Howard verus Bolivar Central

RichieRich2007

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents -

The west TN teams there seem to play a lot more aggressive and physical than do their middle and east TN counterparts, with a couple of exceptions. I don't know how King Ronnie and his Court determines who refs what, but I would say that a big deal of West TN problems is that the refs just flat out are not used to seeing the style of play these teams have.

I could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

My two cents -

The west TN teams there seem to play a lot more aggressive and physical than do their middle and east TN counterparts, with a couple of exceptions. I don't know how King Ronnie and his Court determines who refs what, but I would say that a big deal of West TN problems is that the refs just flat out are not used to seeing the style of play these teams have.

I could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

Well, they need to gets some refs that understand the "style of play" these teams have......dontcha think?? WHY NOT have some from the west as well?? There is more than one style of ball being played by kids across the country....I know you know this Sol...just a suggestion.

Geez I've never seen so much crying and complaining about refs in the past few days in my life. I don't think there has ever been a "good officiated" game in any sport. The loser always points the fingers at the ref. Now we got the winning team pointing at the refs. Get over it, its going to happen. I'm glad I'm not a ref. I don't have the patience to put up with whining fans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What do you mean?

When I saw Bolivar play Waverly and Harpeth, I told you that I had been going to the state tournament for years, and I didn't think this Bolivar team while being a good team, had what it took to win it all. You all said I was just mad at you all. That had nothing to do with it. You guys had no competition when you played 11AA because there were no strong teams. You all said papatiger was off his rocker. Well, I guess not huh? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

When I saw Bolivar play Waverly and Harpeth, I told you that I had been going to the state tournament for years, and I didn't think this Bolivar team while being a good team, had what it took to win it all. You all said I was just mad at you all. That had nothing to do with it. You guys had no competition when you played 11AA because there were no strong teams. You all said papatiger was off his rocker. Well, I guess not huh? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Problem is, YOU never put yourself out there and picked a winner. Now it's down to 4 teams so who you got? Waverly? OOPS, my bad.

I knew all that.. I was just waiting for you to explain so I could remind you I never said Bolivar would win the whole thing and I challange you to find anywhere I said that. What I did say is that Bolivar would make it to state and had as good a chance as anybody else..What we were talking about is how Bolivar dominated the region. REMEMBER. You are also the one that gave Waverly, Harpeth, and Creek Wood all a much better than average chance to beat Bolivar and they were all dominated. See I remeber to. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Problem is, YOU never put yourself out there and picked a winner. Now it's down to 4 teams so who you got? Waverly? OOPS, my bad.

No, I didn't pick a winner. But from what I've seen, I thought Dyer County or CPA might be the ones until they drew each other in the opening round. It doesn't matter that I didn't pick a winner, I just knew that Bolivar didn't have enough to do it.

You see, last year, everyone knew that Liberty Tech would win it. No doubt. Those type of teams you saw the second teamers coming in and not only holding leads but building leads. Bolivar's second team couldn't hold the lead against WAVERLY who no one including myself every thought they would make the region tourney much less win it. Bolivar also struggled in the first half against a Harpeth team who was playing without one of their leading scorers and leaders. and they weren't that good. Better than average, but not a state tournament team.

So you can talk about Waverly not making it all you want, I don't care, they didn't, I knew they wouldn't and never even predicted they would beat Bolivar much less go to state.

I am just pointing out you guys thought you had it won because you were from 12AA. Well, someone forgot to tell Howard! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I knew all that.. I was just waiting for you to explain so I could remind you I never said Bolivar would win the whole thing and I challange you to find anywhere I said that. What I did say is that Bolivar would make it to state and had as good a chance as anybody else..What we were talking about is how Bolivar dominated the region. REMEMBER. You are also the one that gave Waverly, Harpeth, and Creek Wood all a much better than average chance to beat Bolivar and they were all dominated. See I remeber to. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can't spell, but you can remember? Anyway, I challenge you to find a post saying that Waverly would beat Bolivar! Never. I did think that Harpeth or Sycamore or Creek Wood could. Creek Wood upset Sycamore, Harpeth played you guys without one of their leading scorers and leaders and they still stayed in the game until the third quarter. 11AA was not a very good district, yes you guys dominated, but that's not much of an accomplishment.

When you guys struggled with Giles County, I knew your days were numbered.

Anyway, I said you would not win the state, and by George, you didn't!

No, I didn't pick a winner. But from what I've seen, I thought Dyer County or CPA might be the ones until they drew each other in the opening round. It doesn't matter that I didn't pick a winner, I just knew that Bolivar didn't have enough to do it.

You see, last year, everyone knew that Liberty Tech would win it. No doubt. Those type of teams you saw the second teamers coming in and not only holding leads but building leads. Bolivar's second team couldn't hold the lead against WAVERLY who no one including myself every thought they would make the region tourney much less win it. Bolivar also struggled in the first half against a Harpeth team who was playing without one of their leading scorers and leaders. and they weren't that good. Better than average, but not a state tournament team.

So you can talk about Waverly not making it all you want, I don't care, they didn't, I knew they wouldn't and never even predicted they would beat Bolivar much less go to state.

I am just pointing out you guys thought you had it won because you were from 12AA. Well, someone forgot to tell Howard! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

REMEMBER. You are also the one that gave Waverly, Harpeth, and Creek Wood all a much better than average chance to beat Bolivar and they were all dominated. See I remeber to. Anybody can go back and read the threads and see how off the mark you were. Please post the scores of the region matchup and post your comments alongside each game and then let everyone decide if you know what your talking about. I've seen alot of people on here do that what you are doing right now. Thing is all anyone has to do is look before and after then decide. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And, my point is that it is easy to pick 1 out of 8 teams and say they will NOT win the tourney. Odds favor you to be correct. But that really isn't saying much when you don't follow it with "my pick to win is ______". I said from the beginning that this tourney is wide open. I also said earlier that there isn't a team like Liberty 2007 that would steam roll everyone. Any of the 4 remaining teams could end up being AA champions, and that team still isn't clearly a better team than Haywood Co. Giles Co. or BTW. There were several quality teams of equal or comparable talent in AA this year.