it's an early State Championship!

yeah it is funny but its only cause of Tyler Smith i saw him play @ Christmas tourny @ DC... wow he is still to this day one of the best dunkers in high school that i've ever seen personally.... yeah it is an early state championship but in March comes the real state championship... i'm pulling for humboldt in A i did last year too there were a bunch of BAD calls when yall played Temple!

so you're saying that rose, anderson, cdr, kemp, or andre allen can't break the press? lol!! all we need is 3 of them out there...then have dozier or taggart sit at halfcourt so if we do get trapped then we just have to throw it up to them...i am a tennessee football fan, so i bleed orange during the football season...but when it comes to basketball i have memphis as my favorite and tennessee my 2nd favorite...but why do you say that we should've lost to UAB? they had a chance to win it...but couldn't close it out...they even had a better field goal and free throw percentage!! but i predict the score to be 83-79 memphis...lofton finishes with 21 and cdr finishes with 25

Wow.. How nice it is to be a UT football fan but pull for Memphis in bball. You don't bleed orange for football, you bleed nothing. You are either all vol or not.

...#2 tennessee lost to an unranked kentucky team (14-10) by 6...yes it was at kentucky...memphis played at UAB (18-8)...UAB has given memphis trouble in the past...UAB also beat kentucky at kentucky...o...just random before you bring up our conference...houston also beat kentucky, by 14...now on to how memphis is going to beat tennessee...memphis has more size and depth in size so they'll dominate down low...i can see us running a half-court press/trap then dropping back into man with anderson (6'6) guarding lofton (6'2)...i've already talked about beating the press in the earlier post...offensively i expect tennessee to shut down CDR, but not completely because of the mismatches he is able to create, so he'll get his share of points...memphis starts off slow every game so i'm not going to be completely worried if tennessee pulls out to a 7-10 point lead early...i'm just ready to see who's going to be guarding who tomorrow night!!

True Tennesse lost to Kentucky. However, you failed to mention that UAB and Houston won in December; back when Kentucky was still having major issues missing some players and had injuries. The KY team that beat TN was a ton better then the KY team that played Houston and UAB early. Also KY lost to Miss ST, Florida, and Vandy and TN beat them all, so your logic means nada. Face it, you are a Memphis fan and are now banned from calling yourself a UT football backer. It is like all my friends in middle school that liked Notre Dame or Florida State because they were #1, now they don't back them. You can't pick and choose. It is like those old KY fans that like KY bball but like TN football, how easy Same here. Pick a side.

Wow.. How nice it is to be a UT football fan but pull for Memphis in bball. You don't bleed orange for football, you bleed nothing. You are either all vol or not.

True Tennesse lost to Kentucky. However, you failed to mention that UAB and Houston won in December; back when Kentucky was still having major issues missing some players and had injuries. The KY team that beat TN was a ton better then the KY team that played Houston and UAB early. Also KY lost to Miss ST, Florida, and Vandy and TN beat them all, so your logic means nada. Face it, you are a Memphis fan and are now banned from calling yourself a UT football backer. It is like all my friends in middle school that liked Notre Dame or Florida State because they were #1, now they don't back them. You can't pick and choose. It is like those old KY fans that like KY bball but like TN football, how easy Same here. Pick a side.

so you're telling me that you were a fan of tennessee men's basketball all of your life? ...yea right lol...I have been a tennessee fan ever since I was born! I've supported the football team, lady vols softball and basketball team, and even the baseball team...men's basketball just got its stuff bask together, so thats why they're my 2nd team...I'm not just going to all of a sudden go on and say "hey, tennessee basketball is good again so I guess I'll have to jump on the bandwagon and start pulling for them." No....I've been a memphis fan for a while now and don't plan on changing it

"It is like those old KY fans that like KY bball but like TN football, how easy Same here. Pick a side."...yea...I've been a tennessee football fan ever since you've been alive since you bring up middle school as if it were not too long ago..."It is like all my friends in middle school that liked Notre Dame or Florida State because they were #1, now they don't back them." I've supported the tigers the past 10 years...so...that explains that...