Milan's trip to state

sls

1st of all congrats to Marshall County.

Milan survived tough tests in 13AA, 7AA & Memphis Hillcrest just to make the goal of reaching the state tournament possible.

Now the rest of this is strictly my opinon. It's mine and I really don't care if anyone agrees or not.

Good job to Mr. Todd for setting up a 1st class trip for the lady dogs, from hotel accomadations,meals, etc., etc.

The Mr & Miss basketball awards are too political and need to be re-thought or done away with. Did Miss Davis deserve the AA award, I have no idea. I only saw her play twice. How many writers that voted from East Tn or NW TN saw Miss Davis or C Riley ? I would say very few. So here is my thinking, to have 1 from Memphis and 1 from NW TN and one from middle Tn, I would say the one from mid-state would win most of the time as the west is split and mid state is not and more than likely very few from the east even voted and if they did it was a guess. By stats alone Ms Riley was the best. After seeing all 3 play, Chantell was the best player. I don't even know the criteria the voters are to use when voting, just what was printed in the guide. Congrats to all the nominees, as you are all winners.

Creekwood: Things must have fell their way, as they are a 6th place team in AA. Very well coaches, ran some good stuff, just not the most talented team. Congrats on getting there, not an easy task.

Upperman: A lot like Westview, except they had a 6'3 post player. Davis is a great player and is to be commended for getting her team to the state tourn. Lacking in overall size, which hurt them on the boards. Would finish 4th or 5th in 13AA. By the way, as good as Davis is, she has been cloned, from Rechis @ Westview. Same type of player, same size, Davis better driving, Rechis better shooter.

Marshall County: Managed to come out on top. If tournament was played again next week, I don't think the same team would win twice in a row between McMinn, Milan, Marshall County. All solid teams. The March girl is one of the top ten players in the state as a junior. McQueen deadly shooter. Moffett very dependable. Simmons, better post then I expected. Milan did not defend the inbounds plays of MC as instructed. Milan did not rebound as well as they usually do.

MC limited Grey for the most part to being a 1/2 court offensive threat. Milan got nothing offensively from 3 land. Some missed, some blocked, (good job on MC's part) not smart on Milan's part. Simmons made more shots than expected. Both teams played excellent 1/2 court defense. Chantell did an awesome job on March. Milan got 14 offensive rebounds and 1 foul on 14 putbacks, very unusual to say the least.

MC is a very deserving team. Would finish with the best of 13AA, if not at the top.

Milan did not help themselves. Most of the time when they did this in the season they managed to pull it out. You can only pull it out so many times against good competition.

I've been waiting for Poston to show me everything she had in a game. I was fortunate enough to see it in the last 2 games she played. Grey has matured so much. In that small body is a lot of heart. Good luck in the future. Milan will be lucky to have 2 athletes like those 2 again, ever.

For those of you that doubted the abilities of Coach V, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> , he is one of the best.

1st of all congrats to Marshall County.

Milan survived tough tests in 13AA, 7AA & Memphis Hillcrest just to make the goal of reaching the state tournament possible.

Now the rest of this is strictly my opinon. It's mine and I really don't care if anyone agrees or not.

Good job to Mr. Todd for setting up a 1st class trip for the lady dogs, from hotel accomadations,meals, etc., etc.

The Mr & Miss basketball awards are too political and need to be re-thought or done away with. Did Miss Davis deserve the AA award, I have no idea. I only saw her play twice. How many writers that voted from East Tn or NW TN saw Miss Davis or C Riley ? I would say very few. So here is my thinking, to have 1 from Memphis and 1 from NW TN and one from middle Tn, I would say the one from mid-state would win most of the time as the west is split and mid state is not and more than likely very few from the east even voted and if they did it was a guess. By stats alone Ms Riley was the best. After seeing all 3 play, Chantell was the best player. I don't even know the criteria the voters are to use when voting, just what was printed in the guide. Congrats to all the nominees, as you are all winners.

Creekwood: Things must have fell their way, as they are a 6th place team in AA. Very well coaches, ran some good stuff, just not the most talented team. Congrats on getting there, not an easy task.

Upperman: A lot like Westview, except they had a 6'3 post player. Davis is a great player and is to be commended for getting her team to the state tourn. Lacking in overall size, which hurt them on the boards. Would finish 4th or 5th in 13AA. By the way, as good as Davis is, she has been cloned, from Rechis @ Westview. Same type of player, same size, Davis better driving, Rechis better shooter.

Marshall County: Managed to come out on top. If tournament was played again next week, I don't think the same team would win twice in a row between McMinn, Milan, Marshall County. All solid teams. The March girl is one of the top ten players in the state as a junior. McQueen deadly shooter. Moffett very dependable. Simmons, better post then I expected. Milan did not defend the inbounds plays of MC as instructed. Milan did not rebound as well as they usually do.

MC limited Grey for the most part to being a 1/2 court offensive threat. Milan got nothing offensively from 3 land. Some missed, some blocked, (good job on MC's part) not smart on Milan's part. Simmons made more shots than expected. Both teams played excellent 1/2 court defense. Chantell did an awesome job on March. Milan got 14 offensive rebounds and 1 foul on 14 putbacks, very unusual to say the least.

MC is a very deserving team. Would finish with the best of 13AA, if not at the top.

Milan did not help themselves. Most of the time when they did this in the season they managed to pull it out. You can only pull it out so many times against good competition.

I've been waiting for Poston to show me everything she had in a game. I was fortunate enough to see it in the last 2 games she played. Grey has matured so much. In that small body is a lot of heart. Good luck in the future. Milan will be lucky to have 2 athletes like those 2 again, ever.

For those of you that doubted the abilities of Coach V, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> , he is one of the best.

Well said my friend........don't discount the job you did as well. They don't make it as far as they did without all of your work behind the scenes........

Great to see a Milan team in a state championship again. The outside shots didn't fall while the oppositions did. The "let it go"(outside of the 5 away from the ball fouls) style of reffing didn't favor Milan, a team who operates it's offense inside the arc while MC was launching 3s. Gonna miss seein Chantel and Shaniqua on the court. I'd put those two against any in the state. Congrats to Chantel on being a Ms. BBall finalist. My personal opinion would be that she was she was heads and shoulders above everyone in the state. We'll all be watching you do big things next year at Purdue. I just hate that you play on a team not known for girls basketball in rural west tn. Congrats to Coach Volbert and the girls.