Region 3 1A?

bigdog64

2. Grace - should be pretty competitive with seniors josh blake and cody cross leading the offense. Grace will probably get past lookout valley and take second place.

3. Lookout Valley - no longer has scruggs, who ran all over this region(except for south pitt), so their running game should slow down a bit. I'm not sure if their receiver was a senior.....

4. Silverdale - not sure about seniors, returning players etc. (could not find anything on their website) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Shuffle Silverdale to 2nd place and I think you have it correct. LV lost Scruggs and IMO a bigger loss in Rorex. I think LV will be in a fight to make the playoffs. Silverdale was the best region team we played last year. Yes they lost to LV and Grace but both were close games.... the pieces were there and I don't think their graduation losses were too bad. Grace will also be a contender for 2nd spot. Their QB Blake is a weapon. He may be the best QB we played against this year. He just needs some help.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has a great middle school class coming up on a team which utilizes freshman quite often...

Based on our scrimmage with the middle school don't get your hopes up for a lot of help from there. If you are depending on even talented Freshmen to start you have a team that will have trouble. Our middle school has been 32-1 over the last 4 years (7-0, 7-1, 9-0, 9-0) with 3 SVC Championships and we don't have Freshmen that start

No offense YngballCoach, just being honest, but our Jr High team dominated DB in the scrimmage. If DB is counting on the middle school talent to bolster the team they are in serious trouble. There are a few talented kids on the DB team but not enough to run the spread (again no offense just my opinion) or to make the playoffs just yet

Zone, I love the modifications you made to your tag. I guess you had a little time on your hands during basketball season? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You David Brainerd people need to get a grip on reality. Why do you continue to overestimate your worth?

Temple has several good kids that did not play last year that will give them a much better team than last year, especially since they do not lost hardly anyone. They will not be good enough to compete for fourth place, but they will be good enough to beat Copper Basin and David Brainerd again.

One thing in Temple's favor is that they will be able to start off this next season without all the turmoil and drama.

I agree that Silverdale will probably finish second this year.

Zone, I love the modifications you made to your tag. I guess you had a little time on your hands during basketball season? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hey man. How you doing? I saw the pic in the paper. I made the changes right after the championship game...just haven't posted much.

Temple has several good kids that did not play last year that will give them a much better team than last year, especially since they do not lost hardly anyone. They will not be good enough to compete for fourth place, but they will be good enough to beat Copper Basin and David Brainerd again.

One thing in Temple's favor is that they will be able to start off this next season without all the turmoil and drama.

A calmer start to the season should help. Who are the kids that did not play? When do ya'll start spring practice?

You David Brainerd people need to get a grip on reality. Why do you continue to overestimate your worth?

I agree that Silverdale will probably finish second this year.

Okay..........Okay....I get it! Everyone else can get on here and say that their team is great. I mean EVERYBODY, so if you go to DB your supposed to tell kids, you stink! Zone, yes the spread might not be good for us in your view, but I see it everyday and they look good. To Green Acres and all the other SBA fans, if you come in second that is great, SO PROUD! but for me to be a fan (and a coach...SHHHHH) I CAN support mine. And earlier about the middle school thing.....Others used it but Oh lowly DB cant.......That's cool too....SP I hope that all is well out there, and maybe you guys forget you have a game that night! LOL In that case we are in 3rd by Middle standards cause we only lost to Grace and DRILLED SBA, so again I just based it on the PREVIOUS PEOPLES OBSERVATIONS!

Okay..........Okay....I get it! Everyone else can get on here and say that their team is great. I mean EVERYBODY, so if you go to DB your supposed to tell kids, you stink! Zone, yes the spread might not be good for us in your view, but I see it everyday and they look good. To Green Acres and all the other SBA fans, if you come in second that is great, SO PROUD! but for me to be a fan (and a coach...SHHHHH) I CAN support mine. And earlier about the middle school thing.....Others used it but Oh lowly DB cant.......That's cool too....SP I hope that all is well out there, and maybe you guys forget you have a game that night! LOL In that case we are in 3rd by Middle standards cause we only lost to Grace and DRILLED SBA, so again I just based it on the PREVIOUS PEOPLES OBSERVATIONS!

Easy now.....the predictions that DB would go from being last to a contender invited these type comments. I said DB has some talent but they have a long way to go to be a contender. I'm not just picking on DB.....any school, be it DB, LV, SD, etc, that is depending on incoming Freshman to start or contribute much is in big, big trouble. DB is a second year team...it will take time.

I realize we have differing opinions and the spread is the in vogue, sexy offense but IMO if you don't have the talent to take advantage of it's strengths a decent team will shut it down. We played you guys and I saw film from couple of other games so I am just giving my honest opinion, not trying to step on your toes. When only 1 or maybe 2 of the 4 or 5 WR's are real threats you are not fooling anybody. Pass blocking against a faster, bigger team is also much harder than run blocking. When a team knows that almost every play is a pass the D will just pin it's ears back and go. Grace is another spread team that would be much more successful in another offense and they have a lot more talent than DB. IMO without their very elusive QB they are a mediocre team in the spread at best. He makes stuff happen. With Blake and their RB's they would be a much better team in Wing-t or Pro (and mix in some gun) and use play action to set up the pass.

Comparing all the middle school teams to ours is probably unfair....I saw Grace play and IMO I think we would have beaten them by 30+ points. We even dominated Soddy, East Ridge and Chatt Christian in pre-season scrimmages (along with beating DB 10 scores to 0). We were just that good last year. The point was that even we didn't have freshman from last years 9-0 team that started and I doubt we have any from this years 9-0 team that start either.

BTW, Green Acres is a Temple fan

Okay before I make the selections, let's look at this based on other peoples breakdown. This is totally based on what others have said.

1. South Pitt: DUH!

2. Grace: That QB is a very good athlete and has some solid returners andif that kid from the middle school is on the varsity.........the South Pitt game could be a Classic

3. Whitwell: Solid program with great coaches

4. David Brainerd: Ah yes the DRAMA...here is my case. IF LV is going to be good because of the middle school team that is moving up....DB middle7-LV 0. If SBA team loses alot and their middle school kids are going to help them too....DB middle won by 20 (I think, if I am correct SBA middle had the lead right before half and got 20 str8 scored on them)The QB and ALL skill players return plus 3 new WR's and 3 OL. You say what quality are they, I say thats why there have coaches.

5. LV: The WR in question is GONE, but they have 3 solid RB's but the QB situation is in doubt

6. SBA: Lost too many and that Coach Allen ruffled some feathers

7. Copper Basin: Building a solid program there.....contention soon REAL soon

8. Temple: HONESTLY, is a coach or player going to want to deal with the situation of lack of playoffs and there best players will be entering their final year of basketball!

As far as Temple is concerned, the lack of playoffs situation will be a dead point. I believe any and every coach and/or player involved with the program wil approach this next season with a chip on their shoulder. There is so much to play for, whether or not the playoffs are a possibility or not. Auburn in 1993 showed us what having "nothing" to play for can do. Auburn in 2004 for that matter showed us what playing with a chip on your shoulder can do. I'm not an Auburn fan by any means, but there are plenty of examples that show that there is still much to play for especially when you feel like you have something to prove. (Florida '06, Ohio State '03, Alabama '92, Tennessee '98)This region is a tough one to compete in but don't be surprised if Temple can make a bit of noise. South Pitt is still the team to beat and Lookout Valley is on their heels in my opinion. The road to the region championship will roll through both of those teams.

Easy now.....the predictions that DB would go from being last to a contender invited these type comments. I said DB has some talent but they have a long way to go to be a contender. I'm not just picking on DB.....any school, be it DB, LV, SD, etc, that is depending on incoming Freshman to start or contribute much is in big, big trouble. DB is a second year team...it will take time.

I realize we have differing opinions and the spread is the in vogue, sexy offense but IMO if you don't have the talent to take advantage of it's strengths a decent team will shut it down. We played you guys and I saw film from couple of other games so I am just giving my honest opinion, not trying to step on your toes. When only 1 or maybe 2 of the 4 or 5 WR's are real threats you are not fooling anybody. Pass blocking against a faster, bigger team is also much harder than run blocking. When a team knows that almost every play is a pass the D will just pin it's ears back and go. Grace is another spread team that would be much more successful in another offense and they have a lot more talent than DB. IMO without their very elusive QB they are a mediocre team in the spread at best. He makes stuff happen. With Blake and their RB's they would be a much better team in Wing-t or Pro (and mix in some gun) and use play action to set up the pass.

Comparing all the middle school teams to ours is probably unfair....I saw Grace play and IMO I think we would have beaten them by 30+ points. We even dominated Soddy, East Ridge and Chatt Christian in pre-season scrimmages (along with beating DB 10 scores to 0). We were just that good last year. The point was that even we didn't have freshman from last years 9-0 team that started and I doubt we have any from this years 9-0 team that start either.

BTW, Green Acres is a Temple fan

lol zone nobody on here i think has any ideas that they can beat you except for football time....guess thats the good ole silverdale education talkin....we were using middle school teams to compare ourselves against everybody else below you guys....but i personally believe it's easier to teach pass block if you just learn how to do it right...problem is in high school nobody practices pass blocking enough to be good at it...except DB who allowed only 1 or 2 sacks against SP although i know the QB was hurried more than that