Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

I'd like to say that I think both teams are great teams. Probably the best 2 teams in the state for their division (unlucky draw for both).

However, I watched the official TSSAA video about 4 times today looking only at the last 15 seconds. When our player got fouled at the end of the game, time should have actually expired right before he was fouled. We took a stop watch and timed it correctly. The clock keeper started the clock late twice, and he added on time. The three point shot at the end looked like a 3 to me, however if you watch the film the ref closest to the shot (about 5 ft. away-great view) called the shot a 2! The ref further away called it a 3, but it was not his call to make. The clock keeper immediately put up 3 points when the shot was made, and the refs never came together to make a final decision. They just ran off the court, but this shot should have NEVER taken place. Anybody that has the last 15 seconds on tape, carefully time it yourself and see who the real winner is. Congratulations to CPA on the win, and to the chacktaw's coach for somehow getting the clock keeper to add more time.

Please stop the insanity. Time to end this. All the talking in the world is not going to change anything. Time to grow up and move on.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop the insanity. Time to end this. All the talking in the world is not going to change anything. Time to grow up and move on.

You're probably right - time to stop the insanity. However, I would like to ask one question - what will happen to the refs and the timekeeper - shouldn't they lose their jobs over this? I don't have a problem with the 3 at the end, it is the time clock mis-management that really begs a question - why did they do it?

Ok im done with this arguing. Agree to disagree. Congrats to Dyer County for making it this far. Congrats to the CPA team for having an amazing season, too bad it was stolen by a great, quality opponent in a game horribly officiated. God Bless the whole CPA team from manager Zachary Lipson to Coach Drew Maddux and the whole team, don't worry you'll be back next year.

P.S. To all CPA students/fans: have a good Spring Break!

Go check the transcript on tssaa.org.The guard from Dyer co. hit a three pointer with 7 seconds left on the clock.

That made the score 67-68 CPA. Then DC called a time out before CPA touched the ball ,but the clock kept running.The refs then paused the game and put 7 seconds back on the clock.DC had to have called the time out before CPA touched the ball because you can't get a time out if the other team has possesion.Now it is over and time to move on.

That can`t be right. We are the sorriest, dirtiest, cheating team in the history of Tn BB. We`re so good that we paid off the refs and the clock dude and get this, he (clock dude) even arranged for Rex to make that 3 ball. Man can we buy a game or what.

I said eariler that CPA was a really good team, and I stand behind that statement, but you fans don`t deserve the priviledge of cheering for a team like that and you sure as h$#& don`t know your BB.

CONGRADULATIONS TO THE CHOCTAWS ON A WELL DESERVED WIN. YOU EARNED IT. DON`T LET THESE SORE LOSERS EVER TAKE THAT AWAY. GO DC!!!!!!! GO DC!!!!!!!!!!GO DC!!!!!!!!GO DC!!!!!!!!GO DC!!!!!!!

Hey CPA can i have a shirt that says 3/12/08

03/15/08 was a goal that every basketball team in TN D1 had at the beginning of the season. CPA elected to put their goal in print on a T shirt for another way the student body and fans could show their support of that goal.

Posters get on here and mock and ridicule these kids for setting high goals. Not a good example to be setting.

Can we end this topic?

CPA's season is over. Coach Drew Maddux and his players should be proud of their accomplishments.

Dyer County's season lasted one game more. Their coach and players should be proud of their accomplishments.

Is there really anything else worth posting?