Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to do a little research on the teams CPA has lost to this season!

Mason County (KY) is a very respectable District 39 team from Ky with an overall record of 28-4... Has 2 guys listed at 6'7 and the rest average 6'2 with a 5'8 guard... CPA lost by 14

South Gwinnett (GA) is an average team in 8-AAAAA from Ga with an overall record of 15-9... No roster listed from South Gwinnett not sure about their size advantage or disadvantage... CPA lost by 20

Chattahoochee (GA) is in 6B-AAAAA from Ga with an overall record of 5-19... Tallest kid is 6'5 with the rest averaging around 6'1... CPA lost by 10

Needless to say they have a size advantage...what are CPA's OTHER advantages??? Do they have a deep bench they rotate?? Can they smoothly transition from diff. kinds of defensive pressure? 3 pt. shooters?? Besides Z, Hunter and David..who else do they bring to the floor?? Are they tremendous ball handler's?? Well we will find out soon enough........you are right Beavo, IT IS GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!! GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!

Does anyone know if this game is goin to be broadcast on tv or radio, and if so what channel/station? Good luck to both teams. CPA seems to have a handle on how to win the big games, and they also have all the tools they need to win. Dyer County has high flyers and speedy guards, and with both teams havin players, coaches and records like they do this should be an ELECTRIFYING game all night from tip-off to ending buzzer. Best of luck to both teams. GO CHOCTAWS!!

I happened to do a little research on the teams CPA has lost to this season!

Mason County (KY) is a very respectable District 39 team from Ky with an overall record of 28-4... Has 2 guys listed at 6'7 and the rest average 6'2 with a 5'8 guard... CPA lost by 14

South Gwinnett (GA) is an average team in 8-AAAAA from Ga with an overall record of 15-9... No roster listed from South Gwinnett not sure about their size advantage or disadvantage... CPA lost by 20

Chattahoochee (GA) is in 6B-AAAAA from Ga with an overall record of 5-19... Tallest kid is 6'5 with the rest averaging around 6'1... CPA lost by 10

I was at all 3 of these games so I can tell you what I know.

Mason County is regarded as a top 5 team in Kentucky. CPA's main focus was to contain 6'7'' 4-star Kentucky signee Darius Miller. CPA succeeded in that goal holding him to 12 points, but too much focus was put on him and it was their other guys that killed CPA, they had 2 wings with 19 points mostly from 3's. Mason was unstoppable and had 35 points, but he was really all that was going for CPA on that day.

South Gwinnett, an talented Atlanta squad, looked very imposing before the game with 90% of their players being in the 6'3''-6'7'' range. Very athletic and very fast but not great shooters. CPA led 8-1 after an ugly first quarter, but after that, SG hit a few 3's and was able to take it the hoop with relative ease. CPA fell behind and could not make stops on defense to recover.

The loss to Chattahoochee is the one out of these 3 that I would say was a fluke. Couldn't really put my finger on what the problem was, just a bad game for everyone and the 3rd game in 3 days on the road. Although it was a loss that left the team wondering, I think what was said in the locker room after that game was the turning point in the Lion's season.

Needless to say they have a size advantage...what are CPA's OTHER advantages??? Do they have a deep bench they rotate?? Can they smoothly transition from diff. kinds of defensive pressure? 3 pt. shooters?? Besides Z, Hunter and David..who else do they bring to the floor?? Are they tremendous ball handler's?? Well we will find out soon enough........you are right Beavo, IT IS GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!! GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!

They bring two other starters that have been left out of most of the convo's on here, Jake Peterson(6'3) and Kyle Reeves(6'4). Peterson can dunk and brings a great mid range shot and layup. Also a tremendous rebounder and aid to Z. Reeves has the three and a critical spin move that has yet to be defended, solid ball handler and critical to the passing plays CPA uses. There are several other great guys on the bench that have size, speed, and even a few more three shooters. From what I can tell, Dyer fans pretty much think they are the fastest team ever...believe me when I say that CPA has seen fast, athletic, and well conditioned teams all year. They won't be in shock when they see Dyer tonight, they'll be ready to get their 22nd win in a row!

Side note about the two losses to the GA teams, two CPA starters (Anderson and Reeves) were out with injury's for those games. I don't think either one of them played over a quarter in those tourney games. Not an excuse by any means, just a little fun fact.

I can't focus at all...I'm just ready to be there! Thank goodness we're only 45 minutes away from there, I would die if I had to drive as far as you Dyer fans do. Good luck and travel safe!

CPA ALL THE WAY!!! GO LIONS!!!

I just read an incredible stat on Justin Blake a minute ago. He'shooting 79% for the season inside the arc and 49% outside the arc. That's just incredible to me! Anyway, gameday I'm soooooooooooo excited to get this game going.

Ding dang...that is some serious shooting. I knew he stats would be good but......WOW!!!!