Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

dyer county doesnt talk trash or try to get 'into' someone's head. they ball and let that make their statement. it should be a heck of a game. cpa is talented and has the home court advantage. dc will force tempo and use its bench. btw was big and had great shooters. dc had home court. it will be a toos up who wins. the whole bracket is tough.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the evaluation of the starting five for CPA.. Obviously, the big man is awesome...How about their guards, can they handle the pressure? Does CPA have size other than the big man?

They only comparison that I have seen this year to measure up CPA with DC was the Giles county team I watched play... They where fast but nearly as fast as DC and they did not have the all around ball players DC will bring... I thought DC would beat them easily and CPA wan by only 3...

About the height question: the other two starters, Reeves and Peterson, are measuring in at 6'4" and 6'3" and Miller and Anderson are at least 6 if not over and they can both jump so high it's scary.

Z is faster than Big Gaines, and in far better shape. His only problem is he gets lazy sometimes. But state tournament, I think he can find something to play for.

Z plays to the level of competition. That comes from his AAU playing where he is used to matching up to 3-5 star propects all the time. He actually played with Jenkins (the other Mr. Basketball candidate) in AAU. He is not a visibly emotional personality - even keeled, no fist pumping, trash talking, so some people see that as lack of hustle. he doesn't tire easily because he conserves his energy and goes about his business.

Last year, he would "disappear" at times and not hustle as he should. This year he has rarely done that - especially in big games against good competition.

You would guess CPA's "slow, white boys" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> would struggle against faced paced pressing teams, but actually their closest games this year have been against slower paced teams. Typically, when CPA gets in a slow paced game, they start pressing to speed things up.

I will admit that once they get into their half court offense, they will be very patient working for a good shot, or getting Z open. Doubling Z typically backfires because he can shoot outside and CPA will exploit the 3 on 4 situation the double team creates. I know DC has two very fast small guards, but Miller and Anderson's speed will really surprise you.

Only 2 very fast small guards? Seriously?? Come on man!! C.J. (our #1 guard great ball handler and has handled all pressure thrown at him this year) and Deangelo (everyone calls him "D" not because of his name but because he is our #1 Defender... his speed creates a lockdown type in your face defense... lately "D" has found his range so any of the guys on the floor can shoot it from 3) are very fast but so is the rest of the team that includes Justin Blake (he can also shoot the ball from anywhere), Dejuan Taylor (the heart of a lion our post player), Jeremy Kimble (rebounding machine and alot of heart as well), and off of the bench Rex Pierce (don't leave this guy open from 3), Thomas Cooper (can drive the lane really well with a solid jumper).. DC is so very deep it is hard to name everyone and add a summary of that player!

dyer county doesnt talk trash or try to get 'into' someone's head. they ball and let that make their statement. it should be a heck of a game. cpa is talented and has the home court advantage. dc will force tempo and use its bench. btw was big and had great shooters. dc had home court. it will be a toos up who wins. the whole bracket is tough.

So does the student section just stand there and look dumb??? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dont tell me the student section doesnt try and get in the players head's on the other team. If they dont then you might as well not have one at all.

So does the student section just stand there and look dumb??? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dont tell me the student section doesnt try and get in the players head's on the other team. If they dont then you might as well not have one at all.

No a student section is there to cheer on their team and if in the process of cheering on their team they get into the heads of the other team well that is the other team's fault for letting them in there!

Remember, DC beat Giles at home, while CPA beat them on a neutral court that Giles had played at several times in their district. Also, CPA had probably their worst shooting game of the season against GC (Z saved the day with a good inside game). Giles defense really didn't bother CPA - they were just cold from outside. CPA jumped out to an 11 point lead in the 1st quarter on Giles, then held on by slowing the game down and working for shots for Z since they recognized their shooting was off.

My guess, DC is better than Giles, but not much, so CPA and DC should be evenly matched. It's all a matter of who plays well - that team should win.

CPA4Ever - What are you talking about... DC did not play Giles County....

Giles county played CPA to a three point game... Giles county lost to bolivar by three and DC beat Bolivar by 11... That is the only comparison that I know of with like competitors....

???We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it.??? Thomas Jefferson

"What matters...is not the size of the dog in the fight, but of the fight in the dog" a much wiser man said this!! Paul "Bear" Bryant!! I can do quotes as well!

DC is much better than Giles County....I say DC's speed will overwhelm CPA.CPA might be patient on offense but DC plays the passing lanes extremely well.....you can lob the ball over the defense to the big man but it's going to take more that that. DC has so much speed and quickness it's almost unbeleivable. CPA will have to have the best game plan and have to be able to make in game adjustments because I think within the first three or four minutes CPA is going think WOW this is the fastest team we have seen all season. I may be wrong but I say DC's speed is something most opponents have never seen and you certainly can't simulate that kind of speed in practice. Not sure if it will happen or not but I read DC's coach said he had 8 players that can play at the next level. My guess is some of those would be NAIA but nonetheless that's impressive.

DC is much better than Giles County....I say DC's speed will overwhelm CPA.CPA might be patient on offense but DC plays the passing lanes extremely well.....you can lob the ball over the defense to the big man but it's going to take more that that. DC has so much speed and quickness it's almost unbeleivable. CPA will have to have the best game plan and have to be able to make in game adjustments because I think within the first three or four minutes CPA is going think WOW this is the fastest team we have seen all season. I may be wrong but I say DC's speed is something most opponents have never seen and you certainly can't simulate that kind of speed in practice. Not sure if it will happen or not but I read DC's coach said he had 8 players that can play at the next level. My guess is some of those would be NAIA but nonetheless that's impressive.

I agree DC is much better than Giles County! and DC has incredible speed! These are facts! DC has played teams that have tried the slow it down and DC has played teams that thought they could run with DC! All and all if you think DC's half-court game is non-existent PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue thinking that so DC can surprise you! As for HHSnumber1fan, Haywood tried a half-court trap and it didn't work then they switched it up they had to too many OPEN weapons!!! I hear that CPA only has Miller and Anderson from behind the arc is that correct?... DC has Justin Blake, Deangelo Parr, Rex Pierce, and C.J. Crittendon from beyond 3pt range! Good Luck and GO CHOCTAWS!!!!