White House vs. Livingston Academy

BenStiller23

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well boys believe what you want, but I have seen both teams play this year, that's kid of my job....

Unfortunately, I will not be covering that game tonight, but I will be watching Antioch and Hillsboro on the AAA side.

I'm pretty sure that I said LA was more athletic and was deeper, but neither teams bench is going to out play the other teams starters.

It's just amazing to me that some of you think that after watching one game that you can tell who's a better coach, better bench and all the intangibles you can't see in just watching one game.

If you want to talk about your team, go ahead, I would do the same if my team was playing, but don't talk about another team that you know nothing about.

If everyone judged both teams of the last game they played against Upperman, then you would not get a true read of the teams. LA won by 3 and yes I know if wasn't that close and WH beat them by 5. But because WH beat Station Camp by 8, does that mean they are better? NO!

Boys - I'm getting ready to head North for some basketball, everyone have a safe trip to wherever your going and enjoy what should be a great game!

I have received a couple good ribbing emails as some of you know who I am and who I write for.......

Here is my "expert" (I say that tounge and cheek) prediction for the game........

LA by 8

5 post and all on this thread? I tell you radio guy, Don't know how long you have been a radio personality or sports writer or whatever you may be but unlike us biased fans, I think you should thicken your skin. You may not like us disagreeing, but the more you respond, the less the "non bias" seems.

Your "expert" prediction maybe right and I hope that it is, but please don't humor us.

Radioguy, as far as your your assessment of both teams, I have to say that that I agree with you on mostly every level, and reading this forum as an unbiased outsider, I am not sure what was said in your post that made it so biased. Though it was a very fair assessment of both teams.

I think it is funny how LA fans think that Gaines is WH only major option when Chad Neal was the D8 Tourney MVP after torching SC for 29 points. Sounds like neither team played very well against Upperman in their last meetings so I find it humorous that we are drawing all sorts of conclusions from one game.

As far as Gaines goes, obviously he is a large man and does not move overly well and is not a good defender. But he has some of the best hands and footwork of any post player in this area, and that is what makes him a threat. His height allows him to pass out of double teams, and he is not known for forcing bad shots. Also, if LA goes to their "smaller lineup" to take advantage of his inability to guard the perimeter, don't you think that WH will immediately take advantage of LA's inability to guard the post? What may be a good idea on one end of the floor does not mean it will be a good idea going the other way.

Defensively I would expect WH to play a shadow defense, much like Kentucky used to beat UT earlier this year. Every time Dunn gets the ball, I would expect the surrounding WH defenders to sag in to the arch and make it as difficult as possible for Dunn to use his quickness in penetration.

LA will need to take every advantage of every fast break they can, because as good as WH usually gameplans for teams, beating them down the floor and making easy shots beats any gameplan.

WH has the experience, LA has the athletes. If it is a close game late, I give the nod to WH, because, outside of last year's Dyer Co. meltdown, they do not usually beat themselves. LA needs to put this game away early.

And, no, there is nothing biased about this post, but I have seen WH play three of four times, and only listened to the radio on the last couple Livingston games. Just saying.

I am from the district 8 side

Another non biased opinion.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I am beginning to wonder if there are any biased fans for White House? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good Luck LA!!!

Defensively I would expect WH to play a shadow defense, much like Kentucky used to beat UT earlier this year. Every time Dunn gets the ball, I would expect the surrounding WH defenders to sag in to the arch and make it as difficult as possible for Dunn to use his quickness in penetration.

I wonder if the Station Camp coach would say if that would really help any or not...

don't you think that WH will immediately take advantage of LA's inability to guard the post?

I think that TJ Smith could handle the big guy if he had to.

WH has the experience, LA has the athletes. If it is a close game late, I give the nod to WH, because, outside of last year's Dyer Co. meltdown, they do not usually beat themselves. LA needs to put this game away early.

You make it sound like LA doesn't have the experince it takes.

All of LA's starting 5 has plenty of experience. They have played several tough games this year alone against big 3A schools to help them prepare for games like this.

Whether LA puts it away early or not.. They still win this one by about 10.

BigDaddy, if you're going to get to Nashville in time to see the game, you'd better start oiling that bike chain and strapping on your helmet! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Coasting over the hill at Buffalo Valley using the internet via cell phone as I type now. Maybe I'll make it on time!!

Another non biased opinion.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I am beginning to wonder if there are any biased fans for White House? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good Luck LA!!!

Some of us are from Portland and despise all things White House. Doesn't mean we can't recognize that they are good.

I wonder if the Station Camp coach would say if that would really help any or not...

I think that TJ Smith could handle the big guy if he had to.

You make it sound like LA doesn't have the experince it takes.

All of LA's starting 5 has plenty of experience. They have played several tough games this year alone against big 3A schools to help them prepare for games like this.

Whether LA puts it away early or not.. They still win this one by about 10.

Dont ask SC coach for any defensive advice... they are a terrible defensive team.

And if you think LA is going to leave the big guy one on one in the post you are crazy. There will be no handling by any one person. LA will have to recover well from doubling down on the post, and WH will have to knock down some big outside shots to give the big man room to work.

All starting five's have experience at this point in the year. But WH stars are a senior laden group and have been through more situations and much bigger tournament games than LA. Playing tough teams does not give you big game experience. Playing big games does. And I did not say that LA did not have experience, but the edge in that category definitely goes to WH. By that same logic, I also made it sound like WH is not athletic, which would be a ridiculous claim. Just because I have not hailed LA for their glorious basketball prowess does not mean that I am bashing them. You guys need to calm down a bit.

Radioguy, as far as your your assessment of both teams, I have to say that that I agree with you on mostly every level, and reading this forum as an unbiased outsider, I am not sure what was said in your post that made it so biased. Though it was a very fair assessment of both teams.

I think it is funny how LA fans think that Gaines is WH only major option when Chad Neal was the D8 Tourney MVP after torching SC for 29 points. Sounds like neither team played very well against Upperman in their last meetings so I find it humorous that we are drawing all sorts of conclusions from one game.

As far as Gaines goes, obviously he is a large man and does not move overly well and is not a good defender. But he has some of the best hands and footwork of any post player in this area, and that is what makes him a threat. His height allows him to pass out of double teams, and he is not known for forcing bad shots. Also, if LA goes to their "smaller lineup" to take advantage of his inability to guard the perimeter, don't you think that WH will immediately take advantage of LA's inability to guard the post? What may be a good idea on one end of the floor does not mean it will be a good idea going the other way.

LA will need to take every advantage of every fast break they can, because as good as WH usually gameplans for teams, beating them down the floor and making easy shots beats any gameplan.

And, no, there is nothing biased about this post, but I have seen WH play three of four times, and only listened to the radio on the last couple Livingston games. Just saying.

If White House sags in off the ball the prevent penetration, they could have a long night b/c livingston has shooters and Dunn finds them when needed....of course they have to make the shots! Dunn will get his, everything depends on the supporting casts production tonight.

I havent seen the Gaines kid much, but is he cant get back in transition, that will be a big problem. However, if they can get back and he can get touches in the paint, he will score quite a bit.

Should be interesting. The losers odds of moving on at Howard are slim.