2nd Annual Independence Soccer Invitational

soccerfreak98765

independence 8-0 columbia i quit after the 4th goal

i wouldn't put stock into independence because columbia lost last year to the 6th place team in the district tournament

Independence hasn't been challenged yet, so we will have to see what becomes of them against Siegel on Saturday.

I think they will win out in their bracket and advance.

Shelbyville was a really fast team. Wow. I don't think I've seen a faster 11 players on the field. Ravenwood was just slow at making descisions with the ball... and let's not forgot that Ravenwood "gave" at least one goal to Shelbyville because of defensive/goalie communication problems. Ravenwood will be a good team, they just need to tighten up and figure out how to attack and defend as a team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday:

Independence over Columbia Central

8-0

Shelbyville over Ravenwood

3-1

Friday:

Father Ryan over Franklin

5-0

Blackman over Dickson Co. (2 red cards, one from each team)

3-0

Siegel over Portland

4-1

Science Hill over Cookeville

4-1

Please keep the score updates from this tournament coming!

Tournament has been hit hard by the couple of inches of rain that we had over the last couple of hours. All games have been rescheduled to a few hours later than original. Hopefully if the weather cooperates all teams will get one game in today and their third game in on Sunday.

Saturday

Independence over Siegal

4-0 (Game called after 50 minutes due to storms)

We played Shelbyville in the pre-season and lost 3-1. They're a really good team with speed all around. They use it too with people conastantly running the wing and spreading the field. Sometimes our guys a head start on em' down the wing, but our guys in the center were too slow getting a pass off and they would instantly catch up. Shelbyville could be a top ten team this year.