AAU State Championships

YOUTHCOACH16

The AAU state championships are fast approaching and I wanted to get this information out to all the high school and middle school coaches. There is a lot of talk about missed matchups due to the public/private split and all the crazy rules imposed on the various middle school leagues. This is a great opportunity to have some of those match ups. This also gives younger wrestlers that are wanting more mat time the opportunity to compete. In the past the Chattanooga area has not participated fully due to sending teams to the Dixie Duals. This year all of our kids 5th grade and below will attend the state championships. I encourage all coaches to get this information to their kids so that they have the opportunity to compete if they desire. As I have been talking to coaches they have expressed interest in attending but are apprehensive because they are worried that there will not be a big turnout. Please respond if you are sending any kids so that these coaches can get an idea of who is attending. The kids in the junior, middle school and high school divisions must attend their regionals to qualify. Most regions are next week so if you plan on attending please sign up fast. You can go to http://www.seaausports.com/sport.php?c=wrestling for more information. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AAU state championships are fast approaching and I wanted to get this information out to all the high school and middle school coaches. There is a lot of talk about missed matchups due to the public/private split and all the crazy rules imposed on the various middle school leagues. This is a great opportunity to have some of those match ups. This also gives younger wrestlers that are wanting more mat time the opportunity to compete. In the past the Chattanooga area has not participated fully due to sending teams to the Dixie Duals. This year all of our kids 5th grade and below will attend the state championships. I encourage all coaches to get this information to their kids so that they have the opportunity to compete if they desire. As I have been talking to coaches they have expressed interest in attending but are apprehensive because they are worried that there will not be a big turnout. Please respond if you are sending any kids so that these coaches can get an idea of who is attending. The kids in the junior, middle school and high school divisions must attend their regionals to qualify. Most regions are next week so if you plan on attending please sign up fast. You can go to http://www.seaausports.com/sport.php?c=wrestling for more information. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

how many of the chat-town area schools ex: pigeon forge, cleveland, baylor

are gonna be competing at the aau state

how many of the chat-town area schools ex: pigeon forge, cleveland, baylor

are gonna be competing at the aau state

Pigeon forge is in the Knoxville area but Im sure they will be competing. As far as Chattanooga area teams go I believe all will be competing in the Junior age group and down. It does appear that our middle school and High school are going to the Dixie Duals. I think some of the kids that arent competing at the duals are going to attend the state though. Maybe some coaches can post a message and let us know what they are planning. There are at least 10 of these middle school kids that would have been the clear favorite to win the Aau state. I dont think Tennessee coaches realize the opportunity we have with this Aau state. Kids from all the different middle school leagues can finally compete against each other. At the High school level we could finally see some of the match ups from the various private/ public schools.I have always supported the Challenge cup/Dixie duals and this will be the first year since my son has been wrestling that we wont be taking part but I feel we really need to promote our own tournaments and try to make our state stronger. Hopefully next year they wont hold the Dixie duals the same weekend as the Tennessee and Georgia states.

Pigeon forge is in the Knoxville area but Im sure they will be competing. As far as Chattanooga area teams go I believe all will be competing in the Junior age group and down. It does appear that our middle school and High school are going to the Dixie Duals. I think some of the kids that arent competing at the duals are going to attend the state though. Maybe some coaches can post a message and let us know what they are planning. There are at least 10 of these middle school kids that would have been the clear favorite to win the Aau state. I dont think Tennessee coaches realize the opportunity we have with this Aau state. Kids from all the different middle school leagues can finally compete against each other. At the High school level we could finally see some of the match ups from the various private/ public schools.I have always supported the Challenge cup/Dixie duals and this will be the first year since my son has been wrestling that we wont be taking part but I feel we really need to promote our own tournaments and try to make our state stronger. Hopefully next year they wont hold the Dixie duals the same weekend as the Tennessee and Georgia states.

If the people from the Knoxville area that run AAU were really interested in doing whats best for all the wrestlers of Tennessee than they would set thier season to include the out of state dual meets not just the aau ones. Our wrestling needs to include the wrestling that can be done with Georgia and Alabama. In other AAU regions all the members work together to help each member build strong tournaments and clubs. It seams that southeastern aau only does whats best for the northeast Tennessee area. This was the first year that we wrestled in some AAU Ozark tournaments and it was great. The people we talked with were great and the clubs all just concentrated on wrestling.

If the people from the Knoxville area that run AAU were really interested in doing whats best for all the wrestlers of Tennessee than they would set thier season to include the out of state dual meets not just the aau ones. Our wrestling needs to include the wrestling that can be done with Georgia and Alabama. In other AAU regions all the members work together to help each member build strong tournaments and clubs. It seams that southeastern aau only does whats best for the northeast Tennessee area. This was the first year that we wrestled in some AAU Ozark tournaments and it was great. The people we talked with were great and the clubs all just concentrated on wrestling.

The only AAU tourney's that are restricted to Tennessee kids is the Region and State. I have seen some Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and others. Come to the meetings to voice your opinion; One in the Fall then one in Spring.

Each region has its own representative on the state board. The meetings I have been to have been pretty democratic in the way we vote. Each region has the ability to run their area the way they see fit as long as they stay within certain guidelines. As far as cordinating with other states its not as easy as you may think. For example the Dixie Duals is the same weekend as the Georgia state Usa tournament and our Aau state tournament this year. A better argument would be why didnt the Dixie duals host this on another weekend? There are so many post season tournaments its hard to accomodate the schedule to fit every ones interests. Obviously since we are Aau we will schedule around our own tournaments first. The Dixie duals picked the weekend they did becasue of the senior nationals and maybe some other things we arent even aware of. There are a lot of variables involved in this process. Your ideas are more than welcome so feel free to share your opionions.

They're expecting about 600 kids at the East Regional at WBHS tomorrow. A large # are in Bantams and especially midgets, who will wrestle in PeeWee State 3/8, but there are juniors, middle school and some high school kids as well trying to qualify for state tournament 3/15. We have about 60 kids from Maryville wrestling club competing tomorrow, and there are still Blount Co clubs at Alcoa, Wm Blount, Greenback (not really Blount Co, but we like to consider them Blount Co) and Heritage, as well as the Seymour, Sevier Co, Pigeon Forge clubs. I don't think there are many of the top HS wrestlers, but I know there are a lot of good junior and middle school wrestlers that will be there hoping to wrestle in the state tournament.

Each region has its own representative on the state board. The meetings I have been to have been pretty democratic in the way we vote. Each region has the ability to run their area the way they see fit as long as they stay within certain guidelines. As far as cordinating with other states its not as easy as you may think. For example the Dixie Duals is the same weekend as the Georgia state Usa tournament and our Aau state tournament this year. A better argument would be why didnt the Dixie duals host this on another weekend? There are so many post season tournaments its hard to accomodate the schedule to fit every ones interests. Obviously since we are Aau we will schedule around our own tournaments first. The Dixie duals picked the weekend they did becasue of the senior nationals and maybe some other things we arent even aware of. There are a lot of variables involved in this process. Your ideas are more than welcome so feel free to share your opionions.

How can the meetings be considered "pretty democratic" when there are new clubs in the west that join AAU but have no idea the importance of these meetings or their voting rights.

Could this be why one club who wants to host a tournament and keeps getting asked to host a tournament doesn't understand why they keep getting told "NO" when they say "yes we can host on date x, y or z" ? - And, no I'm not talking about NCW!

Listen up AAU, you're not just an "East Tennessee" organization anymore and if you want a unified state you need to look west all the way to Arkansas and remember that everyone counts and needs to be heard before you call your processes "democratic."

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Coach

how or where do we find info on the tourney for middle school in Clevland Thursday night and weights and stuff.cant seem to find that information.I do know there is a tourney for AAU middle school at Father Ryan this weekend for state qualification as well.

Coach

how or where do we find info on the tourney for middle school in Clevland Thursday night and weights and stuff.cant seem to find that information.I do know there is a tourney for AAU middle school at Father Ryan this weekend for state qualification as well.

For information and to register for the NCW Open at Father Ryan March 7th & 8th, go to

www.nashvillecatholicwrestling.com.

The NCW Open is now an independently insured tournament open to anyone. No special cards or affiliations are required.

Come wrestle the best at Tennessee's Toughest Tournament!