How will Science Hill be?

Surf4life

Hey Surf....I've been gone and haven't had a chance to comment. The top players will be Jerome, Nick, and Rahman. DD Hamilton is going to be the heart, not a scorer but will dive and scratch for loose balls. Josh Jenkins, I believe is the nephew of Steve Crowder, old Sullivan Central guy who is one of the all-time great shooters of East TN. Barcell, Frye, & Julius will help the Hill a lot if they know their roles. But it all comes down to the main three with experience, Jerome, Nick, & Rahman.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be going to Milligan next week? Would like to sit down and get your imput on some potential college players. I will be there Wednesday-Friday. Hope to see you there. Let me know if there is a chance we could talk. What happened to Rocky? WHy didn't he go to the state with you guys? Good luck you do agreat job. Milligan is having a team camp in case you don't know.

There's another kid I forgot to mention. His name is Kirk Hughley. He's the one who will be dunking. He's a sophomore. He probably won't start over rahman or ju, but he will be second group for sure. Everyone on the team won't be able to dunk like last year's team, but Kirk can soar. As for the pressure defense...what kind of question is that? Pressure defense is a trademark of Science Hill and it will probably always be. This group doesn't have a star like last year but they have many people who are capable of turning it on.

Is Hughley new? Haven't heard of him. I hope he throws it down when he gets the chance in some games next year. How tall is he? Can you give me the players on SH's team? Also who in your opinion will be the starting 5? Yea man that was a stupid question on my part about the pressure defense. Don't know why I even asked that.

He's not new. He traveled with the Varsity last year as a freshman. He's going to get a chance to show his stuff this year.

Starting Five: PG: Odom

SG: Bradley

SF: Hamilton

PF: Graham

C: Bowling

Second Five: PG: Ongie

SG: Frye

SF: Jenkins

PF: Hughley

C: Barcell

Second group will light it up with Ongie, Frye and Jenkins throwing it up there. Hughley and Barcell will clean everything that misses. The first group will be clutch. Not great shooters, but gets it done when the game's on the line.

Both groups sound very good. It will be interesting to see how the second team responds like last year's did. Will there be any freshman on the varsity team this year? Also is this a group that you believe can make it back to state next year? And how do you think they'll do in their own conference?

Guest williamD

I have seen science hill this summer--I think they are good but maybe a year away--will probably not make the state this year------even though they may shoot better than last year, but will be bigger and slower----didn't show any leadership on the floor-young kids will contibute to make them one of the best in ET but d-b kingsport--is the team to beat---watch greeneville---then clinton- maryville-beaden-farragut exciting year coming up.

DB always has a very talented basketball team but that talent seems to go to waste every year. They have too much talent not to get any further than they do. Charlie Morgan is a great coach and DB has a good program. DB always seems to impress during the summer and they get a lot of good talk but seem to falter in a lot of games. Maybe that talent will be put to good use for them next year.

Don't expect anything new from DB. Same ole same ole. Science Hill will win the confrence and WILL make it back to Murphreesboro. Heard it here first. Leadership will come in the form of DD hamilton. The team is just melding together right now and finding what works. Don't count them out. Although I am partial being a Hilltopper myself.

Guest Boone2345

I agree Science Hill has a rich tradition but it is time for someone else to take the confrence. Boone has not been a top team in the confrence in a while. But last year they proved they could do some damage. I believe they will ride the high they got with winning last year a little and suprise people, namely Science Hill.

They have a great coaching staff with some talented players this year. Hescel is small but gets the little things done for his team. Ploucha, a transfer from Science Hill, will play a key role this year. He is about 6'3" and can play like a guard. He will lead the confrence in scoring. Heard it here first. They have several key bench players that could get up and give them minutes too.

Remember Boone will take the Confrence and possibly farther. Science Hill and DB better watch out. Cause we're blazin a new trail.

Guest Boone2345

I agree Science Hill has a rich tradition but it is time for someone else to take the confrence. Boone has not been a top team in the confrence in a while. But last year they proved they could do some damage. I believe they will ride the high they got with winning last year a little and suprise people, namely Science Hill.

They have a great coaching staff with some talented players this year. Hescel is small but gets the little things done for his team. Ploucha, a transfer from Science Hill, will play a key role this year. He is about 6'3" and can play like a guard. He will lead the confrence in scoring. Heard it here first. They have several key bench players that could get up and give them minutes too.

Remember Boone will take the Confrence and possibly farther. Science Hill and DB better watch out. Cause we're blazin a new trail.