COSBY VS CLOUDLAND

cosbybainen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a clarification. The headline of this post says 'Championship game on Wednesday.' The game is actually Thursday at 6:00. It isn't weather related, it was scheduled that way from the start so that both girls and boys championships would be played on the same night, (from what we were told). Just didn't want a bunch of Lander fans to drive all the way to Chuckey Doak in this mess (snow) only to find there was no game.

Highlander family

After the respect coach Shelton and his staff gave our Landers when they were scouting GC, I have a hard time talking smack to the EAgles. Many of the beer-guts and cigar smoking fans from Cosby could take note of these coaches' character. I hope they get the roads cleared up so everyone will have a safe trip to Afton. I say Lady Highlanders by 15.

Jealousy is such an ugly thing there crazydude. When is Unaka going to beat Cosby at anything again? I mean really man we beat yall in Football , for the third year in a row we gottya in round ball boys and girls in Cosby ( the globetrotters can't win at Unaka and your whining about homecourt adv.) get over it our girls clobbered yours 2 weeks before the tourny why does it have to be homecookin when we get ya then.

In all fairness not to take away any credit where it is due but having the home court support is one thing but to blatently say the Eagles are that much better than the Unaka girls , and we can't beat them in the nest, come on now let's not sling any mud toward the players, if these last 2 match ups would have been on neutral ground, the Rangers would have had the Win both times.

The last Regular season match up was terrible, I would not call that mutch of a game. The Rangers played terrible but they had a lot help from the officiating(or the lack of), I'm not definite on the exact numbers but there was around 22 traveling violations alone called against the Lady Rangers, that's not right on any ball court. I've not watched the film on that game but I'm quiet sure that the majority of those calls would not hold water. The first regular season contest between these 2 teams was a 20pt win for Unaka at home ironically the Eagles won by 20 or so at their Home Court in the last regular season contest (imagine that). oh well that's the way the ball bounces (at Cosby anyway)

Now we move on to the match Last Friday, again the Rangers were not up to par but one of the officials handed the eagles the game on a silver platter and they grabbed it and ran. It hurts the game as whole when an official(s) make tasteless call's that ultimately decides the outcome. Granted it was a Win but it sure wasn't a clean win. My opologies if I seem to be making excuses but a game should NEVER be decided by a single call. Both teams have one thing in common, they want to win everytime they go out on the court unfortunately only 1 team walks away with the big "W". Nobody would expect ANY TEAM to perform up to their potential when they are already beat before they go out on the court.

Enough said about that, I hope that the Eagles and the Hghlanders have a great game, may the best team win, I truly hope that neither team gets the short end with the officiating, I know EVERY TEAM will make mistakes as does the officials but the Winner should never be decided with a single call especially when it's a close game. I'm picking Cloudland by 7 with this game, but good luck to the Eagles either way, Cloudland is on a roll

In all fairness not to take away any credit where it is due but having the home court support is one thing but to blatently say the Eagles are that much better than the Unaka girls , and we can't beat them in the nest, come on now let's not sling any mud toward the players, if these last 2 match ups would have been on neutral ground, the Rangers would have had the Win both times.

The last Regular season match up was terrible, I would not call that mutch of a game. The Rangers played terrible but they had a lot help from the officiating(or the lack of), I'm not definite on the exact numbers but there was around 22 traveling violations alone called against the Lady Rangers, that's not right on any ball court. I've not watched the film on that game but I'm quiet sure that the majority of those calls would not hold water. The first regular season contest between these 2 teams was a 20pt win for Unaka at home ironically the Eagles won by 20 or so at their Home Court in the last regular season contest (imagine that). oh well that's the way the ball bounces (at Cosby anyway)

Now we move on to the match Last Friday, again the Rangers were not up to par but one of the officials handed the eagles the game on a silver platter and they grabbed it and ran. It hurts the game as whole when an official(s) make tasteless call's that ultimately decides the outcome. Granted it was a Win but it sure wasn't a clean win. My opologies if I seem to be making excuses but a game should NEVER be decided by a single call. Both teams have one thing in common, they want to win everytime they go out on the court unfortunately only 1 team walks away with the big "W". Nobody would expect ANY TEAM to perform up to their potential when they are already beat before they go out on the court.

Enough said about that, I hope that the Eagles and the Hghlanders have a great game, may the best team win, I truly hope that neither team gets the short end with the officiating, I know EVERY TEAM will make mistakes as does the officials but the Winner should never be decided with a single call especially when it's a close game. I'm picking Cloudland by 7 with this game, but good luck to the Eagles either way, Cloudland is on a roll

I will agree that most of the time home court should be worth 8-10 points for the home team. BUT how can you say that you guys would have won BOTH of the last 2 games. The last regular season game we beat yall by around 30. As for all the traveling violations #34 walks every time she touches the ball and it didn't get called in the tourny game. I can't believe I am hearin UNAKA fans of all people complain about homecookin. I have seen teams 40 points better than unaka lose up there.

Bottom line if you don't want to be a victim of the Nest , win more games in your district tourny.

COSBY BEATS HAMPTON AND CLOUDLAND BEATS N GREEN IN MONDAYS NITE ACTION

I would like to think the Huskies of North Greene for a good year. Everyone who follows this region know's that the championship was played between NG and the lady Highlander's on Monday, it was a great game and either team could have won it. I wish the Highlander's the best of luck for the rest of the playoff's.

Cloudland most definitely proved tonight that they are the best. Now with the regular season, district, and regional gold sitting in Roan Mt. all of the doubters will be silenced. The Unaka fans need to shut up with all their excuses about why they got beat. You got beat because you weren't the better team. The best team is holding the trophies right now. Pay homage to the team!! Whoooooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Jealousy is such an ugly thing there crazydude. When is Unaka going to beat Cosby at anything again? I mean really man we beat yall in Football , for the third year in a row we gottya in round ball boys and girls in Cosby ( the globetrotters can't win at Unaka and your whining about homecourt adv.) get over it our girls clobbered yours 2 weeks before the tourny why does it have to be homecookin when we get ya then.

1st, congrats to the Lady Landers. 2nd, I was pretty close with the points spread.

ol'eagle, no hate or jealousy, just the truth. Cloudland is a very good team, Cosby isn't. And i think this game makes my point real well that when away from home, Cosby is mediocre at best. It shows by getting blown out tonight, and barely beating Hampton when they played their second worse game of the year. As for Saturday, expect at least another 20+ point loss, cause as pointed out before, your not any good away from home. The end.

And the Cloudland-OS game is too close to call, but if I haf to, I'd pick OS by a point or two, cause Christopher is one of the best players in the state, regardless of classifacation... Ought to be a good one.