McMinn Central @ Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

After a slow start we finally put away a fine McMinn Co. team. It looked like we came out a little nervous which is understandable with what was riding on the outcome. Clint West has to be commended on his play tonight. He scrapped and clawed from tip to finish as we struggled to get going. Way to go Clint keep fighting son, and playing with the heart of a champion. Kendall Melton was another player that needs to be commended for his hard nosed play. Probably didn't score very many but played his role very well by getting on the boards and mixing it up with the much taller and agile McMinn players.

Devin Ramsey played the biggest game of his life tonight in the biggest game of his career and the biggest game for LA basketball in several years. McMinn simply couldn't stop him from scoring. Chase finally got untracked and we finally settled down and played our game. T.J. and Todd hit some key baskets and played their usual defense, once again we played as a team and Coach Melton used his bench to finish off a very tired McMinn team. During the 4th quarter the LA DEPTH became pretty evident as we scored easy baskets. McMinn had a very fine team #'s 23 and 10 stand out more than the others. Depth hurt them tonight as well as the outside shot which was non existent. Congrats on a good year Chargers.

Hey Chair, what about that 6th man tonight called the FANATICS?!?! I thought the crowd did their job tonight and was as loud as I have saw at home in a long time. Tonight's atmosphere was awesome. But, despite us hasbeens and wannabes(I am a wannabe /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ), the boys were the ones who had to get the job done! And they did. Great job Blue! Just continue to TCOB! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Conratulations to McMinn Central on a great season. You boys played hard and had a very large crowd for the travel distance. That goes to show they are proud of their team.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at other scores from tonight. Looks like AE and Fulton are as good in basketball as they are in FB. And the bad thing about that is they cannot play each other until the finals being they are from the same region. So we are going to have to beat 1 if not both to reach finals. It's going to be tough from here on in, but when the going gets tough, HOGEYE gets going!! GO BIG BLUE!!

If they can't be in the same bracket until the finals. You'll only have to beat one of them to reach the other in the finals.

Great job LA! These guys are really playing some ball at the right time. Everyone is contributing and just wearing the other teams down. Congrats to the guys and Coach Melton. The atmosphere at LA tonight was amazing. Keep it going. Also congrats to Jackson County.

Hey Chair, what about that 6th man tonight called the FANATICS?!?! I thought the crowd did their job tonight and was as loud as I have saw at home in a long time. Tonight's atmosphere was awesome. But, despite us hasbeens and wannabes(I am a wannabe /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ), the boys were the ones who had to get the job done! And they did. Great job Blue! Just continue to TCOB! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Conratulations to McMinn Central on a great season. You boys played hard and had a very large crowd for the travel distance. That goes to show they are proud of their team.

Yes it was a huge and vocal crowd. When you have a winning team people come out of the wood work lol. I saw several people that I haven't seen in many a year tonight. I had an old has-been with me tonight as a matter of fact. This was his first time to see the Cats in a long while. He was really impressed with the way our boys play. He said that our boys play more of an up-tempo game than when he played. He got to see and talk to Coach Vaughn and talk over the good ole days. He said he was proud that he came and got to see some old friends and to see a real good game.

I hope we get a good draw and have a large following at the "BORO". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes it was a huge and vocal crowd. When you have a winning team people come out of the wood work lol. I saw several people that I haven't seen in many a year tonight. I had an old has-been with me tonight as a matter of fact. This was his first time to see the Cats in a long while. He was really impressed with the way our boys play. He said that our boys play more of an up-tempo game than when he played. He got to see and talk to Coach Vaughn and talk over the good ole days. He said he was proud that he came and got to see some old friends and to see a real good game.

I hope we get a good draw and have a large following at the "BORO". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I too saw some that I hadn't saw in a while. They really do come out of the wood work, but thats ok. The more the merrier. I really think they will travel well to Murfreesboro.

Congratulations, Wildcats. You guys just blew us off the court in the fourth quarter after we trailed by only 2 or 3 after three quarters. Good luck in the 'boro.

Congrats L.A. on your big win. Too much Dunn and Ramsey for us to handle. Also, congrats Central on a fine season.

Mcminn Chargers jus got CHARGED Boys yall played a heck of a game. Everybody from yorks cheerin you on good luck at state

Excuse me for asking, But what was the final score in the Central vs York girls substate game? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I guess since you couldnt get the job done you have to rely on someone else. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> By the way, Have you noticed how no Central fans are on here crying about the refs? Oh well, Go watch your Alvin York DVD and remember there is always next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />