Kayla Cantrell Passed Away Today

DCdawg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry that I am just now getting back to everyone but due to the snow, my internet service which is linked through satellite was not working properly. I am thankful that others ran with the ball as far as making everyone aware of the details on Kayla's funeral.On behalf of the Cantrell family, I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It just confirms that no matter how competitive we are on the field, at the end of the day, we are just one big family. The funeral was very touching to say the least. It is doubtful that there was a dry eye in the place.?  The preacher did a wonderful job at attempting to reassure everyone that Kayla's life has just begun. He used a Softball analogy stating that "not only had Kayla gotten to first base but she made it all the way home". The Pallbearers consisted of former teammates and friends.Dickson County Lady Cougar Softball Team will commemorate the passing of Kayla by wearing stickers on their helmets displaying her initials "KC" and her #2. Additionally, we will be retiring her #2 and will frame her jersey and have it on display in the vicinity of the Softball Field at the most appropriate location which will be determined later.? ?