AAU State Championships

YOUTHCOACH16

Good point, I thought Eli wrestled 60 or 65? If Im not mistaken he has been down to Chattanooga and gotten beaten before though. Stranger things have happened. Although I would tend to agree he would be the hands down favorite if he is at that weight. I havent had the pleasure of watching this young man this year but he seems to be winning on some mighty big stages. I will tell you this. There are quite a few kids from Chattanooga that do not travel that will suprise some of the better known wrestlers. I know some of the "stud" Nashville area middle schoolers have wrestled some of our kids this year and got pinned. These were supposedly unbeaten and unscored upon kids. According to their Dads anyway. This should be a great event with some great matchups.

I dont know, he wrestled 70 at the Shootout earlier this year. He moved up and down so it depends where he will be next week. You are right though, anything can happen; all it takes is one mistake and you are on your back. I wish I could be there to see it, but I will be in Detroit.

It would be nice to get the little guys from across the state together for more than one tournament. Maybe a state K-5 dual meet. Have each region put together a k-5 team to compete in a 4 team dual. You could run it during the big kid??™s state tournament. You could even do it at the same site. Setup one or two mats in a small gym or cafeteria and let the teams compete. Just another way to get our wrestlers on the mat for some good competition.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to the tournament with Eli King and some NCW kids in Chattanooga when Eli King lost twice. He is a true 60 lb wrestler who wrestled 70lbs in the midget and junior. He lost to Jack Barber from Atlanta Georgia once in the midget and once in the junior division . Barber was the only wrestler to beat him. I heard his dad or coach wrestled him up for the experience knowing full well Barber would beat him. These kids are young, we will see what the road holds for them in the future.

We went to the tournament with Eli King and some NCW kids in Chattanooga when Eli King lost twice. He is a true 60 lb wrestler who wrestled 70lbs in the midget and junior. He lost to Jack Barber from Atlanta Georgia once in the midget and once in the junior division . Barber was the only wrestler to beat him. I heard his dad or coach wrestled him up for the experience knowing full well Barber would beat him. These kids are young, we will see what the road holds for them in the future.

Yes, I forgot about that. I did see those matches. I was refering to a tournament two years ago at Soddy. I think he got beat by a kid his age and weight but he may have been wrestling up a weight, Im not positive. That was two years ago and he's obviously wrestled a ton of matches against quality opponents since then. He is untouchable at 60 if thats the weight he will be in. If he's at 70 like the earlier poster stated then I think he will at least be tested a little against two of the Chattanooga kids.

I'm curious in your opinion which 2 weight classes in the Juniors will Chattanooga not sweep?

By the way, wasn't there a Tennessee kid that beat Eli last year at Father Ryan?

The kid that beat Eli K. was two years older than him. You know you are good when people remember all of a little kid's losses. I think Eli K. is just 8. I am curious to know what 8 year in Chattanooga can beat him.

Tucker Russo is the kid that beat Eli. Tucker has beaten Eli a couple times, and Eli has beaten Tucker a couple times. Tucker is 1 year older than Eli. Both kids are studs.

Is that the kid from Memphis?

Hey renegade....which are the 2 weight classes in the juniors that Chattanooga won't win?

Is that the kid from Memphis?

Hey renegade....which are the 2 weight classes in the juniors that Chattanooga won't win?

If your reply was from Rabbitt it is likely that Tucker Russo is from Chattanoooga, more specifically Soddy Daisy.

The kid from Memphis you are thinking of is Tanner Tidswell. Very athletic kid now in his second year and still improving but I do think he is two years older than Eli. Wrestles for West Tennessee Takedown (Wave Club) and should be at the state but I am not quite sure what weight yet. Should know tonight.