Wayne Co. VS JC

VolsFan45

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my predictions come out wrong. But one I made a while back could still happen. That was Wayne County Vs. ClarkRange in the Finals. I believe it will happen.

Wayne County presents some match up problems for Jackson County so I will predict Wayne County by 12. Wayne County fans, do not smile when you see my prediction because I have probably jinked you by picking you to win.

This actually should be illegal. That is: having to play Forrest, Jackson County and then ClarkRange to win state. That is a tough row to hoe. But no one other than JC and CR fans want an all D7 final so take care of business.

My biggest hope is that both JC and WC come out of this healthy. This is like a heavy weight title fight. These 2 teams, probably positively 2 of the best 3 or 4 in the state, get after it. It should be a battle for the ages. Good luck to both and remember this: as hard as you girls play it is easy to get caught up in the emotion of the game. Remember to show good sportsmanship, win or lose. You both are winners and have proved that all year.

Good luck and Stay Healthy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jackson County will win if they keep Wayne County off of the offensive glass, force them to play at a fast-paced tempo, and force them to committ live ball turnovers. I suspect Wayne County will attack Leonard early and often inside in an attempt to get her in foul trouble and out of the ball game. If Leonard goes out, Wayne County should be able to take over inside. Wayne County has to avoid foul trouble and take better care of the ball (a ton of turnovers against Forrest), especially the point guard Myers, if the Lady Cats stand any chance of winning this game.

Jackson County will win if they keep Wayne County off of the offensive glass, force them to play at a fast-paced tempo, and force them to committ live ball turnovers. I suspect Wayne County will attack Leonard early and often inside in an attempt to get her in foul trouble and out of the ball game. If Leonard goes out, Wayne County should be able to take over inside. Wayne County has to avoid foul trouble and take better care of the ball (a ton of turnovers against Forrest), especially the point guard Myers, if the Lady Cats stand any chance of winning this game.

Very good assement, Several of us watched the ball game yesterday basicly said the same thing.. One thing I might not agree with, we do have player's than can pick up the slack if LL get's into foul trouble. These player's are going to have to play their A game and they can because they have before.. I am expecting LL to play smarter ball, she can adjust, Just needs to play smart not neccassarily tough just smart..I see Brown coaching a lil different game than he did against wartburg..I think most of the games We watched yesterday had the big crowd, important game jitters several teams looked nervous and uncomfortable... I believe JC defense will be the key in this game...Who shall win??? This will be a tough one Wayne County is a good team...Good luck Blue Devils......

Very good assement, Several of us watched the ball game yesterday basicly said the same thing.. One thing I might not agree with, we do have player's than can pick up the slack if LL get's into foul trouble. These player's are going to have to play their A game and they can because they have before.. I am expecting LL to play smarter ball, she can adjust, Just needs to play smart not neccassarily tough just smart..I see Brown coaching a lil different game than he did against wartburg..I think most of the games We watched yesterday had the big crowd, important game jitters several teams looked nervous and uncomfortable... I believe JC defense will be the key in this game...Who shall win??? This will be a tough one Wayne County is a good team...Good luck Blue Devils......

To Stang and Devilish...was so cool to meet you 2 yesterday!!! Good luck to JC against Wayne County, ought to be a great one...both teams better bring it on!!! Good to catch up with you too 7A!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Can't wait for Saturday and I have my thoughts on who will be there...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To Stang and Devilish...was so cool to meet you 2 yesterday!!! Good luck to JC against Wayne County, ought to be a great one...both teams better bring it on!!! Good to catch up with you too 7A!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Can't wait for Saturday and I have my thoughts on who will be there...... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hey, Great to meet you too!!! It was a pleasure...Just in case you didn't notice I had my backr i my pocket.. Waiting to spit some in some dude's eye but didn't get out of hand... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Now, I will tell ya something though we get some evil eyes /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Its kinda fun Though....I know the JC fan's are going to bring it ON!!!!! Just hope the team does.....

I think Wayne County having concerns against the press is accurate. Even though Jackson County wasn't impressive yesterday, they put me in mind of Collinwood. They have a dominating player who can step inside and outside and plays with an active motor, and they also have a nice left handed guard. That matchup hasn't worked well for the Lady Cats. On the other side, Wayne County will have a size advantage. Byrd came out exploiting that versus Forrest. I am giving the nod to Wayne County. From the region tournament on, they have played at a very high level with the exception of the final three minutes yesterday.

I think Wayne County having concerns against the press is accurate. Even though Jackson County wasn't impressive yesterday, they put me in mind of Collinwood. They have a dominating player who can step inside and outside and plays with an active motor, and they also have a nice left handed guard. That matchup hasn't worked well for the Lady Cats. On the other side, Wayne County will have a size advantage. Byrd came out exploiting that versus Forrest. I am giving the nod to Wayne County. From the region tournament on, they have played at a very high level with the exception of the final three minutes yesterday.

JC will have to play better than they did yesterday to win the game thats for sure. If they are that cold from the outside again this game will be close, very close. If they bring their "A" game then Wayne County won't be able to advance the ball across half court half the time and JC will win comfortably. Wayne County does have the size factor but they are no where near as big and as athletic as teams like Cookeville, Livingston Academy, and Upperman. JC has always played better against teams that were bigger than them and i don't think this will be any different. JC wins by 13. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Good points. I think in the opening round, so much was based on tightness and jitters. Now, it is about which team can exploit the other team's weaknesses. I think Wayne County has the ability to handle the press, but do they maintain focus throughout the game to do it time after time. I also wonder, if Jackson County's top offensive players are off, can the role players pick it up?

Good points. I think in the opening round, so much was based on tightness and jitters. Now, it is about which team can exploit the other team's weaknesses. I think Wayne County has the ability to handle the press, but do they maintain focus throughout the game to do it time after time. I also wonder, if Jackson County's top offensive players are off, can the role players pick it up?

Jackson County was extrememly off yesterday, to say the least and put it nicely...lol I was so mad sittin up in those stands, wanted to yell at one lil player in particular but I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me in that big gym...lol They have 4 players that usually average double-digits and several more perfectly capable of it. They better get it together like we all know they can. These girls can do it!