Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

How was the fish fry?? Couldn't go...hated it but had a kid with fever. DC does just fine with adjusting their game...if CPA wants to change it up..let em. Big players do not equal better players. DC has major chemistry with their players. Can play with the best of em.

If you'd say size doesn't make a player better, than you could also say that speed, strength, skill, and athletic ability don't either. CPA has a powerful post that is capable of hurting DC. Dyer has speed that is capable of hurting CPA. Can we just leave it at that?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, who said that they call their offense running?

"There is usually a reason teams slow it down, IT`S EASIER THAN RUNNING THE FLOOR"

What are you implying by this. You think your team is the only one that works hard? CPA doesn't "run the floor" because it does not fit their personnel, and it is not the style that the coach wants instill in his players. Both teams do what they are good at. And obviously if they have made it this far with the records they have, both styles are working just fine.

Points per game really doesn't matter, I think the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs have proved that...

Hey Matt...still hate my guts? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Regardless what style either team plays, I think it is going to be one heck of a game. Always interesting to see 2 teams with such contrasting styles play.

Hey Matt...still hate my guts? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Regardless what style either team plays, I think it is going to be one heck of a game. Always interesting to see 2 teams with such contrasting styles play.

EVEN MORE NOW. NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN.

(Hopefully you remember the rule you established)

Indeed, no one can really predict what will happen. Too bad one of these teams has to go home after the first round.

Alright, who said that they call their offense running?

"There is usually a reason teams slow it down, IT`S EASIER THAN RUNNING THE FLOOR"

What are you implying by this. You think your team is the only one that works hard? CPA doesn't "run the floor" because it does not fit their personnel, and it is not the style that the coach wants instill in his players. Both teams do what they are good at. And obviously if they have made it this far with the records they have, both styles are working just fine.

Points per game really doesn't matter, I think the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs have proved that...

NO. I do not think DC works any harder than any of the 8 teams left, but based on some post from other CPA fans, I stand by my post. Obviously CPA`s offense works very well for them as does DC`s, but if CPA is used to running the half court offense, I`m not sure "Z" can keep the pace the Choctaws will bring to the court. Even if CPA tries to slow it down, they still have to get the ball from one end of the floor to the other and that where DC`s "D" will get ya.

The last time I checked, the team with the most points at the end of the game had a really good advantage and if you really don`t think points matter, look at the Grizzlies.

EVEN MORE NOW. NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN.

(Hopefully you remember the rule you established)

Indeed, no one can really predict what will happen. Too bad one of these teams has to go home after the first round.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I had really hoped they wouldn't play in the first round..you are correct, one will have to go home. I hope to see a good, injury free, well called game. Almost forgot...I DESPISE YOU MORE TODAY THAN I DID YESTERDAY.

If you'd say size doesn't make a player better, than you could also say that speed, strength, skill, and athletic ability don't either. CPA has a powerful post that is capable of hurting DC. Dyer has speed that is capable of hurting CPA. Can we just leave it at that?

There's 15 kids in our district thats 6'3 or taller plus DC has 8 players 6'2 to 6' 6 and the 6'6 kid is a bull rider on the rodeo circuit we have a little power also.

Size helps i will admit that but it doesn't make you better! But speed, strength, skill, and athletic ability does matter!

There's 15 kids in our district thats 6'3 or taller plus DC has 8 players 6'2 to 6' 6 and the 6'6 kid is a bull rider on the rodeo circuit we have a little power also.

YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that makes him shoot better too! Giddy UP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I would bet my whole savings that Z is stronger than your "bull rider"...

YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that makes him shoot better too! Giddy UP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I would bet my whole savings that Z is stronger than your "bull rider"...

You would be correct....they were just making a statement about the size of our players. He isn't a starter. Yes Z would be a stronger player /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Compared to some teams we are considered small.

I know some of you have been wondering where i was and waiting for my input.

Matt ill say this CPA averages 60 points a game. DC we average 90 points a game. CPA good luck on keeping up. and that jp guy even confirms the roughly 60 point average. GO CHOCTAWS! GO TORNADOES!

with the press of DC, this game should be a high scoring one, at least for the choctaws. and i expect it to be a high scoring affair for CPA also. when teams play against a good team like DC, they play better. they score higher.

im headed to the boro in about an hour and a half. hope everyone has safe travels up there today & or tommorrow.

brutal, I doubt CPA will try to run with Dyer Co...from watching previous state tournaments most of the middle and eastern teams try to run half court offenses and defenses and really aren't big on trying to blow someone off the court. Whoever establishes the tempo will win this game. I also believe Dyer Co. can fair well in the half-court play as well. "Mr. Z" may be big and strong but when he's got two little quick athletes in his face and getting double teamed constantly all night he may not like it too much and get frustrated. I don't know much about CPA except that their head coach is Coach Maddox whom was a star at Vandy back in his days. This should be a great game but I'll go with Dyer Co. by 9.