Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

ok you know the drill coacht posters. lets get the talk of this one going.

i hear CPA likes to slow things down. many schools have tried this against Dyer County, and it hasnt worked. many teams have also tried to run with dyer county and play their pace. that has only worked once.

GO CHOCTAWS! 3 games away from a gold ball boys!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear CPA likes to slow things down. many schools have tried this against Dyer County, and it hasnt worked. many teams have also tried to run with dyer county and play their pace. that has only worked once.

I do not know what Coach Maddox is going to do honestly. But if I was him I would be trying the half court game myself, and on defense I would be trying things like a half court trap. Try and get the turnovers rolling. But Coach Maddox gets to see some game tape of Dyer County, and I have not see Dyer County this year. Just heard about them and it feels like I have seen Dyer County about 10 times now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I got Dyer County by.... TOSS UP! I am not making a prediction on this one. I will make one prediction. The winner of this game wins the AA state championship.

I hope that DC can pull this one out. CPA is an extremely tough opponent because they have a big man in the middle that is probably the best big man in AA this year. I know that DC had some trouble with the big man from BTW last year, but DC was able to pull that game out. Zeke is different because he is relentless down low. He plays like Dorsey from Memphis with his toughness, but on the other hand, he can shoot from the midrange shot, make free throws, block shots, and control the boards. They also have some deadly shooters. I know that DC can run and shoot well, but CPA will not run and they will not turn the ball over alot. The key for DC is that they need to get the big man in early foul trouble and that should ultimately play in their hands. DC can't afford to get behind early against CPA because they play a grinding style of basketball and it can really work against you. Good luck to the Choctaws. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I see DC Runnin' and Gunnin' like they have all year.

Trying to drive down the lane and get the big guy in foul trouble.. and hopefully wear him out in the process.

On defense.. if they have shooters.. I don't guess you can really press.. 'cause that's leaving someone open.

If they play a half-court game, you just want to keep them out of sync, not able to control the tempo.

I see DC Runnin' and Gunnin' like they have all year.

Trying to drive down the lane and get the big guy in foul trouble.. and hopefully wear him out in the process.

On defense.. if they have shooters.. I don't guess you can really press.. 'cause that's leaving someone open.

If they play a half-court game, you just want to keep them out of sync, not able to control the tempo.

What is the evaluation of the starting five for CPA.. Obviously, the big man is awesome...How about their guards, can they handle the pressure? Does CPA have size other than the big man?

They only comparison that I have seen this year to measure up CPA with DC was the Giles county team I watched play... They where fast but nearly as fast as DC and they did not have the all around ball players DC will bring... I thought DC would beat them easily and CPA wan by only 3...

That's the tough part, there's not a comparable game on either teams' schedule. Looks like CPA has played the magnet school league all year in Nashville.. CPA doesn't have any kind of player lineup posted on here or on their website either... so sad.

For those wondering, CPA is on Old Hickory Boulevard in Brentwood.... just thought I'd throw it out there.. saw it on my way to Loveless Cafe last weekend /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

For those staying in town all week.. the Nashville Predators hockey team has a home game on 3/13.. always fun and entertaining /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What is the evaluation of the starting five for CPA.. Obviously, the big man is awesome...How about their guards, can they handle the pressure? Does CPA have size other than the big man?

They only comparison that I have seen this year to measure up CPA with DC was the Giles county team I watched play... They where fast but nearly as fast as DC and they did not have the all around ball players DC will bring... I thought DC would beat them easily and CPA wan by only 3...

I will tell you about there two guards(both juniors like Z), Hunter Miller can shoot the three ball just as good as anybody in the state, he put up 46 against Harpeth. He will be able to find away out of the pressure, and if he can't he can find David Anderson. Anderson is a good threat as well, he can pull up as well, he is more of the emotional player and leader on the floor.

For Dyer County student section. This is the guy to get in the head of. Trust me, it can work out in your favor. But you wont be able to get in Z or Hunter's head. They will just go for 10 more points, if you bad mouth them.

You would guess CPA's "slow, white boys" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> would struggle against fast paced pressing teams, but actually their closest games this year have been against slower paced teams. Typically, when CPA gets in a slow paced game, they start pressing to speed things up.

I will admit that once they get into their half court offense, they will be very patient working for a good shot, or getting Z open. Doubling Z typically backfires because he can shoot outside and CPA will exploit the 3 on 4 situation the double team creates. I know DC has two very fast small guards, but Miller and Anderson's speed will really surprise you.

Sounds somewhat like last years first round game for Dyer County when they played White House...Big Gaines gave them problems...Dyer County obviously had the better,quicker athletes but got caught playing the Blue Devils' style of ball...If DC can get CPA into the uptempo game better than they did WH last year they should be able to come out on top...IF CPA can force their style of ball on DC it could be a long night because I have a feeling this CPA team is better than last years White House team...

Good Luck to Dyer County and GO CHOCTAWS!!!

Remember, DC beat Giles at home, while CPA beat them on a neutral court that Giles had played at several times in their district. Also, CPA had probably their worst shooting game of the season against GC (Z saved the day with a good inside game). Giles defense really didn't bother CPA - they were just cold from outside. CPA jumped out to an 11 point lead in the 1st quarter on Giles, then held on by slowing the game down and working for shots for Z since they recognized their shooting was off.

My guess, DC is better than Giles, but not much, so CPA and DC should be evenly matched. It's all a matter of who plays well - that team should win.

Sounds somewhat like last years first round game for Dyer County when they played White House...Big Gaines gave them problems...Dyer County obviously had the better,quicker athletes but got caught playing the Blue Devils' style of ball...If DC can get CPA into the uptempo game better than they did WH last year they should be able to come out on top...IF CPA can force their style of ball on DC it could be a long night because I have a feeling this CPA team is better than last years White House team...

Good Luck to Dyer County and GO CHOCTAWS!!!

Z is faster than Big Gaines, and in far better shape. His only problem is he gets lazy sometimes. But state tournament, I think he can find something to play for.

You would guess CPA's "slow, white boys" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> would struggle against faced paced pressing teams, but actually their closest games this year have been against slower paced teams. Typically, when CPA gets in a slow paced game, they start pressing to speed things up.

I will admit that once they get into their half court offense, they will be very patient working for a good shot, or getting Z open. Doubling Z typically backfires because he can shoot outside and CPA will exploit the 3 on 4 situation the double team creates. I know DC has two very fast small guards, but Miller and Anderson's speed will really surprise you.

what you don't know or didn't say that dc fast small guards plays defence that would really surprise u