How will Science Hill be?

Surf4life

Ever since the early 90's Science Hill has put together extremely talented teams every year. Last year they had a VERY talented team and a great group of seniors to lead them. I was just wondering how you guys think they'll be this year? I have seen Nick Bradley,Jerome Odem,and Rahman Graham play and they are very good players and have experience. I don't think the Toppers will have many seniors this year. I don't know anything else about next year's team except the players above. Did anyone see them play at the UTC camp? Post what yout think.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

science hill is going to be a very good team--they have talents, height and speed--they had a pretty good week at camp-i think they went 9-3

they beat teams like henry county, chattanooga tyner, and i believe they beat clinton too

they lost to big springs in pa, mt juliet, and i dont remember who else but they have some point guard with dreds that can flat out play

Thanks a lot for your thoughts man! PG with dreads that can flat out play huh? I wonder who it is. I know Jerome plays PG but I haven't seen him in a while so I don't know if he has dreads or not. I think Nick has dreads now but I don't remember him playing the PG position. They're both good though. How did their height look? Last year Barcell and Lorencen both joined the varsity team and they were both pretty tall. Barcell was getting really good towards the end of the season too. How did their defense look?

Aren't going to beat White Station..WSHS went undefeated in the University of Memphis Tournament...they were missing two starters and their 6th man...what's scary is..Bradshaw did very well at the last camp he was at (you can read about it on one of hte other posts) and then two of the other white station high school kids went to the prestigious Blue Chip camp at Georgetown College in Kentucky...one was named MVP the other was named Runner up MVP (my brother told me that and also said there were several future D-1 players)...

I respect SCIENCE HILL basketball, cus they play hard, fairly, and play how its supposed to be played, but it will be tough to beat White Station next year.

Thanks for your posts everyone. I doubt SH would beat WS next year. SH will have a very young team next year from what I've been told, probably 3-4 seniors and only 5 players with some pretty solid varsity experience. Everything I'm hearing right now is telling me although they're young, they are a very talented group. If anyone has anymore info on next year's squad let me know.

Does anybody know if a kid named Emmanuelle Reid will be playing Varsity ball for Science Hill this season? I know he will be in the 8th grade this year and SH is 8-12 grade so I guess he could play Varsity. He is VERY VERY good! He's got great ballhandling skills,quickness,everything a coach would want. He looks like a man among boys when he's on the court. Does anyone know if he's playing Varsity?

Science Hill will be just fine. Every year there are people who say their inexperience will hurt them, and they always push above expectations. You mention Jerome, Nick, and Rahman, but you forget about D.D. Hamilton, Brandon Frye, and Barcell. Some of these guys haven't had their chance to shine yet. They will next year and they won't disappoint. Hamilton is tough as nails and Frye can stroke the three. Look for them to make it to State again. How far they go is up to them.

UNCCJP33 you mentioned some players I did forget. I haven't really seen D.D. play and don't know much about his game so hopefully he'll really be a big-time player for the Toppers. I have seen Barcell and he was starting to get really good at the end of last season. At the beginning of last season he seemed intimidated under the basket but as the season went on I remember how much more impressive he got. Brandon Frye is one I also remember and forgot to mention. He didn't get a whole lot of playing time because I think he was only a freshman but I remember when he was put into the game he was impressive and seemed to find ways to score. And I have heard Frye is a deadly 3pt shooter. Thanks for bringing these players to my attention. What about Julius Bowling? Will he be as productive as Bryson was? Anybody else you can tell me about on next year's team that will impress?

Barcell will come into his own this year. I promise. D.D. has a hard-nosed, in your face kind of game, and he brings great leadership. He's not as athletic but he makes up for it. Frye IS a deadly shooter. Another shooter to watch is Josh Jenkins. He's young but he can light it up too when he gets the jitters out. Julius Bowling will be better than his brother Bryson. Ju has a more well rounded game with the same athletism of his brother. He's one to watch also. I can't stress enough, watch out for Rahman Graham. He has game nobody has seen. He just needs to get out there and play it. Matt Ongie is another. He is a point guard who sees the floor VERY well. Lorencen has been in the weight room and is bulking himself up. There are so many more players that can contribute. But with the 5 in 5 out philosophy at the Hill, if you're not in the first 10, you get clean-up, or 11 in last year's case with that phelps kid. But they are deep this year as they were last year.

[Edited by UNCCJP33 on 7/6/02 5:45P]

Wow man thanks alot for the news on SH. I have heard of every player you mentioned except the Jenkins kid. Is he new? "The Hill" seems like its in good hands again. I am looking forward to games. Can you give me the names of all the players on this next year's team? Thanks bro. Oh yea is SH going to keep up their pressure defense? They are so good at it. And are they going to anymore camps?