VOLS or TIGERS

volman

I don't guess I'll get an answer from frankie...I was just seting him up to see if he held the Vol football team to the same standard as the Memphis basketball team. By the way I Like the Vols. I'm just for Memphis in this game.

yank...i was at the game...kinda hard to reply from there...but no...i was using the vols football team as an example...i'm a tennessee vols fan..always have been and always will be...i'm transferring there in a year...but tongith was a great game! turned out the way i thought it would be, wish it would've been the other way around! tournament time is coming up though!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yank...i was at the game...kinda hard to reply from there...but no...i was using the vols football team as an example...i'm a tennessee vols fan..always have been and always will be...i'm transferring there in a year...but tongith was a great game! turned out the way i thought it would be, wish it would've been the other way around! tournament time is coming up though!

Those gut feelings are ALWAYS right!!

I sorta think Memphis is like Tennessee's football team. I thought most were thugs, however if anyone read the article on Rose in SI last year, you would know he has his head on right. Pearl definaltely outcoached Cal. We should be unanimous #1 on Monday, but something tells me the media still doesn't think Tennessee is for real.

I sorta think Memphis is like Tennessee's football team. I thought most were thugs, however if anyone read the article on Rose in SI last year, you would know he has his head on right. Pearl definaltely outcoached Cal. We should be unanimous #1 on Monday, but something tells me the media still doesn't think Tennessee is for real.

I don't see why the media can not think Tennessee is for real... they thought Memphis was for real and UT beat Memphis so Tennessee is implied to be for real! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was at the game as well tonight! It was awesome! I was the biggest North Carolina fan there!!!! Everyone was asking me who I was going for and I was like North Carolina of course..who else is there to go for!?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> that means you were in the best situation right? Is there any new news on Ty Lawson coming back soon

Not a clue yet. Our plans for next year are to try and get tickets to either Duke @ NC or to the ACC tournaments down in Atlanta next year! Those Tennessee fans around us tonight were getting tormented all night! NOTHING LIKE A GOOD RENEWED RIVAL!

I hear ya there... Duke vs UNC would be an awesome game to go to! Rivalry games are ALWAYS the best to go to cause you can throw the records out the window!

great game, and like i expected it the refs made a big part of it...each team had their calls at certain times but over all i say it was about equal but it really hurts to have the bad calls at the end...but memphis coulda won it if they would learn to stop being hogs, they were hittin 3s in the first half so i guess they thought they could do it the entire game...WRONG...when your not a 3point team you shouldnt be relying on it even if you are making some, it really was disgusting to see these guys have open players inside or just a swing pass away with easier shots but instead of passing just pulling up some of the worst choice shots, terrible. UT really surprised me as well by not having so many 3s, i believe this is the first game iv seen them when by D instead of 3s...good game all around really had me zoned in should be a fun march cant wait.

i am sort of glad to see UT on one part, they play Vandy tuesday and im a huge Vandy fan and i just think this win by UT will help the Commodores have more reason to win as well as give UT a little too big of heads for them head bands! Tuesday's game looks to be a big one as well, i dont see no vandy kentucky rematch in this one but more of a close game with Foster, Oglivy, and Beal making some true statements GO DORES

My aspects of the game.

Obviously the rebounding KILLED Memphis as well as Memphis horrible FT shooting. In the end, the ball should not have been in CDR's hands but in Derrick Rose's hands as he finished the game with 23 points I believe and was making some huge contested shots down the stretch. I also believe Chris Lofton tried to do too much forcing up the 3 point shots. When you are held to 5 points or whatever he had he needed to give up the ball and let him team mates that were doing something do something. I believe both of those teams are evenly matched talent wise and both teams are about even in the bench. JP Prince made some huge plays in the game and was somewhat in foul trouble with 3 fouls. Joey Dorsey obviously did have a bad game and stayed in foul trouble all night.There should be no blame for the loser of this game (coaching, players, etc...). There has to be a winner and has to be a loser and tonight it was obviously Tennessee being the winner. It's nice to see 2 teams in the same state in the top 5 and Vandy hanging around at #15 and #16. Also, it's nice to see the locals on Tennessee Wayne, JP, and Tyler doing well at the collegiate level. Also to the locals on the Memphis team Andre Allen, Willie Kemp, and Pierre Niles (I think there's more on there from Tennessee...help anyone?). Maybe this is the start of a good rivalry and these teams will play from here on out.

Got one thing left for you Tigers and Vols fans..........

GO TAR HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!