State Tournament Pairings

Jumpshot

I've been looking for the state tournament brackets with the pairings for this year and they are nowhere to be found.

Are the powers-to-be waiting for the substates to conclude and then make pairings? State champions could be made by this draw and the TSSAA could become king makers with their choices. State tournament brackets should be announced just as region and substate brackets are.

We all know that these decisions will be made with the almighty dollar as the bottom line!

I've been looking for the state tournament brackets with the pairings for this year and they are nowhere to be found.

Are the powers-to-be waiting for the substates to conclude and then make pairings? State champions could be made by this draw and the TSSAA could become king makers with their choices. State tournament brackets should be announced just as region and substate brackets are.

We all know that these decisions will be made with the almighty dollar as the bottom line!

They're having a blind draw starting back this year (like the old days). The only exception will be that teams from the same region can't meet until the state championship game. Coaches and media all go and meet at the Doubletree Hotel in Murfreesboro...I think the girls draw is Sunday afternoon and I'm not sure when the boys draw will be.

Teams from the same region can't meet untill the finals? I kinds like that. But the blind draw has its disadvantages. Like 2 yrs ago when Bolivar and Mitchell played in the first round. There where all AA Mr. Basketball finalists on the floor in the first round. But how should they seed without the blind draw?

That was not a blind draw. That was just the way the rotation ended up being. That is one of the reasons they are doing a blind draw.

They're having a blind draw starting back this year (like the old days). The only exception will be that teams from the same region can't meet until the state championship game. Coaches and media all go and meet at the Doubletree Hotel in Murfreesboro...I think the girls draw is Sunday afternoon and I'm not sure when the boys draw will be.

THE BLIND DRAW "OLD DAYS "IS THE ONLY FAIR WAY FOR THE FINAL EIGHT WITH THE TWO TEAMS FROM SAME REGION NOT PLAYING AGAIN UNLESS BOTH ADVANCE TO FINALS . AS ITS BEEN THE PAST FEW YEARS IS NOT FAIR TO THOSE 2 TEAMS.

They wanted to change it up I think and make it easier by not making everyone travel in for a draw. Technically, though, they never got away from the draw. They just had the draw before the tournaments and before the teams were finalized....i.e. Region 2A runner-up/Region 1A champion was drawn to play vs. Region 6A runner up/Region 5A champion. In other words, the state tournament brackets were completed (via a pre-draw) with sectional matchups before the teams actually got there, keeping same region teams on opposite sides of course. Either way, you could always see two of the best teams having to play each other early. It's happened in both scenarios in the past...just the way it is. And I don't think there is any way to seed the teams fairly as some have suggested. Schedules and rankings are way too different and skewed. The draw does make it more exciting, though, and it gives all the coaches and media a time to come together and visit prior to the busy tournament.