A State Tournament

Clarkrange should be the favorite against Oliver Springs based on the Lady Buffalo's win earlier this year. Of course, Clarkrange will be looking for revenge for last year's defeat at the hands of Oliver Springs when the Lady Cats knocked Clarkrange out of the state tourney and advanced to the state championship before falling to Gleason in the final minutes.

With that being said, anytime you have arguably one of Tennessee's top 2-3 players in all classifications like Oliver Springs does in jChristopher, you always have a chance.

I agree. On paper, especially considering they have already played, ClarkRange would be the favorite.

I would give OS a good chance because they have a superstar with experience and good players around her. That combination can win in one-and-done situation where it may not work all the time in regular season games. I would expect for OS to give ClarkRange all they can handle.

I do not believe after looking at it that OS can run off 3 straight to win it all.

Good luck to both teams, although I am pulling for Wayne County to win in all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw what Wayne Co. has done to a couple of temas this year. If Forest can get on that magical run like 2 years ago, they could easily make it to the finals. As for the person talking about seeding, I think Forest would have been 4 or 3. I'm very nervous about the Gibson Co. game. My gut is sorta telling me ya'll pull this one out. Good Luck to ya'll too.

Such for conversation, who would you seed below Forrest between Jackson County, ClarkRange, Middleton, and Wayne County??

I know nothing about Middleton except they have 1 loss all year. I would positively seed the other 3 ahead of Forrest. And would probably have to Middleton just because of their record.

Good luck Kim to your lady rockets. Can you shock the world again as you did year 4 last???

As someone said earlier and I agree wholeheartedly, these 8 teams should all be so very proud they have made it this far. We all have fun speculating and "discussing" all angles and who will beat who, but just the fact that our teams "made it to the Boro" is AWESOME!!! Good Luck to All "Elite Eight" of you and play injury free. I love basketball!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and I love my team /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!

GO LADY BOBCATS... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Such for conversation, who would you seed below Forrest between Jackson County, ClarkRange, Middleton, and Wayne County??

I know nothing about Middleton except they have 1 loss all year. I would positively seed the other 3 ahead of Forrest. And would probably have to Middleton just because of their record.

Good luck Kim to your lady rockets. Can you shock the world again as you did year 4 last???

The seeding doesn't matter. If you win you advance as you should know. To be the best you have to beat the best. We shall find out soon enough!

The seeding doesn't matter. If you win you advance as you should know. To be the best you have to beat the best. We shall find out soon enough!

I agree with this and could argue either way. It would be nice for it to come down to the best two teams in the championship. The way it is now the best matchups could be in the first game or two and then one team cake walk thru.

Congrats to all teams...

AuntKim- congrats on another trip to the 'Boro. Good luck to your girls. It would not be a good tournament without you. Forrest has a tough first round matchup.

JamieRoper - I am sorry you guys got put out. Gliden should be a Miss Basketball finalist (not that the others should not). She will be a big time player at Tech.

Wayne County is playing better than anyone right now.

Bradford returns to the tournament after falling off the radar the past few years.

Middleton is the team no one knows anything about.

Wartburg is making it's first trip. Congrats neighbors. They may be a sleeper.

Oliver Springs has probably one of the best players to ever play for the Lady Bobcats. Christopher put us out last year. Hoping for revenge....

Jackson County has to be the favorite for the Gold, but GO LADY BUFFALOES! see you guys tommorrow.....

Congrats to all teams...

AuntKim- congrats on another trip to the 'Boro. Good luck to your girls. It would not be a good tournament without you. Forrest has a tough first round matchup.

JamieRoper - I am sorry you guys got put out. Gliden should be a Miss Basketball finalist (not that the others should not). She will be a big time player at Tech.

Wayne County is playing better than anyone right now.

Bradford returns to the tournament after falling off the radar the past few years.

Middleton is the team no one knows anything about.

Wartburg is making it's first trip. Congrats neighbors. They may be a sleeper.

Oliver Springs has probably one of the best players to ever play for the Lady Bobcats. Christopher put us out last year. Hoping for revenge....

Jackson County has to be the favorite for the Gold, but GO LADY BUFFALOES! see you guys tommorrow.....

This is a really good post Buffalofan.......Good luck to your Lady Buffaloes, I am planning on watching this game too, expecting a good one! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Looking at the first round match-ups, this is what I see:

Wayne County versus Forrest could either be a blow-out or a nail-bitter. No one outside of Jackson County has played better ball during the tournaments than Wayne County. They have literally blown everyone away since losing to Collinwood in the District 12A Championship Game. In an earlier post about teams out of Region 6A that had the best shot of making it to the State Tournament and winning a Gold Ball, I said it would be Wayne County because of their size and the match-up problems that size creates for every team in Class A. Not one of the seven other teams in Murfreesboro will be able to match-up particularly well with the Lady Cats. Forrest, with the size they have in the post, probably presents the best match-up problems for Wayne County because they can throw three sizable post players of their own at Daniel, Potete, and Hammonds. Then, the Lady Rockets have a whole slew of guards to throw at Melson and Myers. Forrest's biggest advantages, and it may be the only two they have in this game, is that they have way more depth than Wayne County and their players have been here before. I will put it like this, if the Lady Cats' starters get in foul trouble, Forrest wins. If not and Myers comes out smoking hot from the field like she has been in every tournament game (she is the biggest reason why they are where they are), Wayne County moves on and could do so pretty easily.

Jackson County versus Wartburg could get ugly rather quickly. Wartburg has never been here, and what do they get rewarded with for making their first appearance, well only having to play the favorite for the gold ball. I assume they will try to run and gun on Jackson County, but I don't know if there is a tempo out there that the Lady Blue Devils can't work to their advantage against Wartburg. Hopefully, Wartburg will give them a good game. Since, I don't see that being the case, I'll move on to who Jackson County potentially will play in the second round. Jackson County would much rather face Forrest in the semi-finals then Wayne County. There are numerous reasons why, but I will wait to discuss this game when, and if, it occurs.

I am really happy to see Bradford back at the State Tournament after such a downfall over the past few years. Unfortunately, their stay may be a short lived one. Middleton, in my opinion, will be the fastest and most athletic team in Murfreesboro in Class A. They absolutely get after you defensively, which helps to produce alot of their offense. If Bradford can handle the full court pressure and make Middleton play a half-court game, then they very well could win this game. Middleton's half-court offense is not nearly as good as the half-court offenses of some of the other teams in the Class A field. They rely heavily on points off of turnovers and second/third chance opportunities. Fundamentally, the edge in this game goes to Bradford. However, I just don't know if they have enough patience to deal with all the pressure that Middleton is going to throw at them. If I had to pick a winner, I would go with Middleton, because I think a Middleton/Clarkrange semi-final would be much more interesting than a Bradford/Clarkrange semi-final.

A year ago, mostly everyone considered Clarkrange to be the favorite in their first round game. This year, things haven't changed. However, that same opponent they were suppose to beat a year ago is the same opponent they are suppose to beat this go around. Despite beating Oliver Springs by double-digits earlier in the year in a relatively easy game, I hardly doubt anyone in Clarkange is overlooking the Lady Cats. Why? Well, because of a young lady by the name of Kayla Christopher. Sure, she does not have the supporting cast that she had last year when her team made a run to the Class A Championship Game. Sure, Oliver Spring's post play is not exactly something to write home about. Sure, most of Clarkrange's attention will be focused on stopping her and her alone. But she is Kayla Christopher, who is very likely the 2008 Class A Miss Basketball, and on any given night, she can beat a team--any team. If she gets even the least bit of help from her teammates on both ends of the floor, then Oliver Springs could very well pull off this "upset" for the second year in a row.